I think the key to success for some of us is NOFAP

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Yes your were right that cortisol inceases. But this is irrelevant in the point I'm making. Masturbation is healthy. The release of cortisol is being seen as a good thing in this case. Masturbation reduces stress :p

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
Yes your were right that cortisol inceases. But this is irrelevant in the point I'm making. Masturbation is healthy. The release of cortisol is being seen as a good thing in this case. Masturbation reduces stress :p

Without sexual stimulation/sexual clues, there is no stress to begin with

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this is a stupid argument. Your hair is going to fall out anyway. If you don't want to masturbate then just get castrated already.

Intercourse with a vagina is very healthy. So is masturbation in moderation. I'm not saying to look at p**rn. But to play out some fantasies of having threesomes with two hot girls every now and then will be beneficial to your health. Mean while if you got the nofap route you will be leaking splooge all over the place will be awkwardly staring at girls, have little to no concentration and your dicks will get shorter and you will live a shorter life.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailytech.com/Experts+Ma...etes+Insomnia+and+Depression/article33880.htm

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think your study proves masturbation increases stress.

jizz.. you want me to start posting "herballove" links? :D Seretonine/dopamine is what makes you feel good after mast. Overdoing it can cause adrenal fatigue.

Look buddy.. I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

forest.jpg

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
Intercourse with a vagina is very healthy. So is masturbation in moderation. I'm not saying to look at p**rn. But to play out some fantasies of having threesomes with two hot girls every now and then will be beneficial to your health.

I agree with you and have been saying it from the post 1. Masturbation to p**rn is really being in a continues loop of exciting yourself and afterwards de-stressing, but for 90% of the users on this forum this is exactly the daily routine

Mean while if you got the nofap route you will be leaking splooge all over the place will be awkwardly staring at girls, have little to no concentration and your dicks will get shorter and you will live a shorter life.

I disagree based on personal experience. Here I am an agnostic in the sense that I believe its impossible to transfer this kind of experience to others, so we will leave it at that

maher

Banned
Reaction score
. Mean while if you got the nofap route you will be leaking splooge all over the place will be awkwardly staring at girls, have little to no concentration and your dicks will get shorter and you will live a shorter life.

Ooo.. man.. this is some funny **** :D TBH. it is totally opposite!

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have sex? Or masturbate? Or do you obstain from all orgasms except for wet dreams caused by your overflowing prostate?

One interesting thing is that my one and only wet dream happened during the first couple of months I took finasteride. That stuff definitely raised my libido.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have sex? Or masturbate? Or do you obstain from all orgasms except for wet dreams caused by your overflowing prostate?

One interesting thing is that my one and only wet dream happened during the first couple of months I took finasteride. That stuff definitely raised my libido.

I do **** girls..

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I'm done with this thread. I only have two unanswered questions I care about from these forums. The legitimacy of 4rx genpharma pelosta finasteride. And the results of the two Pfs studies going on.

And a non surgical cure for hair loss that doesn't alter hormones and is affordable. Is that too much to ask for?

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I'm done with this thread. I only have two unanswered questions I care about from these forums. The legitimacy of 4rx genpharma pelosta finasteride. And the results of the two Pfs studies going on.

And a non surgical cure for hair loss that doesn't alter hormones and is affordable. Is that too much to ask for?

..good luck with that :D

Stick

Reaction score
Man... This really is a subject that resurfaces once every few months, huh? I don't know, it's very unlikely, and I am certain that NOFAP alone is not a long-term solution; that would have been discovered years ago. It’s worth a try, though; considering it’s a recurring “solution†according to some.

I fap about once a day, which I thought was a lot until I read this thread. I think I’ll try it as it’s supposed to have a positive effect – mostly mentallly (no idea about the hair loss.) I’m still going to hit the bars and clubs during the weekend, but I’ll try to refrain myself from jacking it in the meantime.

I have midterms coming up anyways, so I could use the time to study ;p

hiko

Reaction score
While I don't believe any of the OP's claims (you won't get positive OR negative results that fast on any regimen; hair cycle takes many months), I do feel there is a strong connection between sexuality and DHT. Someone linked a study in this thread showing that higher DHT = more horny. I don't see why the reverse wouldn't be true as well. And since it is already well proven that no DHT = no hair loss, then all that's left to prove is if reducing sex/masturbation and sex thoughts lowers DHT, and by how much and over what time frame. Unfortunately that is a study that is physically impossible to conduct...

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
A common misconception is that high dht equals
hair loss. The reality is dht sensitive hair equals hair loss. I say fap away. Too much is bad. Too little is bad.

hiko

Reaction score
A common misconception is that high dht equals
hair loss. The reality is dht sensitive hair equals hair loss. I say fap away. Too much is bad. Too little is bad.

Err, no it isn't. If DHT levels had nothing to do with hair loss, then finasteride would have obviously no effect on male pattern baldness. All it does is LOWER DHT. It doesn't change your hair genetics.

What's being suggested here is just a different way of lowering DHT.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
To sketch the idea, very short:

Basically, libido is not static, but is a reflection of how you use it. Ie. if you ejaculate frequently, the body adapts itself to ejaculate more frequently. This is evolutionary plausible, but is more pronounced in animal kingdom, where there is stronger competition/hierarchy in the pack, than for us humans.

Regular frequency of intercourse reduces the chance of erectile disfunction
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22684564
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18538297
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-believe-hypersexuality-just-high-libido.html

From the Anti-adrogens subforum and side effect sufferers there, we know DHT has a central role in this.
However, how fast these changes happen, whether it is for higher or lower libido, I don't know, side effects from finasteride can accumulate over a couple of years, p**rn addicts develop sky high libidos also over a couple of years, but I suspect that the earlier this happens in life, the longer it will stick with you. This seems to apply equally to sexual fetishes and paraphilias.

As someone already noted, full head of hair has always been a sign of virility. Not all people grow evenly and not all men have the same sexual capacity. Taken to the extreme, however, every man risks to run into adrenal fatigue, and basically this is where the chances of losing hair start to increase a little. This is all.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Err, no it isn't. If DHT levels had nothing to do with hair loss, then finasteride would have obviously no effect on male pattern baldness. All it does is LOWER DHT. It doesn't change your hair genetics.

What's being suggested here is just a different way of lowering DHT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJXRpE7vME

Mumbo Jumbo! Mumbo Jumbo!

Yes for men that have dht sensitive hair lowering their dht will slow the rate of hair loss and make some salvagable hair stronger causing regrowth.

But you are missing the point. A man with a full head of hair can have higher dht levels than a man that is balding. The significance is whether or not your hair is sensitive to dht. Masturbation isn't going to effect your hair for **** sake.

hiko

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJXRpE7vME

Mumbo Jumbo! Mumbo Jumbo!

Yes for men that have dht sensitive hair lowering their dht will slow the rate of hair loss and make some salvagable hair stronger causing regrowth.
That IS the point. Lowering DHT = good for your hair

But you are missing the point. A man with a full head of hair can have higher dht levels than a man that is balding. The significance is whether or not your hair is sensitive to dht. Masturbation isn't going to effect your hair for **** sake.
Yes, some people are born to be NW7, others remain NW1, and then there is everyone in between. I don't know why you keep bringing up hair genetics. DHT lowering agents don't alter your genetics. Yet they work in the vast majority of men taking them.