I Had A Transplant 27 Hours Ago: Is My Hairline Too Straight?

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_1493.JPG IMG_1495.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1559.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1567.JPG IMG_1539.JPG IMG_1538.JPG IMG_1558.JPG So I had 2574 grafts transplanted a bit over 24h ago. Things seem to be going well, though my forehead is still a bit swollen. But I'm now thinking that my hair line may look a bit too straight/unnatural. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
View attachment 55774 OK, so i added a bit to the center. Does this look better to you?
Your forehead is still swollen. Wait a few days for the swelling to go down and you see where you are at. Looks good to me. Another poster mentioned his hairline looked better after the swelling went down. Looks like a nice clean job. Your hair caliber looks thick. I am thinking you are going to have a nice new hairline. Can you tell us your age, Norwood level, who did the transplant, and cost?

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your forehead is still swollen. Wait a few days for the swelling to go down and you see where you are at. Looks good to me. Another poster mentioned his hairline looked better after the swelling went down. Looks like a nice clean job. Your hair caliber looks thick. I am thinking you are going to have a nice new hairline. Can you tell us your age, Norwood level, who did the transplant, and cost?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the answers. I'm 38yrs and 9months old. I was told that my Norwoods level, based on this post earlier this year https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...i-did-something-about-it.103815/#post-1477887 is Norwoods 3 rapidly diffusing into Norwoods 6. I agreed to be filmed during the procedure and give interviews. So as for doctor and cost, FUE option etc I will be revealing all those details and more in just a few days. I think that that little strip that I drew on the right pics does add some naturalness to the hairline, so I've already asked if it can be added. I asked a friend and he agrees it looks more natural.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the answers. I'm 38yrs and 9months old. I was told that my Norwoods level, based on this post earlier this year https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...i-did-something-about-it.103815/#post-1477887 is Norwoods 3 rapidly diffusing into Norwoods 6. I agreed to be filmed during the procedure and give interviews. So as for doctor and cost, FUE option etc I will be revealing all those details and more in just a few days. I think that that little strip that I drew on the right pics does add some naturalness to the hairline, so I've already asked if it can be added. I asked a friend and he agrees it looks more natural.
You look great for your age and now with this new hairline you will look like your late 20's early 30's. You look great with a buzz cut too.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's not too straight in my opinion. But that NW0 straight across hairline is popular now anyways, just look at Drake.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will be fine once it grows out, it does look slightly crooked. That clinic took some grafts pretty high in the donor area, at least it looks like it from the photo.

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
straightVScurved.001.jpg But would you guys agree that the one on the right looks a bit more natural? What difference do you see between the left and the right?

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look unatural looking, unless you plan on keeping it as short as it is now.

If you grow it out it will look alright.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't even know where my HAIRLINE is, it's a triangle (or I don't have one, not sure...).

Straight hairline isn't bad, really. Some older guys have them as well.

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
peak_noPeak.001.jpg IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1621.JPG Thanks for the feedback everyone. I haven't spoken to the doctor yet, but I spoke to one of the main nurses and she told me that I'm healing very well and it could be risky/cause some trauma to do another transplant to the front so soon, however small, because it's still swollen and things are still healing. Here's more pictures, including one w with the peak and without it w a bit less swelling. Almost 3 days since the transplant.

Last edited: