I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strongly agree.

I lost ambition and drive after 1 year on fina. It's only when you lose something like libido that you understand its importance.
Yeah this is a fabulous hormone

Sex drive is the most important thing, for a man. That s why i will always love dht

Nofap is a good way to increase sex drive, it give you confidence, energy ect. This sh*t truly works

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2-3 years after quitting fina, I'm still struggling with the side effects. My libido is still low.

That sh*t caused epigentic changes I think. I'm trying to find a solution to combat this but it's not easy.

If anyone reads this and knows potential solutions, message me.
DHT creme? Pinning low amounts of test?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
2-3 years after quitting fina, I'm still struggling with the side effects. My libido is still low.

That sh*t caused epigentic changes I think. I'm trying to find a solution to combat this but it's not easy.

If anyone reads this and knows potential solutions, message me.
There’s a flip side to that coin.. really high libido, your hair will take a hit!

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that could help, but I thought you needed to take DHT for life?

Let me know what it is.
I guess? I'd rather smear some cremem on my skin everyday than run around with low libido. I would simply ask your doctor about it when you reach a point where you cant handle it anymore

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence
On a side note, i just used lactic acid on my temples. I needled the area with 3mm a few times, then 1.5mm several times. I then rubbed in lactic acid for 20 minutes straight. It hurt like a b**ch.
I thought lactic acid isnt that strong. It still "bruised" up my skin quite well.

Attachments

• IMG_20191119_125315.jpg
    IMG_20191119_125315.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 405

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence
On a side note, i just used lactic acid on my temples. I needled the area with 3mm a few times, then 1.5mm several times. I then rubbed in lactic acid for 20 minutes straight. It hurt like a b**ch.
I thought lactic acid isnt that strong. It still "bruised" up my skin quite well.
Yeah I'd definitely take it slow, that should heal up fine but I'd feel bad if you ended up damaging your skin. Lactic Acid is definitely less potent than Glycolic Acid but that's due to the larger molecule size as it doesn't penetrate into the skin as well. When I used glycolic I only used 0.5mm, 3mm is far too deep for acids at least initially. You need to work your way up slowly since you don't know how your skin handles the acids. You can jump in the deep end and go extreme but then you run the risk of hurting yourself. Aside from a couple of anecdotes I was informed of after stating my idea this is still mostly theoretical so we don't even know the likelihood of regrowth. That aside it will be interesting to see if it helps with any regrowth, but I'd definitely recommend taking it slow plus I imagine it'd be awkward explaining to people why you have acid burns on your temples.

Anyways here is a picture of my temples from the 14th of November, with some slight acid burns. It was my 2nd time using acid more intently. I used 40% glycolic acid which is actually the strongest mainstream AHA as it has the smallest molecule size. I aggressively wiped my temples with hot water on a towel to get rid of as much grease as possible to help it penetrate as deeply as possible and left it on for a bit over 30 minutes. (I didn't microneedle this time) My skin seems to be exceptionally good at tolerating acids and being pale white definitely helps prevent any pigmentation issues. I just had a small little burn that has since healed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191120-032430_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-032430_Gallery.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot_20191120-032400_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-032400_Gallery.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 481

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline update 20th of November, less than a week after the images in my last post. Hard to say if the acid is actually helping but I'm definitely still regrowing. I'm noticing more and more hairs very slowly migrating to the deeper parts of my bald scalp.

I no longer have the patience to obsessively compare pictures to find regrowth under the exact same lighting conditions, focus and angles. I don't know if anyone else has issues but actually taking quality scalp pictures in a consistent manner is incredibly painful and time consuming, even when I do get all the conditions right focus will miss for 10 shots in a row then I'll have to start all over and by the end I have 100+ images I need to sort through and delete then compare to the older pictures of my scalp.

For that reason I'm going to wait for some more drastic regrowth with the acid as I just simply don't have the patience or care anymore to see the initial stages of regrowth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191120-025259_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-025259_Gallery.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 465
  • Screenshot_20191120-025730_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-025730_Gallery.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 513
  • Screenshot_20191120-031319_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-031319_Gallery.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 445

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence did you ever consider using zix? You seem to be quite well read on hair topics lol, and especially since it looks like you advocate for alternative treatments so I did notice that zix was not referenced in your posts.
I am in a private Hairloss Discord group and I know a few of the users there have been using Zix, I don't believe they've seen any regrowth but they sure do like to talk about it a lot.

it Wasn't really a thing when i was researching into hairloss, after looking into an abundance of studies and finding a cheap and effective regime I went off hairloss research massively. I still occasionally check back to see what is happening but I don't actually know much about Zix. Based off of Reddit it seems it's a mix of Zinc and Vitamin B6? I was struggling to find the actual product but I did come across a website that supports Zix, the studies it used to support itself were all over the place. A couple of the links were broken despite not linking to an external website and one was just an outright story.

I did find a Twitter account for the supposed Zix creator, https://twitter.com/zixcreator?lang=en
In which case if it's the creator, based on his ability to articulate I'm just going to say he seems like an idiot. (image attached)

Honestly it all just seems like Broscience, especially with zero studies and little documentation. That's not to say it won't work, it's just that personally I wouldn't put my faith into it. It's hard finding actual documentation on it or what's even in it. But things like Zinc have been shown to have drastic results for certain types of alopecia but not so much Androgenetic Alopecia.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 273

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence Dont worry, if anything happens it isnt your fault. I know i was reckless when i needled that deep and applied the lactic acid. I did it anyway because i am desperate. You are right, we dont know if it works.
I find it very impressive you were able to slowly migrate your hair into your bald temples with basically needling alone. If you watched the 600 page needling thread on the forums like i did, you would see the anecdotes are completely random.
The results are all over the place, I frequent it and there's people who have done it for over a year with no results, there's others who do it once every 2 weeks with good results, there's people who do it daily and literally regrow all their hair then others who do it daily for a year with no results. Theres just no pattern. I needled hard every week for ca. 6 months and it did almost nothing for me. Im switching things up and im currently doing a experiment on my scalp. I decided to use my right temple and basically "rape" it with acid every month or so. Hence my question: Are you not worried about doing these "acid sessions" too frequently? I cant recall the time period anymore but it seems like there was only a week or so inbetween. As far as i know visual inspection of your skin/wound isnt accurate enough to say wether or not the skin has fully healed or not. I remember a needling wounding chart that showed the actual healing process happens somewhere between the 3rd and 6th week after needling. Deep needling, that is.

I've already been asked several times at my university what happened to my temple. I just say "i dont know man i was drunk last saturday and woke up with this". It works lol.
Its surprising to see how well your temples are tolerating the acid, considering it melted away part of your nose (or cheek?) after scratching the area for a bit.

Is the first picture now, and the second picture how it used to look?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence The "science" behind zix is very simple and truthful in a way. Both zinc and Vitamin B6 have anti-androgenic charackteristics. I remember when i was on steroids and almost completely cured my skin of acne by simply using a mega-dose of B6.
There was a guy in the big Zix thread who regrew his hair in 2 years with just needling + zix alone.
Personally i am scared about zinc poisining. People are using a really high dose in the topical solution, and i believe using that much zinc can actually be bad for your hair

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a private Hairloss Discord group and I know a few of the users there have been using Zix, I don't believe they've seen any regrowth but they sure do like to talk about it a lot.

it Wasn't really a thing when i was researching into hairloss, after looking into an abundance of studies and finding a cheap and effective regime I went off hairloss research massively. I still occasionally check back to see what is happening but I don't actually know much about Zix. Based off of Reddit it seems it's a mix of Zinc and Vitamin B6? I was struggling to find the actual product but I did come across a website that supports Zix, the studies it used to support itself were all over the place. A couple of the links were broken despite not linking to an external website and one was just an outright story.

I did find a Twitter account for the supposed Zix creator, https://twitter.com/zixcreator?lang=en
In which case if it's the creator, based on his ability to articulate I'm just going to say he seems like an idiot. (image attached)

Honestly it all just seems like Broscience, especially with zero studies and little documentation. That's not to say it won't work, it's just that personally I wouldn't put my faith into it. It's hard finding actual documentation on it or what's even in it. But things like Zinc have been shown to have drastic results for certain types of alopecia but not so much Androgenetic Alopecia.

Main problem with Zix is that Zinc has only been shown to inhibit 5AR1, when copper has been shown to inhibit 5AR2, so why people are using zinc and not copper is beyond me.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence Dont worry, if anything
Is the first picture now, and the second picture how it used to look?
Nah they are both on the same day, just a different angle, the images on the second post are all from today.

@MyThinningConfidence The "science" behind zix is very simple and truthful in a way. Both zinc and Vitamin B6 have anti-androgenic charackteristics. I remember when i was on steroids and almost completely cured my skin of acne by simply using a mega-dose of B6.
There was a guy in the big Zix thread who regrew his hair in 2 years with just needling + zix alone.
Personally i am scared about zinc poisining. People are using a really high dose in the topical solution, and i believe using that much zinc can actually be bad for your hair

That's interesting with the Zix, I wonder what the reason is that everyone is talking about it lately. I have seen studies with excellent regrowth using Zinc or B6 but they've all been studies with women and not androgenic alopecia which is my main reason for skepticism. I was assuming any people seeing good results would have had a different kind of alopecia. I imagine if it did inhibit DHT the effects might be negligible for that part of the equation. I'm open to seeing results though. This is the main study I usually refer to in regards to any Vitamins and Minerals though, it's fairly comprehensive considering it broadly covers a lot. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6380979/

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Main problem with Zix is that Zinc has only been shown to inhibit 5AR1, when copper has been shown to inhibit 5AR2, so why people are using zinc and not copper is beyond me.
That's interesting with the 5AR1 inhibition, do you have a study? That's not entirely a bad thing though, 5AR1 has been proven to also play a part in balding, it's just that 5AR2 is predominately responsible. That'd mean it could theoretically be a good couple with finasteride which primarily just blocks 5AR2. The issue with blocking 5AR1 is that it's actually responsible for a few other things in the body, most concernedly for the synthesis of neurosteroids such as allopregnanolone which has been the main reason I was on the fence with dutasteride as finasteride is relatively safe for me personally with minimal side effects. If it actually did block 5AR1 topically it seems like it could be an interesting combo.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah they are both on the same day, just a different angle, the images on the second post are all from today.

That's interesting with the Zix, I wonder what the reason is that everyone is talking about it lately. I have seen studies with excellent regrowth using Zinc or B6 but they've all been studies with women and not androgenic alopecia which is my main reason for skepticism. I was assuming any people seeing good results would have had a different kind of alopecia. I imagine if it did inhibit DHT the effects might be negligible for that part of the equation. I'm open to seeing results though. This is the main study I usually refer to in regards to any Vitamins and Minerals though, it's fairly comprehensive considering it broadly covers a lot. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6380979/
Excuse me if i got that wrong, but arent most women experiencing hairloss due to androgens too, just in a different pattern, hence the name "female pattern baldness".
When i google it, the talk is always about androgens.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My man! This post gives me hope because I tried using minoxidil alone and THAT alone gave me unwanted side effects, skin aging, slight libido decrease. I’m not touching finasteride with a 10 ft pole after that, so this is awesome. I’m planning on using:

Dermapen 2mm weekly

Dermapen 0.5 or a scalp massage using some brush thing, daily

Collagen supplements 4400mg daily

And I’m thinking about making some peppermint oil serum or some sh*t, idk.

The good news is, if your hair goes easily, it can come back easily as well. I am 16 and NW2 (used to be NW0) and also had bad acne, I think it has to do with Collagen levels. So it’s also good to exercise often and I would add fasting as well which is good for anti inflammation, which has also been shown to cause hairloss.
You dont have hairloss.
Minoxidil has nothing to do with finasteride

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using zinc + b6 + azelaic acid with Dermapen at 2mm once a week and without twice a week

"Even more interesting, the researchers found that when azelaic acid, zinc, and vitamin B6 were added together at very low concentrations, it resulted in a 90% inhibition of 5α-reductase."

I also use topical finasteride with Dermapen at 1mm once a week and twice without.

My regime on Monday, Wednesday and Friday is:

Wash hair
20 minutes led laser cap
Apply topical finasteride (0.05%) , 1ml
Apply Topical B6+Zinc+AA

It all takes 30 minutes.
No sides so far.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using zinc + b6 + azelaic acid with Dermapen at 2mm once a week and without twice a week

"Even more interesting, the researchers found that when azelaic acid, zinc, and vitamin B6 were added together at very low concentrations, it resulted in a 90% inhibition of 5α-reductase."

I also use topical finasteride with Dermapen at 1mm once a week and twice without.

My regime on Monday, Wednesday and Friday is:

Wash hair
20 minutes led laser cap
Apply topical finasteride (0.05%) , 1ml
Apply Topical B6+Zinc+AA

It all takes 30 minutes.
No sides so far.
Can you elaborate on "one a week and without twice a week" ? I dont know what that means.
So you only apply your solution every 2 days basically?
Can you link the study or article from your quote?