I Prevail. The End Of A Long Agonizing Road.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Andy boy. I'm concerned about your well being, 10mg and above of oral minoxidill is for hypertension, it's not a hairloss dosage, for hairloss 1mg to 2.5mg and maximum of 5mg is used for hairloss prescribed by derms, I had taken 10mg before had bad water retention in face and skipping heart beats, minoxidil is a silent and slow killer very bad for heart it causes fluid buildup around your heart it got many nasty negative side effects that you don't even notice as it damages you slowly, not to mention it blocks collagen production in your body so you taking 12mg is absurd. I know a guy on this forum that took only 6mg and he regrew his hairline after 12 months. What made you choose this high 12.5mg dosage? Did you give a lower dosage of like 5mg at least a year to see effect or you are just a very desperate boy?
The reasons I chose my dosage were because of seeing others on 10mg make big recoveries and knowing how stubborn my hairloss is. I was originally on 10mg tablets taken in halves (5mg) for a few months, then bumped up to the whole pill daily. Eventually I was not able to source them anymore and switched to drinking topical solution. Heres a pic of how I measure. On the dropper theres 4 line measurements in 1/4 increments. 1ml =50mg and 0.25ml =12.5mg
It was much easier to measure a consistent 12.5mg using the line rather than to guess, thats why im on 12.5mg

EDIT: Incase anyone was wondering that dropper is 3 years old and the "dirt" is from concealer haha. The other droppers i get from new bottles are different and dont have 1/4 measurement lines :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-175425_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-175425_Video Player.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 283

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reasons I chose my dosage were because of seeing others on 10mg make big recoveries and knowing how stubborn my hairloss is. I was originally on 10mg tablets taken in halves (5mg) for a few months, then bumped up to the whole pill daily. Eventually I was not able to source them anymore and switched to drinking topical solution. Heres a pic of how I measure. On the dropper theres 4 line measurements in 1/4 increments. 1ml =50mg and 0.25ml =12.5mg
It was much easier to measure a consistent 12.5mg using the line rather than to guess, thats why im on 12.5mg
1 drop is slightly more than 1mg. So not hard to understand. I got 45 drops from 1ml not 50 . A guy using 7mg said it was 6 drops. But in reality it's slightly more than 6mg. I guess it depends on the pipette too.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 drop is slightly more than 1mg. So not hard to understand. I got 45 drops from 1ml not 50 . A guy using 7mg said it was 6 drops. But in reality it's slightly more than 6mg
Youre never going to get exactly 1ml every time you fill up a dropper. Either way I do appriciate your concern, but until I begin to experience more serious side effects or for other reason im sticking with my regimen. Its what works for me and everyone is different. Also ive been taking this stuff for almost 3 years and my body has adapted to tolerate it better.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy, you still with the same girl you were when you first posted? Do you prefer your hair with the buzz cut you have now?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy, you still with the same girl you were when you first posted? Do you prefer your hair with the buzz cut you have now?
No i am not. We split up almost 2 years ago. I do not prefer my hair buzzed, the reason i cut it was to see how my hairline really looked and i was pleasantly surprised!
Trying to get back in the dating game has been hard for me, im a pretty good looking guy but i lack confidence and the 'know-how' of talking to women. Before Covid girls would approach me first, which made things easier but these days spending most of my time at home things arent the same lol. Honestly not even looking for a relationship right now, focusing on improving myself is whats most important right now :)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Youre never going to get exactly 1ml every time you fill up a dropper. Either way I do appriciate your concern, but until I begin to experience more serious side effects or for other reason im sticking with my regimen. Its what works for me and everyone is different. Also ive been taking this stuff for almost 3 years and my body has adapted to tolerate it better.
Wow its slightly more than 12mg. I took 10 drops in total before. Your dose is only 6 drops . 6 drops is apparently slightly more than 12mg, 0.25ml was exactly 6 drops. I took like 20mg total Jesus no wonder I got fucked.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo I dont think 0.5mg give or take makes much of a difference. Why the hell did you take 20mg?? Even i would feel that one haha. What dosage are you regularly taking?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo I dont think 0.5mg give or take makes much of a difference. Why the hell did you take 20mg?? Even i would feel that one haha. What dosage are you regularly taking

Imo I dont think 0.5mg give or take makes much of a difference. Why the hell did you take 20mg?? Even i would feel that one haha. What dosage are you regularly taking?
Because I didn't do my research good enough before so I thought I was taking mayhe 10mg or so..... I was on like 4 and 5 drops the first month and 10 drops the second month. So thank god I didn't take it longer. I was on oral for 2.5 months in total. Saw hair on my face and hands definately got hairier. Now I'm stickig to tops 3 drops which is like 6mg.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I didn't do my research good enough before so I thought I was taking mayhe 10mg or so..... I was on like 4 and 5 drops the first month and 10 drops the second month. So thank god I didn't take it longer. I was on oral for 2.5 months in total. Saw hair on my face and hands definately got hairier. Now I'm stickig to tops 3 drops which is like 6mg.
Hows your hair looking/feeling right now?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definately maintaining on my regiment. I had a shedding phase for 3 weeks on oral minoxidill lost up to 100 hairs in shower. When I had quit oral minoxidil after 2.5 months my shedding was like 15 to 10 hairs in shower. Nowadays even without oral minoxidill for 3 weeks I'm losing mostly 3 hairs every shower. Never above 10 hairs. Tops 8. But normally it's 3 or 4 and sometimes zero. I want to be on oral minoxidill for a year to see full effect I would love some regrowth and more thickening. But u can't tell I'm balding atm. I got Justin Bieber type of hair style lol.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definately maintaining on my regiment. I had a shedding phase for 3 weeks on oral minoxidill lost up to 100 hairs in shower. When I had quit oral minoxidil after 2.5 months my shedding was like 15 to 10 hairs in shower. Nowadays even without oral minoxidill for 3 weeks I'm losing mostly 3 hairs every shower. Never above 10 hairs. Tops 8. But normally it's 3 or 4 and sometimes zero. I want to be on oral minoxidill for a year to see full effect I would love some regrowth and more thickening. But u can't tell I'm balding atm. I got Justin Bieber type of hair style lol.
Glad to hear! I wouldnt put much stock in using shedding to gauge your hair loss. Exception being initial minoxidil shed. Nobody sheds the same amount, and many who first notice their male pattern baldness never took record of their shedding beforehand. Definitley best way to gauge is with photos, and if you feel your hair has maintained then it certainly has. We are our own worst critics after all.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Glad to hear! I wouldnt put much stock in using shedding to gauge your hair loss. Exception being initial minoxidil shed. Nobody sheds the same amount, and many who first notice their male pattern baldness never took record of their shedding beforehand. Definitley best way to gauge is with photos, and if you feel your hair has maintained then it certainly has. We are our own worst critics after all.
Well I can tell u this much. I haven't lost this little hairs in years. I lost up to 50 hairs in shower before I was on oral dutasteride and topical, so shedding going down to 3 hairs is a positive sign for sure. Not only that but the little itchy hairline and front i had and slight burning sensation on my crown area vanished while being on this regiment.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop being a pussy there're no such thing as finasteride or duta making hair worse. It's a myth. U just need to give it time a year or longer.
LMFAOOOO WTF THIS HAS GOT TO BE THEE DUMBEST COMMENT.

You have seriously no idea what you're talking about. Finasteride and Dutasteride can definitely make hair a LOT worse.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
LMFAOOOO WTF THIS HAS GOT TO BE THEE DUMBEST COMMENT.

You have seriously no idea what you're talking about. Finasteride and Dutasteride can definitely make hair a LOT worse.
Stop being butthurt. It makes hairloss worse in the beginning it's called a shedding phase, then shedding stops. It took a year for my hairloss to go down to 3 hairs in shower. You just mad cause you quit it too early dumbass, now stop replying to me.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop being butthurt. It makes hairloss worse in the beginning it's called a shedding phase, then shedding stops. It took a year for my hairloss to go down to 3 hairs in shower. You just mad cause you quit it too early dumbass, now stop replying to me.

I'm not butthurt I'm stating FACTS. Even in Finasteride studies they show people have worsened hairloss. Also, I took Finasteride for a full 2 years. It's bullshit.
Even the CEO of Merck and the former CEO (who made Propecia) are bald.

Looks like Propecia didn't work for them either.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not butthurt I'm stating FACTS. Even in Finasteride studies they show people have worsened hairloss. Also, I took Finasteride for a full 2 years. It's bullshit.
Even the CEO of Merck and the former CEO (who made Propecia) are bald.

Looks like Propecia didn't work for them either.
They highly likely didn't use it. Not all men use drugs to stop hairloss dude wtf lol. Many don't care or bother with treatments it's just insecure people that use it. And finasteride studies after 10 years men were still above baseline so It does infact work but isn't strong enough to stop balding by itself for many, you need to add other stuff with it like oral minoxidil and such. If finasteride failed you try dutasteride it's much stronger . What you got to lose?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They highly likely didn't use it. Not all men use drugs to stop hairloss dude wtf lol. Many don't care or bother with treatments it's just insecure people that use it. And finasteride studies after 10 years men were still above baseline so It does infact work but isn't strong enough to stop balding by itself for many, you need to add other stuff with it like oral minoxidil and such. If finasteride failed you try dutasteride it's much stronger . What you got to lose?

"Highly likely didn't use it" - hmmm sounds unlikely they didn't use it. The CEO of a company that literally has a treatment for something they are suffering from, it sounds more like they either knew the side effects of Finasteride are not worth it, or that it simply didn't work for them, or both.

Also, I've used Finasteride and it made my hair WAY worse than what it was, also had lots of side effects. Tried it for a full 2 years, complete waste of time and falsely overhyped. My hair had gotten much better after stopping Finasteride after 1 year later, but I would never touch something like Dutasteride which can inhibit even more DHT and cause more intense side effects.

Also, if Finasteride and Dutasteride were even remotely as effective as they claim, they'd be a majority of the male population with good heads of hair without further recession, which is definitely not the case, obviously.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Highly likely didn't use it" - hmmm sounds unlikely they didn't use it. The CEO of a company that literally has a treatment for something they are suffering from, it sounds more like they either knew the side effects of Finasteride are not worth it, or that it simply didn't work for them, or both.

Also, I've used Finasteride and it made my hair WAY worse than what it was, also had lots of side effects. Tried it for a full 2 years, complete waste of time and falsely overhyped. My hair had gotten much better after stopping Finasteride after 1 year later, but I would never touch something like Dutasteride which can inhibit even more DHT and cause more intense side effects.

Also, if Finasteride and Dutasteride were even remotely as effective as they claim, they'd be a majority of the male population with good heads of hair without further recession, which is definitely not the case, obviously.

Finasteride was only released in the 90's, alot of older guys started losing before they could do anything about it. I don't know if that is the story with merck ceo but its possible.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Well dutasteride isn't fda approved for hairloss, only a few prescribe it off label for hairloss in the US and maybe in some Asian country, but in Europe that's not the case. So most people are on finasteride that don't block enough dht in the first place, thus cannot stop baldness good enough especially as a stand alone treatment. I have no bad side effects from dutasteride after a year. Only thing I have is my sperm don't shoot out as much as before it dribbles out more than it shoots out, so the ejaculation force has been reduced but this is what to expect with dutasteride as it shrinks your prostate by a sh*t load. I don't mind this side effect its not severe enough for me to quit the drug and go bald. Finasteride gave me a more severe side effect it wasn't for me.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well dutasteride isn't fda approved for hairloss, only a few prescribe it off label for hairloss in the US and maybe in some Asian country, but in Europe that's not the case. So most people are on finasteride that don't block enough dht in the first place, thus cannot stop baldness good enough especially as a stand alone treatment. I have no bad side effects from dutasteride after a year. Only thing I have is my sperm don't shoot out as much as before it dribbles out more than it shoots out, so the ejaculation force has been reduced but this is what to expect with dutasteride as it shrinks your prostate by a sh*t load. I don't mind this side effect its not severe enough for me to quit the drug and go bald. Finasteride gave me a more severe side effect it wasn't for me.

Atleast we agree that Finasteride isn't as effective as they claim it to be.

As for Dutasteride, it's still possible to obtain Dutasteride as many people even celebrities have acquired it even in the US. Also the Grey Market has been in existence for ages and online pharmacies used to make it very easy to obtain often without a prescription.