IBM's Story - (NW3.5 -Big 3+Oral spironolactone, pics added Aug 2008)

IBM

Reaction score
Finally on Big 3. I got Finasteride 5% two days ago.
Now my regimen is:
- finasteride 1.25% once a day (since 11/13/2006)
- minoxidil 5% 1ml once a day (since 5/28/2006)
- Nizoral 3 days a week since (...)

I started to loose my hair at 20/21. In 21 i had a serious scalp problem (rot and bloody flaking skin). I lost a lot of scalp patches with hair attached. Curious my hairloss became very agressive. It stopped (scalp problem not hairloss) at 24 though sometimes i have some wounds and small flakings in my scalp (seborraique dermatitis).

I started Minoxidil and i think i had some success (thick and more hair) after 2 months. But now it's worse and i'm loosing a lot of hair. My opinion is that minoxidil is not good for people with seb. dermatitis because it shed too much.

After taking the first finasteride quarter i felt what called brain fog. I couldnt think and concentrate even on simple things. Today i had little pain in the balls in the morning (maybe its psychological).

Now i'm NW3.5.

I take in night. Is that ok to take with meals?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's okay to take finasteride with food.

Apply your Rogaine morning and night, and try not to miss an application.

Remember to take your finasteride daily.

Shampoo your hair with Nizoral every few days.

Goodluck IBM.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stay the course - we're with you all the way.

IBM says, DHT! We don' need no DHT. We don' need no stinking DHT. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had some slight ache in my right ball. It went away in a week. Good luck bro, I hope it works out for you.

IBM

Reaction score
I'll stick Minoxidil once a day only. Putting in the morning it's not good because of my job.

G

Hey IBM,

why don´t you try the new minoxidil foam? It is said to dry very fast and so you can also apply it in the morning. Good Luck to you!!!

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM,

Try Foam I am using it in the morning and it dries very fast

IBM

Reaction score
I check the prices and try to buy it online. In portuguese pharmacies certainly dont have it.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
I check the prices and try to buy it online. In portuguese pharmacies certainly dont have it.

Can't you get it from the same source that you got your Finasteride?

I'd like to switch to foam because I need something quick drying. The liquid minoxidil just isn't convenient for a twice a day application.

IBM

Reaction score
tchehov said:
IBM said:

Can't you get it from the same source that you got your Finasteride?

They dont sell Minoxidil.

It's been a week since i started finasteride 1.25mg. No side effects. But it's too soon to evaluate.

IBM

Reaction score
Tomorrow will make 2 weeks on Finasteride. I'm not sure but i see some patchs of new hair growing on temples. Maybe they're falling but they are about 3 mm of length and they're together.
Shedding about 10% less as before.

So far i dont have any major side effect.

G

You are on the right track, mate. Just stick with your regimen and have patience. Good Luck!!!

G

IBM said:
Tomorrow will make 2 weeks on Finasteride. I'm not sure but i see some patchs of new hair growing on temples. Maybe they're falling but they are about 3 mm of length and they're together.
Shedding about 10% less as before.

So far i dont have any major side effect.

i'm sure you know this , ibm, but there's no way that that new hair is from finasteride after only 2 weeks. chances are it's the minoxidil doing that. good job getting on the finasteride though. what happened to considering dutasteride?

IBM

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i'm sure you know this , ibm, but there's no way that that new hair is from finasteride after only 2 weeks. chances are it's the minoxidil doing that. good job getting on the finasteride though. what happened to considering dutasteride?

I considered finasteride because of money. It would be very expensive for me to take dutasteride. I decided to take finasteride for 4/5 years and then switch to dutasteride forever.

Today i noticed some small drandruff/skin patches with one tiny hair attached. Anyone have this? I think it is due to seborraique dermatitis.

IBM

Reaction score
Tomorrow will make 3 weeks on quarter of no brand Finasteride 5mg.

No side effects noticed. Shedding is normal. Seborraique Dermatitis strikes with a little of rot and flaking skin. I think my left temple is a little darker with a lot of dandruff gettting out of it. Sometimes the dandruff comes with with a little hair attached. Unfortunately i cant escape that.

Right now i consider myself a NW3.5 but i can style the way i like it (open book hairstyle) and look nice in the mirror. I would be lucky and happy if i could maintain it more two decades.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
JayMan said:

I considered finasteride because of money. It would be very expensive for me to take dutasteride. I decided to take finasteride for 4/5 years and then switch to dutasteride forever.

Today i noticed some small drandruff/skin patches with one tiny hair attached. Anyone have this? I think it is due to seborraique dermatitis.

well if its only the money that is the matter then you could take dutasteride every other day and still get much better results then on finasteride,taking it every other day should sum up to 15-20 $ a month ...

IBM

Reaction score
roki said:
IBM said:
JayMan said:

well if its only the money that is the matter then you could take dutasteride every other day and still get much better results then on finasteride,taking it every other day should sum up to 15-20 $ a month ...

Good point. Now i'm using finasteride and i'll stick to it at least one year and half.

Today my hair is horribly thin, my scalp is very red and i got some acne attack.

IBM

Reaction score
Sunday will make 1 month of finasteride 1.25mg.

On my left temple which is by far the most receded there's a lot of tiny dark hair. Some are bigger than others. Lets see if they will grow more.

On my right temple there's some of this kind of hair but it's less receded.

The top of my head is bad because of seborraique dermatits. I've a lot of tiny attached dandruff or dead skin. This skin is removing some of my hair and my head is quite red.
But the hairline i've no attached dead skin and the scalp is white. And i've more hair on it than on top.

As for the side effects:
- I've little more acne than usual;
- Sometimes my boobs hurts for a few moments (some hours after taking the pill);
- Sometimes my right testicle hurts (some hours after taking the pill);

This are somehow painful. But everything is a trend.

I decided to use copper pepites or emu oil because of this redness.

For copper pepites what do you recomend:
- Tricomin;
- American Crew Revitalizer;
- Nano Shampoo?

For emu oil i'll research more;

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
Tricomin....I've used it for a month now and it has worked great. Just wait for the minoxidil to fully dry and apply it liberally to your scalp. I actually look forward to applying it...it feels good going on and really took care of any itching for me....and your head smells like a penny !! From first-hand use it does work...