Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Tocotrienols, Rosemary oil and castor oil to Help a bit with the PGE2. Not ideal but it's better than nothing.

IamZhea

Reaction score
Soo I'm changing a few things about my regimen so I figured I would update you guys on what I'm going to be trying.

Switching from 6mg estradiol pills to a biweekly IM injection of 0.5mL of 40mg/mL estradiol valerate. I'm hoping this will make my results better as far as feminization goes, as my estrogen levels currently leave a little bit to be desired (104 pg/mL, I want around 150-200 pg/mL ideally).

Changing from Nizoral to Regenpure DR. Gonna stick to using it 2-3x a week. nizoral dries my hair and scalp out so I'm hoping this will help that although I'm sure it is small in the grand scheme of things as far as regrowth goes.

Adding Lithium Chloride into the mix. Gonna use it once a week on wounding day, just on the temples.

Adding a miconazole nitrate 2% cream into the mix. Just going to be using it on my temples once a day.

I'm really hoping this will boost my results to where I want them to be as I'm really getting irritated with how slow things are progressing on my temples. I feel desperate to try anything that might thicken that hair up because then I could pretty confidently say that while my hair is not 100% like it was before hair loss (lower overall density and it grows slow as **** on top) I would feel like I have beaten my Androgenetic Alopecia and could move on from this part of my life. If PGE2 were not so expensive/hard to come by, I would be on that as well :/ maybe that is the next step if this doesn't get me to where I want to be.

Best of luck with that routine. I still check this thread like every day for inspiration, tbh.

I am at a NW2.5-3 right now. My hair is shoulder length. My temples have recessed about as far as I expect them to, now I am noticing more spottiness in my frontal line and it's definitely moving back. I am starting Finasteride in two weeks. I start Estrogen and spironolactone towards the beginning of July. I think I'm gonna hold off on Minoxidil, I fear I can't upkeep it for the next ~3-5 years etc so I don't want to grow something only for it to go away later. You have came so far its honestly incredible. Yesterday I cried all day about my hair but I keep coming back to this thread for hope.

I've felt so helpless during all of this. I've been trying to do my HRT through the "correct" legal channels but it's been such a hassle. I've sat here the last 3-4 months and watched testosterone destroy my hair before my very own eyes. It feels like watching a flesh eating bacteria consume a part of yourself you love. Hair is such an important part of my identity it feels like I'm being destroyed along with my hair.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck with that routine. I still check this thread like every day for inspiration, tbh.

I am at a NW2.5-3 right now. My hair is shoulder length. My temples have recessed about as far as I expect them to, now I am noticing more spottiness in my frontal line and it's definitely moving back. I am starting Finasteride in two weeks. I start Estrogen and spironolactone towards the beginning of July. I think I'm gonna hold off on Minoxidil, I fear I can't upkeep it for the next ~3-5 years etc so I don't want to grow something only for it to go away later. You have came so far its honestly incredible. Yesterday I cried all day about my hair but I keep coming back to this thread for hope.

I've felt so helpless during all of this. I've been trying to do my HRT through the "correct" legal channels but it's been such a hassle. I've sat here the last 3-4 months and watched testosterone destroy my hair before my very own eyes. It feels like watching a flesh eating bacteria consume a part of yourself you love. Hair is such an important part of my identity it feels like I'm being destroyed along with my hair.

Thanks!

I know what you mean about the helpless feeling. I used to look at my hair (among other features but primarily my hair) and feel an indescribable amount of anxiety and literally want to kill myself. Hair loss as a trans woman is especially devastating I feel, because hair is so important as far as having a feminine appearance goes, and trans women are often judged much more harshly/held to a much higher standard of femininity than cis women are.

That sucks about how long it's going to take to get on HRT. I had to go through about 5 months of therapy just to get a recommendation to a doctor who would see a trans patient about HRT. Then it took 3 months for them to schedule me! It's ridiculous how long they expect you to just wait while testosterone is literally destroying your body. I couldn't have afforded to wait that long -- my situation was pretty much 'do or die' by the time I chose to transition. I couldn't have lived another 8-9 months like I was... Hormones literally saved my life lol. I'm not saying DIY is a particularly good idea, but I definitely don't regret it at all either.

IamZhea

Reaction score
Thanks!

I know what you mean about the helpless feeling. I used to look at my hair (among other features but primarily my hair) and feel an indescribable amount of anxiety and literally want to kill myself. Hair loss as a trans woman is especially devastating I feel, because hair is so important as far as having a feminine appearance goes, and trans women are often judged much more harshly/held to a much higher standard of femininity than cis women are.

That sucks about how long it's going to take to get on HRT. I had to go through about 5 months of therapy just to get a recommendation to a doctor who would see a trans patient about HRT. Then it took 3 months for them to schedule me! It's ridiculous how long they expect you to just wait while testosterone is literally destroying your body. I couldn't have afforded to wait that long -- my situation was pretty much 'do or die' by the time I chose to transition. I couldn't have lived another 8-9 months like I was... Hormones literally saved my life lol. I'm not saying DIY is a particularly good idea, but I definitely don't regret it at all either.

Wow! That's an incredibly long wait. I've been out/socially transitioned for about a year now. I started my HRT process back in February. Took about a month to get insurance. Went to my general doctor and told him I want to do informed consent or I'm just gonna self med. He got in touch with a lot of different places that were too busy/not doing that. Finally connected me with the first transcare specific clinic in Indiana. They are new and only have 1 endo so it's like 2 month waits between visits. I already did my labs/etc. Literally just go back and meet her July 6th and walk out with my scripts.

I'm a composer of music and teach music theory, I don't think I could have afforded all the drugs consistently on my own so I'm sort of glad I did the insurance route, etc. I do wish I would have started self medding though. I'm gonna be self medding with the finasteride. My endo is gonna give me a script for it but refused to give me the script earlier this month. I'm probably not gonna tell her I have been using it when I go and see her. I only ordered enough to hold me over till July.

my situation was pretty much 'do or die' by the time I chose to transition

Yeah, that's basically where I am right now. I pass pretty well pre-HRT so I've had really high hopes but the continual destruction of hairline is probably the most profound emotional angst I've ever experienced. Anyways, you look beautiful I'm hoping you the best forever. I hope I can fix my hair half as well as you've rejuvenated yours.

Are you worried about what will happen when you stop minoxidil?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! That's an incredibly long wait. I've been out/socially transitioned for about a year now. I started my HRT process back in February. Took about a month to get insurance. Went to my general doctor and told him I want to do informed consent or I'm just gonna self med. He got in touch with a lot of different places that were too busy/not doing that. Finally connected me with the first transcare specific clinic in Indiana. They are new and only have 1 endo so it's like 2 month waits between visits. I already did my labs/etc. Literally just go back and meet her July 6th and walk out with my scripts.

I'm a composer of music and teach music theory, I don't think I could have afforded all the drugs consistently on my own so I'm sort of glad I did the insurance route, etc. I do wish I would have started self medding though. I'm gonna be self medding with the finasteride. My endo is gonna give me a script for it but refused to give me the script earlier this month. I'm probably not gonna tell her I have been using it when I go and see her. I only ordered enough to hold me over till July.

Yeah, that's basically where I am right now. I pass pretty well pre-HRT so I've had really high hopes but the continual destruction of hairline is probably the most profound emotional angst I've ever experienced. Anyways, you look beautiful I'm hoping you the best forever. I hope I can fix my hair half as well as you've rejuvenated yours.

Are you worried about what will happen when you stop minoxidil?

I'm not planning on stopping minoxidil unless another treatment that can replace it comes along. It's annoying using it daily but if I were to stop it would be like all of this was for nothing since my hair would almost certainly fall out afterwards.

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
I'm not planning on stopping minoxidil unless another treatment that can replace it comes along. It's annoying using it daily but if I were to stop it would be like all of this was for nothing since my hair would almost certainly fall out afterwards.

By the way I'm interested how your regimen affected facial/body hair. I'm also wondering if it's possible to sustain the regimen until desired hair growth is acquired and then dropping the hrt and just maintaining with the other basics afterwards

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
that pic looks suspicious
What pic? I think recidingyt's pics look very legit. The oral hormonal therapy she is doing allows for results that look incredible to the rest of US.

Maybe these results should suggest something to those who keep on affirming that it is not the Testosterone / DHT cycle that should really be addressed by research.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was excited by your results until I saw spironolactone. It works miracles, but it is simply not an option for anyone who wants to remain male.

Well, yeah. I'm very clear on that in the original post.

My signature also clearly states I'm a trans woman so I mean.. lol

tooldude

Reaction score
well done, op. I'd just love to have your july '15 progress. Here's to hoping!

Best of luck to you in all of your endeavors!

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
congrat !!

nice result recedingyt.

your situation prove that reversing the hair loss for Androgenetic Alopecia is possible. you hair came back as normal.

did these drugs spironolactone/estradiol/progesterone affect a lot in your hair recovery ??and how ?

did you keep the hair that you recover it ?

an update picture would be appreciated.
:)

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Are you serious? You want someone to have a remote camera
so you can study them?

That's like watching the Scream TV series.

No,no,no dude she is cam model lol,what remote camera, **** is on your mind?
Btw the regimen is solid hairwise, it's a shame I can't post anything since last update

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No,no,no dude she is cam model lol,what remote camera, **** is on your mind?
Btw the regimen is solid hairwise, it's a shame I can't post anything since last update

Yeah just for clarification purposes I do cam modeling meaning I stream on a website where people come to watch other people's webcam and I collect tips from viewers

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Yeah just for clarification purposes I do cam modeling meaning I stream on a website where people come to watch other people's webcam and I collect tips from viewers

Is it similar to chatterbait?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Oh sorry chaturbate. That's cool.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so bit of an update:

Been using miconazole daily for about two weeks now and I'm back to dermarolling once a week since about 3 weeks ago. Immediately after rolling, I apply 1mL of a 40mg/mL solution of LiCL + water to the wounded areas (0.5mL per temple). As of last week I found a product at walmart where they keep all the oils and whatnot that black women put in their hair that has peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and tea tree oil in it (among other things but those are the major ones). I remember reading good things about peppermint and rosemary raising PGE2 levels, so I've been using that daily on my temples too.

I apply the miconazole about 2 hours after I apply minoxidil (only on the temples). I think you could theoretically apply them at the same time since they both raise PGE1 but I like giving the minoxidil some time to work its magic first. Then 4-6 hours after my minoxidil application I apply the oils. I do this because I remember reading on swisstemples' blog that PGE1 and PGE2 compete with one another so it's best to use them separately.

That all coincided with me starting estradiol injections and dutasteride, which I believe has maybe helped a bit. My E levels were only about 90pg/mL on pills and they should be higher now which certainly couldn't hurt my hair.

But yeah I have seen significant thickening of my temples in the past month or so. Definitely lots of those vellus hairs are starting to finally go terminal, which is great. I'm also seeing even more vellus hair popping up further down the hairline, and it's growing fast! I'm so excited to see how my hair is gonna look in another year or so. I'm serious when I say if all these vellus hairs go terminal I'd have literally a NW0/completely feminine hairline. Makes me want to buy some real PGE2 and see if I can accomplish a full recovery all the way from NW5 with no surgery at all. I probably will in a few months after I get my living situation figured out, depending on the cost.