I Had A Transplant 27 Hours Ago: Is My Hairline Too Straight?

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started the 4th month, so the 1st hairs are just starting to come out. The donor area is well healed. I'm not taking finasteride (too risky) but I do apply minoxidil twice a day. I'm 39 yrs old

IMG_4736.JPG IMG_4740.jpgIMG_4780.jpg IMG_4726.JPG IMG_4728.JPG IMG_4731.JPG IMG_4769.JPGIMG_1556.JPG

Last edited:

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Coming along nicely @Jonathan Shockley , are you part Hispanic?

EDIT: Yes you are watched the video. Your head was already shaved so the before & after's will be hard to compare. You will look like Brendan Fraser with long hair

Last edited:

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, yup, parents from Spain & the US. Someone suggested a 2nd transplant to cover the thinning crown, but I think I may be left with too much of a moth-eaten donor area which would make it an aesthetic must to have longer hair (longer than a buzz cut). And I already had a few scars in the donor area before the transplant, which don't help. I guess the perfect is the enemy of the good enough. The front is, after all, the most important part.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem incredibly familiar, where abouts do you live? Did you go to school anywhere in the US state of Florida?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Jonathan, how's the scarring at the donor area at the moment?
How long before it heals completely?

Must say the work looks good. But at the same time, with such a thin crown, growing your hair out may not work. Do you plan on keeping this buzzed look? It looks amazing on you BTW. I won't be surprised if women throw themselves at you... you good looking bastard :)

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Jonathan, how's the scarring at the donor area at the moment?
How long before it heals completely?

Must say the work looks good. But at the same time, with such a thin crown, growing your hair out may not work. Do you plan on keeping this buzzed look? It looks amazing on you BTW. I won't be surprised if women throw themselves at you... you good looking bastard :)

Haha thanks, yea, I think I will keep the buzz look, or maybe even shaved off. The donor area seems completely healed. A year from now i will see the final results of the transplant, so I will be able to judge if longer hair is a possibility. With a thinning crown, the only possibility I can think of is a pony tail or man bun lol. Unless I do another transplant to fix my crown, which could give me a bad look with short hair. I wore pretty long hair for a while. The black and white is a picture of me in 2011. The other from a few days ago.
photo-3.jpg IMG_5644 (2).jpg

Last edited:

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you ever shave your head to the skin, do post the pictures. We'd all like to see for sure.

Dude, please keep us posted. Your thread is the reason why I'm even considering an hair transplant. I don't think I'm a good enough candidate. If I can have minimal work done like this, I'd want to know.

BTW, noob question: Is it really possible to have transplanted hair shaved or buzzed without a guard. Is it really so dense? I'm worried that a "line" ight show, dividing the transplanted hair and the real, thinner hair.

Last edited:

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you ever shave your head to the skin, do post the pictures. We'd all like to see for sure.

Dude, please keep us posted. Your thread is the reason why I'm even considering an hair transplant. I don't think I'm a good enough candidate. If I can have minimal work done like this, I'd want to know.

BTW, noob question: Is it really possible to have transplanted hair shaved or buzzed without a guard. Is it really so dense? I'm worried that a "line" ight show, dividing the transplanted hair and the real, thinner hair.

You can't shave your hair until the grafts are solidly in place. After that, your transplanted hair will fall and you won't see the added density for months. I'm just beginning to see some growth, so I can't really answer your question, but I do know that men naturally lose their hair in many different ways, so that it would be hard to the untrained eye to know who has had a hair transplant or what is unnatural or not.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look great for your age and now with this new hairline you will look like your late 20's early 30's. You look great with a buzz cut too.

How short do you think it can be buzzed without making it obvious though? Shorter hair would make the transplant obvious, won't it?

Sorry but Ronney's hair transplant in not a failure in fact it is a success he just needs to use concealer. This is just the reality of hair transplant math. When you take 5000 grafts and place them where 20,000 grafts once were then you get about 25% coverage sometimes even less. Rooney's hair transplant looks very natural which is a big plus.

The hair transplant marketers (B-girls) love to wheel out the celebrity to help lead the young ones. They should post this picture and talk it up............but they don't...................why? Because they know celebrity works because they are in essence tribal leaders and the herd looks to the top more so then those around them to help with decision making.

That cannot be a success....
What density is achievable with a transplant? Can a guy really rock a 0 guard buzzcut?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Just grow it out and see how you like it.