I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies, English is not my frist language and I phrased that poorly

I apply the topical solution with Dermapen on Mondays
The other 2 days (Wed and Fri) I apply it without Dermapen and let it sit on my scalp over night.

I will have to look up that study but there are several.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang Do you know how much pure copper and zinc you are using on each day? Like how much mg?
For example: if you put 100mg zinc in 10ml solution, and you use 3ml on each day. You put 30mg zinc on your head each session

@MyThinningConfidence Is your skin kinda "rusty" and leathery after the acid burns? My skin got really hard and sucked dry in the last 2 days. Im not sure if my skin is even able to repair that

Last edited:

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My man! This post gives me hope because I tried using minoxidil alone and THAT alone gave me unwanted side effects, skin aging, slight libido decrease. I’m not touching finasteride with a 10 ft pole after that, so this is awesome. I’m planning on using:

Dermapen 2mm weekly

Dermapen 0.5 or a scalp massage using some brush thing, daily

Collagen supplements 4400mg daily

And I’m thinking about making some peppermint oil serum or some sh*t, idk.

The good news is, if your hair goes easily, it can come back easily as well. I am 16 and NW2 (used to be NW0) and also had bad acne, I think it has to do with Collagen levels. So it’s also good to exercise often and I would add fasting as well which is good for anti inflammation, which has also been shown to cause hairloss.
Minoxidil doesn't effect libido so that is completely placebo, finasteride is a different drug so you can't use your minoxidil experience to compare it to finasteride although finasteride does have an effect on your libido etc. Your bad acne is also a result of androgens not collagen, I had very oily hair and acne accompanied by balding, I was actually balding at 16 too, things were rough, didn't take action till 21. Finasteride actually reduced the oilyness of my skin and helped stop my acne by a good amount.

Fasting in extreme cases can also cause hairloss but it has other benefits so it should be safe doing, just don't expect any hair benefits.

Excess collagen is actually in part a reason why we go bald under one theory where chronic scalp tension causes inflammation that never ends so the later result is all that collagen becomes fibroptic tissue and you end up with a hardened, bald shiny scalp. That said I've seen a couple of people in the past that had good results with collagen supplements/peptides in their regime, I'm fairly sure the process in which it is used is different.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang Do you know how much pure copper and zinc you are using on each day? Like how much mg?
For example: if you put 100mg zinc in 10ml solution, and you use 3ml on each day. You put 30mg zinc on your head each session

@MyThinningConfidence Is your skin kinda "rusty" and leathery after the acid burns? My skin got really hard and sucked dry in the last 2 days. Im not sure if my skin is even able to repair that
Yes it is but it always heals up fine for me, I usually end up moisturizes in too just to help it out in repair. This is what I use anyways -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MELAO-Enhanced-Hyaluronic-Organics-Anti-Wrinkle/dp/B07CRCJ6M9

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the most fuzzy like hair I've had around my temples. Could be regrowth or maybe the acid made me shed around my temples I don't know. Still going to leave it longer to say anything definitive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130-222903_Gallery (2).jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-222903_Gallery (2).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 559
  • Screenshot_20191130-230102_Gallery (2).jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-230102_Gallery (2).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 558
  • Screenshot_20191130-230149_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-230149_Gallery.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 553
  • Screenshot_20191130-230242_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-230242_Gallery.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 552
  • Screenshot_20191201-161004_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191201-161004_Gallery.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 576

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ almost everything you said is wrong I’m sorry.

first of all Minoxidil is an anti androgen and it is no placebo, I went from being always horny to going 5 days without any sexual thoughts. Doctor confirmed my DHT levels were almost nonexistent and I’m getting DHT gel to rub on my shoulders and forehead and sh*t

secondly I have no acne. Again you are falling for low collagen look, those are acne scars that look terrible due to no collagen to heal my skin. I literally have no pimples, whiteheads, or anything.

collagen does not cause hairloss, that inflammation is largely caused by oxidative stress and shitty diets. It is far more likely that the beyond-shitty American diet and lifestyle is what’s causing the inflammation. The average American has 250% more inflammation than is healthy. Oh yeah and men also masturbate like 3x a day now, which causes a spike in DHT (another thing that people hate to admit).

just accept the fact that minoxidil has side effects Jesus f*****g Christ people. You really think you’re going to be able to grow hair for free? Regrowing hair is ALWAYS going to come at the cost of something else, PERIOD.
I agree with you on the inflammation and diet link but no way is minoxidil a AA, even if it was a slightly weak one, I would say Nizoral shampoo is stronger, I would say eating an Avocado is a stronger AA than minoxidil. Collagen supp increase testosterone/DHT for me, rock hard erections and bigger muscles give it away! If only I didn’t have 5AR in my scalp follicles.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the most fuzzy like hair I've had around my temples. Could be regrowth or maybe the acid made me shed around my temples I don't know. Still going to leave it longer to say anything definitive.

So i looked through your photos and i think you have great regrowth but its hard cause u never seem to take the exact angle photo in the exact same lighting.

can you u possibly take two shots that are practically almost identical so we can see for comparison! Eitherway great job! I just started massaging. You said in one of your posts that it isnt sustainable i actually think otherwise.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of anecdotes that minoxidil caused the same side effects as fina though. (Still no where near the amount of fina of course)

Check this out:

Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30064598

Minoxidil may suppress androgen receptor-related functions

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4039155/
Anecdotes aren't reliable at all and if you look into a lot of studies sexual side effects are surprisingly high in the placebo groups. The studies you sent are in vitro also. It wouldn't be surprising for minoxidil to have some very slight anti-androgenic effect but honestly it'd be negligible, I'd be more worried about ketoconazole in that case but realistically the simple topical application of minoxidil isn't going to make your dick stop working. Even if it got into your bloodstream due to microneedling and went systematic it seems unrealistic. Besides with minoxidil originally being a drug for high-blood pressure a very slight if any anti-androgenic effect is the least of your worries.
Jesus Christ almost everything you said is wrong I’m sorry.

first of all Minoxidil is an anti androgen and it is no placebo, I went from being always horny to going 5 days without any sexual thoughts. Doctor confirmed my DHT levels were almost nonexistent and I’m getting DHT gel to rub on my shoulders and forehead and sh*t

secondly I have no acne. Again you are falling for low collagen look, those are acne scars that look terrible due to no collagen to heal my skin. I literally have no pimples, whiteheads, or anything.

collagen does not cause hairloss, that inflammation is largely caused by oxidative stress and shitty diets. It is far more likely that the beyond-shitty American diet and lifestyle is what’s causing the inflammation. The average American has 250% more inflammation than is healthy. Oh yeah and men also masturbate like 3x a day now, which causes a spike in DHT (another thing that people hate to admit).

just accept the fact that minoxidil has side effects Jesus f*****g Christ people. You really think you’re going to be able to grow hair for free? Regrowing hair is ALWAYS going to come at the cost of something else, PERIOD.
For the most part you are being irrational and baseless secondly I'm not defending minoxidil as I'm not even using it myself, you need to be realistic with the actual side effects. Obviously all hairloss treatments come with a trade off and I've never once denied that. You just need to be realistic and know what to expect instead of projecting beliefs. You're welcome to continue believing what you what, I just don't care for it without definitive results or proof.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i looked through your photos and i think you have great regrowth but its hard cause u never seem to take the exact angle photo in the exact same lighting.

can you u possibly take two shots that are practically almost identical so we can see for comparison! Eitherway great job! I just started massaging. You said in one of your posts that it isnt sustainable i actually think otherwise.
Yeah it's a mess trying to compare shots in the exact same lighting and angle while still trying to get the image in focus. I lost a lot of will to actually compare shots and to get them in the exact same conditions it used to take hundreds of pictures and some hours just to make a single post where you can clearly see. I've been incredibly lazy lately and I just sort of post as I go, I'm having a little look now actually and it's already been 45 minutes aha.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
November 25th versus early 2018, with hair parted in middle holy f*** I can barely tell it's the same person. You can notice there is still a lack of density at my front with it parted but it's drastically thicker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-061503_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191203-061503_Gallery.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 797
  • front on.PNG
    front on.PNG
    466.8 KB · Views: 786

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
November 25th versus early 2018, with hair parted in middle holy f*** I can barely tell it's the same person. You can notice there is still a lack of density at my front with it parted but it's drastically thicker.

By the way did you find when u start massaging that your shedding stopped?

Ive been on finasteride for like 11 months and after i started aggressively pinching my scalp skin and massaging my hair fall dropped off dramatically. I can legit now pinch my crown super well like its 1.5 inches thick lol

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ive been on finasteride for like 11 months and after i started aggressively pinching my scalp skin and massaging my hair fall dropped off dramatically. I can legit now pinch my crown super well like its 1.5 inches thick lol
What is your routine?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
November 25

Shedding actually increased when I started massaging but it reduced after doing it consecutively for some days. I'm assuming it just loosens hairs that were going to fall out anyways which is why I see an increase. That one study on massages found a decrease in hair count with massages initially but it later regrew to baseline with increased follicle thickness. It's best not to pay much attention to shedding as shedding doesn't cause baldness, it's just a natural process. The process of miniaturization (where the hairs grow back thinner with a shorter anagen length) is what actually causes baldness which is slow and eventual, you don't even realize it's happening until you compare some old pictures of yourself.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks very healthy in the left picture man, awesome.
Thank you but it's actually quite damaged but drastically better than what it was, my hair is still pretty uneven with lots of little wispier parts near the ends but I'm slowly growing them out. I bought some hairdresser quality scissors online and I've just been cutting and trimming my own hair. Realistically I shouldn't be growing my hair out this long at this stage but honestly short hair doesn't suit me at all and it's just a matter of growing it out from this point.

I added some extra angles to help compare

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-024018_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-024018_Gallery.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 722
  • Screenshot_20191206-070351_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-070351_Gallery.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 701
  • 20180719_125929.jpg
    20180719_125929.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 693
  • 20190111_032926.jpg
    20190111_032926.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 687

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
November 25

Shedding actually increased when I started massaging but it reduced after doing it consecutively for some days. I'm assuming it just loosens hairs that were going to fall out anyways which is why I see an increase. That one study on massages found a decrease in hair count with massages initially but it later regrew to baseline with increased follicle thickness. It's best not to pay much attention to shedding as shedding doesn't cause baldness, it's just a natural process. The process of miniaturization (where the hairs grow back thinner with a shorter anagen length) is what actually causes baldness which is slow and eventual, you don't even realize it's happening until you compare some old pictures of yourself.

I recently starting casually massaging my scalp again after a couple years of not doing it. I also noticed many hairs falling out recently and my hair looking even worse, but as you said I hope it is just a matter of the weaker ones falling out and everything coming back healthier and thicker than before. My situation is dire though. Complete diffuse scalp. I look bad (in my opinion) with a buzz cut/bald head. I got it buzzed in May this year after having it long down to my shoulders but my practice at styling it was very damaging when it was long. Dry shampoo powder and harsh hair spray on at all times, it made me lose a ton of hair and develop severe chronic dermatitis. I'm in a period of trying to heal all the damage my scalp has endured over the past 3 years now.

Your post really gives some hope to many. I'm mainly relying on exercising 4-5 days a week, my iRestore LLLT helmet, a combination of different shampoos for DHT buildup removal & pyrithione Zinc for seb derm, unsteady usage of vitamins (I skip many days due to barely eating much these days, don't like to take them on empty stomach), and the occasional usage of serums and other topicals at night. I've been very sparingly using CelMD. My consistency in doing certain things is pretty bad, except for when it comes to my LLLT helmet. That thing is like a religion for me now for the past year.

Worst thing for me about all this hairloss over the past few years is, if I put on a hat, I'm committing to wearing that thing until my next wash. Otherwise I'll look like a disfigured malnourished bearded fool with my patchy flat hair.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
November 25

What is your technique for massaging? How long do you do it for?