I Recently Shaved My Head...(Norwood Advice Etc)

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice so far. So should I buzz it again and keep it like that?

Last edited:

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do what you feel comfortable with. If you like your hair a little longer and you don't have side from finasteride, continue! I have a similar pattern to yours and i don't know if finasteride helps maintaining oder not. I don't have sides yet, hence im keep taking finasteride.
I you feel comfortable with a shaved head and loosing hair, keep it that way and don't take any pills. I highly doubt it, otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum. Imo though the buzzcut suits you.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
More pics of when I was growing out my buzzcut. It was a rough time and I pretty much lived with a hat on awhile waiting for it to grow back.

Attachments

• 10AC27F2-F22F-4C50-915C-8FDD11AB39CF.jpeg
    10AC27F2-F22F-4C50-915C-8FDD11AB39CF.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 370

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
More pics of when I was growing out my buzzcut. It was a rough time and I pretty much lived with a hat on awhile waiting for it to grow back.
What’s your regimen? Have you thought about upping it? Like microneedling/topical dutasteride?

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
What’s your regimen? Have you thought about upping it? Like microneedling/topical dutasteride?
Currently only on finasteride. I was hoping that would be enough and I thought it was until I buzzed my hair and saw that I was losing more hair than I actually realized .

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone!
Just thought I’d share what my hair currently looks like. I buzzed it off again recently and this the result of it growing back. Would this still be considered a NW2?
4AF6B35F-19C1-48E5-BD16-8323F7F00E5F.jpeg
C3E7C486-F3F3-423A-9B63-72985B4CC169.jpeg
4D065124-21CB-4716-97C9-84EEDA5E0DF3.jpeg
F62A9175-436D-4744-821B-202C28E4CFCA.jpeg
004912B1-B64B-4D71-9E3D-07BF8A27CD4E.jpeg

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re diffusely thin. Using Norwood is a bit useless. If that diffuse thinning area goes away in the next year or two, you’ll be a Norwood 5. Have you done anything besides finasteride since you last checked in? If you want to keep your hair, you’ll want to use minoxidil/microneedling, RU, and switch from finasteride to dutasteride. Once your hair loss stabilizes, get a transplant as your donor hair seems pretty good

jazz1

Reaction score
The BIG3 will help you along with a derma roller.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, everyone!
Just thought I’d share what my hair currently looks like. I buzzed it off again recently and this the result of it growing back. Would this still be considered a NW2?
View attachment 163532View attachment 163531View attachment 163533View attachment 163534View attachment 163535
How long were you on finasteride? Normally there is shedding at the beginning. Usually I see good recovery on finasteride from diffuse thinners.

That being said, you currently look like nw5. The good news is your final pattern looks like at worst nw6. A hair transplant with a quality surgeon can give you some good results in the hairline and midscalp. Will you have weak coverage at the crown? Probably but the crown isn't as important as most people don't look at your crown.

I actually envy you, my final pattern is nw7 so I have to pray finasteride works and start very early or I'm screwed.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the three users above. You might want to try Minoxidil and Microneedling, it might give you back some density and contribute to maintaining what you have. If you keep diffuse thinning, you'll end up a NW5 or 6. I think you look better with longer hair than buzzed.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
If it is aggressive…is there any hope to restoring it to a full head of hair?

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve lost the battle. I buzzed my head yesterday and I think I’ll stick with it. I guess I’m a bald guy now. Thanks everyone for the advice and support over the years, it has truly meant a lot.

Attachments

• 8095EBB9-A0DB-42A4-B6F7-27E96AD86072.jpeg
    8095EBB9-A0DB-42A4-B6F7-27E96AD86072.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 239