IBM's Story - (NW3.5 -Big 3+Oral spironolactone, pics added Aug 2008)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Re: IBM story - (NW3.5 - Big 3+Oral spironolactone, pics added Aug 2008)

IBM, the pictures don't lie, your hair looks normal. You don't have male pattern baldness. Maybe you had some dermatitis but not balding. Show me better pictures to prove you are balding. At least with ghg, he does have some obvious thinning that eventually may become even worse. I saw this guy today who I would say was in his 20's and it was about a year ago I saw him and he was about a NW3/4 and today he has a NW6 going on NW7. He was waiting and looking in a mirror the whole time. I realized that is a true case of accelerated balding and felt so bad for the guy. I feel after seeing that I have no right to complain about my hair situation. And after seeing your picture with super thick hair even if its hiding a receding hairline,it still looks perfectly normal to me. I have never stated my situation was real bad but you on the other hand have painted a picture like your some NW2 or NW3. Consider yourself a NW1 and a solid "one"( no pun intended). And I am sure if you keep your hair that long, you will not have any problems attracting women either. Now if you admit, you have BDD, then I totally understand how you feel.

ali777

Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
Now if you admit, you have BDD, then I totally understand how you feel.

I think there are a few BDDs on this forum, but they don't admit to it.

Diavola, a new member, is the only person I've seen admitting to BDD. Here is his story: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=52036

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Yes, Daviola was a poster on HLH. I have posted to him on there and now I left him another one on here. Having BDD really is a hinderance and certainly has reared its ugly head for me in the past 3 years. Luckily, in my college days, it never seemed to bother me as much as it does now. I was definitely very social in my college years but now I just "keep to myself". Sound very familar, IBM. My social event is dealing with total strangers ( and some previous faces) every day. I have no problem talking to anyone as my conversation skills are quite entertaining but when it comes to "shopping for women" and "playing games", I just have given up. Most of the women I come across really need some psychological help themselves. I did find someone I am very "compatible" with but she is unhappily married and would never consider a divorce. And I am not getting involved with a married woman. That is a game that I will not play. IBM, you are young and stop wasting your time posting here and get yourself a "social life". At least, when I was your age, I had one.

ali777

Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
Yes, Daviola was a poster on HLH. I have posted to him on there and now I left him another one on here. Having BDD really is a hinderance and certainly has reared its ugly head for me in the past 3 years. Luckily, in my college days, it never seemed to bother me as much as it does now. I was definitely very social in my college years but now I just "keep to myself". Sound very familar, IBM. My social event is dealing with total strangers ( and some previous faces) every day. I have no problem talking to anyone as my conversation skills are quite entertaining but when it comes to "shopping for women" and "playing games", I just have given up. Most of the women I come across really need some psychological help themselves. I did find someone I am very "compatible" with but she is unhappily married and would never consider a divorce. And I am not getting involved with a married woman. That is a game that I will not play. IBM, you are young and stop wasting your time posting here and get yourself a "social life". At least, when I was your age, I had one.

How old are you??

I kinda went into hiding from the real world for some time as well, but it wasn't about my body. I'm pretty certain I had depression, and I suffered in silence. I basically had no social life for almost 2 years. I was with someone, but I was having problems with her as well, and she didn't help me.

At one point, I was a bit like CCS. I was questioning everything about my body, but I don't think I had a BDD. It was more of an extreme case of insecurity.

I'm actually OK now, I've started coming out of my shell. I have a full-time job waiting for me that I keep stalling (The stupid secretary sent me more paper work last week). I don't have any problem talking to women, etc....

My advice to IBM would be to stop living in denial and to face the facts. Stop hiding behind excuses and go out to have fun!!!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Ali, I don't want to hijack IBM's thread anymore so I sent you a PM.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score

IBM said:
Finally on Big 3. I got Finasteride 5% two days ago.
Now my regimen is:
- finasteride 1.25% once a day (since 11/13/2006)
- minoxidil 5% 1ml once a day (since 5/28/2006)
- Nizoral 3 days a week since (...)

I started to loose my hair at 20/21. In 21 i had a serious scalp problem (rot and bloody flaking skin). I lost a lot of scalp patches with hair attached. Curious my hairloss became very agressive. It stopped (scalp problem not hairloss) at 24 though sometimes i have some wounds and small flakings in my scalp (seborraique dermatitis).

I started Minoxidil and i think i had some success (thick and more hair) after 2 months. But now it's worse and i'm loosing a lot of hair. My opinion is that minoxidil is not good for people with seb. dermatitis because it shed too much.

After taking the first finasteride quarter i felt what called brain fog. I couldnt think and concentrate even on simple things. Today i had little pain in the balls in the morning (maybe its psychological).

Now i'm NW3.5.

I take in night. Is that ok to take with meals?

Who is that woman in your avatar?

NotWithoutAFight

Reaction score

I can answer this one. That's Kristen Bell from Heroes and Forgetting Sarah Marshall fame.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score

In all truth being on this forum has made me realise how futile worrying over my own hairloss is. Especially when there are so many people with much serious hairloss in comparison. My hairline is worse than IBM's but my thinning it probably about the same. You may not notice that he has few slight thin spots but carefull examination say he does. I think IBM is worrying because he may have once had a very thick head of hair like myself and all of a sudden its not thick all over anymore and ends up at different lengths who knows. Maybe there are other reasons for this like some sort of scalp problem that could inhibit growth, inflammation etc. I come on here because i like sharing information from what i found out about hairloss. That fear that i am going lose it (as it runs in the family both sides) has caused me to be like CCS at least it once did. I agree IBM has made a mountain out of a mole hill is true but thats not going to stop him worrying when he notices a difference in his hair. Agreed however IBM relax and enjoy yourself your years away from total baldness. You can certainly grow a better head of hair than myself.

IBM

Reaction score

follicle84 you hit the point. Constantly my hair is falling and growing, falling and growing over and over again.

amsch

Reaction score

IBM said:
follicle84 you hit the point. Constantly my hair is falling and growing, falling and growing over and over again.
That's called hair cycle :woot:

IBM

Reaction score

amsch said:
IBM said:
That's called hair cycle :woot:

But at a fast pace. Today i analysed my hair at top and discovered a lot of shorter hairs growing. It ruins my hairstyle.

Obsidian

Reaction score

Why are you still rocking that hairstyle IBM? Do something drastic.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

IBM do you have pics from when you first started your regime? You must have improved drastically because those photos from August show nothing close to a NW3.5?!

Where do you think you are at now? Oral spironolactone is pretty drastic to isn't it? Reckon it helped much?

IBM

Reaction score

Tyler_Durden said:
IBM do you have pics from when you first started your regime? You must have improved drastically because those photos from August show nothing close to a NW3.5?!

Where do you think you are at now? Oral spironolactone is pretty drastic to isn't it? Reckon it helped much?

I dont have any baseline pictures.

Oral spironolactone has helped on thickeness. Its a great anti-androgen. I recomend it.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

IBM said:
Tyler_Durden said:

Oral spironolactone has helped on thickeness. Its a great anti-androgen. I recomend it.

How much do you reckon you have changed from when you first started then? I mean you said you were a NW3.5?
Where do you think you are at now? I reckon you are a very good NW2, if not better...

Pretty risky oral spironolactone isn't it? You noticed any effect on your body?

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

No baseline pics??? I call bullshit. NO one would go into a regime like this without taking some before pics, to tell if they have improved or not.

And even if you were that stupid surely you would have some old pics lying around of you before you started with the meds?

amsch

Reaction score

so have you finally had "time" to make some pics?

IBM

Reaction score

Tyler_Durden said:
IBM said:
[quote="Tyler_Durden":3cpioqvu]IBM do you have pics from when you first started your regime? You must have improved drastically because those photos from August show nothing close to a NW3.5?!

How much do you reckon you have changed from when you first started then? I mean you said you were a NW3.5?
Where do you think you are at now? I reckon you are a very good NW2, if not better...

Pretty risky oral spironolactone isn't it? You noticed any effect on your body?[/quote:3cpioqvu]

I'm still a NW3.5. What you see is long hair which hides my severe thinning.

barcafan

Reaction score

I heard oral spironolactone turns you into a huge pussy

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

This is a Norwood 3 (it is a transplant pic, sorry after the 'after' part of it)
patient6.jpg

You are delusional and at worst a Norwood 2:
th_64216_hair01_122_411lo.jpg

You're insane man!