I just can't take this much longer...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been depressed over my genetic flaws for my whole life I guess, but it was really when I realized that I was balding at little over 20 that I really sunk into depths of contemplating suicide. Since then almost every day of my life has been like torchery, I can't enjoy much of anything, there's just no joy in my life whatsoever. All the time I'm just thinking why, why the **** does it have to be me who has all the ridiculous flaws that I have? If there was a god surely he wouldn't curse any one person with genetic bull**** like this!? I just don't see a way out for me, it's been 6 years like this already and it's only getting worse along with the hair deterioration. I can't see myself being able to live as a full blown NW5/6, not that I'm very far from it now but at least I got some weak-*** hair growing on top. I know that suicide talk is a tabu of some sorts here, but I can tell you I haven't been far from it and I'm afraid that eventually it will come to that. Not that I'm proud of it or anything, but that's just the sad fact for me. I know I'll never be happy with all this stuff I was born with and living like this is so painful that I probably can't sustain it forever.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
u ever think about fantasizing or drinking?

those two get me through life . . . . .

fantasize about being tall with good hair, the more you fantasize the better you get at it, i've been having dreams about having those two, and being a superhero as well

sure its depressing as fuk when you wake up but when you are having the dream its literally heaven

slipy

Reaction score
you post certainly made me think of my own personal situation

to be honest, yeah you have all the rights to complain and feel bad.

it could be worse though....
worse, if you were like me

not only do i have various aesthetic malformations (like you do), i also have a very poor health/diseases. i find it funny how many people abuse drugs/alcohol and whatnot but still maintain a decent health regardless, i never did any of those things untill my physical condition deteiriorated.

on the other hand though, i'd rather have decent hair and health problems not the other way around. i just feel theres no point to battle those other things anymore. what for? im rotten inside and now my physical appearence will match that.

i don't really consider suicide at the moment, but i do realize i'd be better off nonexistant. no more disease, no more hair loss, no more pain, no more loosing my mind as a result.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Zeroman you sound like a complete dumbass with your seggestions of fantatizing and drinking, yhea a real solution to be a complete drunk lunatic living in dreams and denial, the perfect 1 way road to a nuthouse.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh well. At least you have friends. Being a social reculse is the worst thing on earth

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Oh well. At least you have friends. Being a social reculse is the worst thing on earth
not for me lol

i have a lot more friends ironically with hair loss than i did when i was teenager

id much MUCH rather go back to being nearly totally alone with good hair

the most important relationship one has is the one with themselves

and BBS, with what i'm doing its not like i am living in fantasy all day. i usually just do it at night before i sleep

and its easy to be moderate with the drinking too

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
id much MUCH rather go back to being nearly totally alone with good hair

the most important relationship one has is the one with themselves
I feel exactly the same way. I'm trying to regrow my hair mostly because I grew tired of avoiding mirrors and cameras soley because of my hairloss...I hate what has happened to my hair and subsequently, my self esteem.

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
sounds like you need to seek help from a psychiatrist not an internet forum. You seem to have a very bleak outlook on life; not just your hair situation, life in general. Seeing an actual doctor would do you much better than taking advice from people on an internet forum.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds like you need to seek help from a psychiatrist not an internet forum. You seem to have a very bleak outlook on life; not just your hair situation, life in general. Seeing an actual doctor would do you much better than taking advice from people on an internet forum.

Yeah I've seen a shrink, no help. The shrink isn't helpful 'cause he can't really fix any of the problems I have. That's a big problem. Anyone who says I have a bleak outlook on life should try living my life for like a month and you'd be depressed too. Not being only physically deformed but also not being able to speak properly is a massive obstacle when trying to bond relationships...

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
i'm unsure of all your problems..but regardless you have it better than a lot of people on this planet. try looking at the positive side of things instead of just the negative. For example...you can read and write. You have access to the internet (which a lot of people on the planet do not). You are not starving. You have access to food, water, and doctors. Hell you even have enough money to blow on products to try and save your hair (which is not necessary to live). You say you dont speak properly; but there are people out there who cant see, hear, walk, or go the the restroom on their on. not to mention the people that don't have arms and hands to even type

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a shrink, no help. The shrink isn't helpful 'cause he can't really fix any of the problems I have. That's a big problem. Anyone who says I have a bleak outlook on life should try living my life for like a month and you'd be depressed too. Not being only physically deformed but also not being able to speak properly is a massive obstacle when trying to bond relationships...

It sucks bro, i am in a similar situation, well atleast you have good shaped head for going bald. You are right a shrink will not be able to fix your problems, as he is not able to relate to you, someone from HairLossTalk.com can. Expressing yourself is truly not the main obstacle when trying to bond relationships because i know someone who is quite an introvert and yet he is able to have succesful relationships. Its just that hairloss is our downfall that is all.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Life is rough man, and it sure is unfair and unkind for most of the people on this planet. I agree with what Bob is saying, although it sometimes seem cliche to say so, but you must try to look at the things that you do have in your life. I know this is easier said than done but take a look at this: http://d.yimg.com/gg/u/aa0518b21b29e6fd15b442ba33f084b9e465cf83.jpeg

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Life is rough man, and it sure is unfair and unkind for most of the people on this planet. I agree with what Bob is saying, although it sometimes seem cliche to say so, but you must try to look at the things that you do have in your life. I know this is easier said than done but take a look at this: http://d.yimg.com/gg/u/aa0518b21b29e6fd15b442ba33f084b9e465cf83.jpeg

I gotta remember that when I'm in an embarrassing situation because of my speech impediment the next time... it will definitely make me feel better to realize that there are actually ppl that are starving in this world. Thanks guys!

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score

A Psychiatrist isn't there to fix your problems for you. They are there to change how you look at things, change your thought process. If you can't solve your problems ( most of us can't!) then you have to look at how you approach things, and try to change them. It isn't easy, but then the "easy" thing is to not change in any way. I'm sorry you're so miserable, I can only empathise. I've been suicidal, I spent years hating myself. I haven't suddenly grown 4 plus inches, or won the lottery, or cleared the financial debts I have. I have changed how I think about them, and stopped punishing myself for them.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I gotta remember that when I'm in an embarrassing situation because of my speech impediment the next time... it will definitely make me feel better to realize that there are actually ppl that are starving in this world. Thanks guys!

I don't really appreciate sarcasm...What exactly are you looking for? A miracle? I don't think so. Last time I even bother trying to make someone feel better on this forum.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really appreciate sarcasm...What exactly are you looking for? A miracle? I don't think so. Last time I even bother trying to make someone feel better on this forum.

Sorry about the sarcasm, but did you really think that was the first time I hear the "there are ppl who are so far worse off than you, consider yourself lucky" etc. It just does not help.