I Recently Shaved My Head...(Norwood Advice Etc)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re diffusely thin. Using Norwood is a bit useless. If that diffuse thinning area goes away in the next year or two, you’ll be a Norwood 5. Have you done anything besides finasteride since you last checked in? If you want to keep your hair, you’ll want to use minoxidil/microneedling, RU, and switch from finasteride to dutasteride. Once your hair loss stabilizes, get a transplant as your donor hair seems pretty good
NW2 though? This is closer to NW7, no?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP & a transplant.. use up some of those glorious beard follicles

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
SMP & a transplant.. use up some of those glorious beard follicles
Speaking of beard follicles….
6102C717-9F4D-4816-B055-5FD65CC2C624.jpeg

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m still rocking the bald head….it’s not as bad as I thought. Honestly, losing your hair isn’t the end of the world.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats your height? Do you have blue eyes? Trim the beard and leanmaxx buddy. Hair wise I'm in the same spot and I'm a 5'7 ethnic dude. Its way more ovER for me than for you. I wish you the best buddy boyo!
I’m 5’8 with brown eyes. What is leanmaxx and why should I try it?

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Still keeping the head buzzed and I think it’s hiding my hair loss well. Bald isn’t the end of the world, honestly.
03C781DD-5B39-4044-AAF2-666ED8A5F944.jpeg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Still keeping the head buzzed and I think it’s hiding my hair loss well. Bald isn’t the end of the world, honestly.View attachment 171168
How is that hiding your hair loss? But I am glad you are not being held back by you situation. Trimmed beard looks better than the above photo.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is that hiding your hair loss? But I am glad you are not being held back by you situation. Trimmed beard looks better than the above photo.

I've heard this from a few baldites themselves, essentially the opposite strategy to growing out a combover like how you do for recession. The clean smooth shave masks the pattern of loss to casual observers, if it makes them feel better and they pull it off it's a good option. If you can't style it well in a full head way it literally comes down to combovers or shave/buzz, which one looks the better option there depends on many factors and highly individual. Personally in his shoes, I would have saved my hair and had a nice frontal thick band put in but for whatever reason that wasn't possible. The beard provides balance to the long face, looks passable to me.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im glad you have accepted being bald, but if i were in your shoes i would opt for a a transplant to fix your hair line or a more radical treatment option, more than just finasteride.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the trimmed beard looks more smart but the thicker beard makes him look more manly.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I let my hair grow in for a few weeks (first pic) and than I shaved it for the first time (second pic). I was buzzing it before, but this is my first shave. Thoughts?
AE36AD47-23CF-4F76-A5D9-58A4410AB5AB.jpeg

Last edited: