How my Life changed in one day (pics)

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One and it was in Malaysia from memory. There was only one set of pics and they didn't show any growth.

The cream you took for your itchy scalp, was it a prescription or over the counter cream?

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
yes it was a diprosone steroid lotion, used it for a month went back to the doctor and he said the inflamation has cleared up. He strongly thinks it will thicken up in 3 months but if it doesnt he will refer me to a derm for "expensive but effective" treatments

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
yo zeros, just noticed my first shed, hairs ust kept coming out as i run my hands through my hair even on the sides. the only things i stopped doing was putting sawpalmetto/black tea on my scalp at night.

Is this a good sign that my hair is thickeneing up?

Another thing, where my hair is thin on top, the hair isnt as curly as it used to be, on the sides and back its curly as hell!! is this a sign on miniturisation? :(

had an itchy scalp after using nizoral the other day aswell, im scared of overusing keto so im going to use nizoral once a week and revita twice

please help

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What type of hair did you shed? Long or short? Thick or thin? This is only my theory, but if you shed thinner and a lot shorter hair than your normal hair, those are the likely ones that are miniaturizing.

Regarding the curly hair, I'm not sure. All I know is I used to have wavy hair as a teenager and early 20's and my hair straightened out over the years. This is apparently normal. It's possible your hair is straightening or maybe with less hair in the area it isn't able to curl.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
What are you attributing this current shed to? That stinks you're only 16 bud. You cant even start propecia for two more years. Good news is we live in modern times to where you can actually make a difference to your hair loss. I'm confident you'll find the cause whether genetic or circumstantial soon as well as an appropriate regimen.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My shedding picked up again :( I'm still losing hair every time I run my hand through my scalp.

I'm not noticing a lot of miniaturized hairs lately, not sure if that is a good sign or not. On one hand shedding miniaturized hair could result in stronger hair with the right product, on the other shedding miniaturized hair could also mean no more regrowth.

I'm planning to add the following:

Niacin (probably 250mg) for circulation
Aged Garlic Extract for dandruff and inflammation
Curcumin\Turmeric for inflammation

The above from an Aus online store that I found works out to about $20 a month. Edit: This is actually a US retailer with a au address, price will probably be double.

No idea if any of these will work, but I will give it ago.

How is your hair loss going? Getting close to seeing a derm?

Edit: I'm not sure Niacin is for me, even at 100mg it is strong.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
i washed with revita today and i cant feel my scalp at all no itching! its great.

Today i ordered Multi vitamin, flax seed, pumpkin seed, nettle root.

Gonna give them all a try till they run out, and the worse that can happen is i am a bit healthier :) Hopefully i go to the derm in a month from now, gotta let my mum pay for it haha. Somedays i think its thickening up, others i dont. Its been 5 months since i noticed it. Back then my scalp was red as hell and it felt terrible haha. This being my doctors theory of why i was losing hair.

in puberty your DHT is maxed out right? does that mean hairloss slows after? i have no idea

wish me luck i got the regime from soneone that got sucess by taking this orally while adding saw palmetto and nettle to the scalp

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
had a crawling feeling on my scalp today haha

C:\Users\mcren\Downloads\Hair Loss Help Forums - Saw Palmetto Works For Hair Loss.htm

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
just had my second dose of toco, i mixed it with milk, i might take it straight next time so i get it all, should i take it in the day or night?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
just had my second dose of toco, i mixed it with milk, i might take it straight next time so i get it all, should i take it in the day or night?

It taste awful I can't see how anyone can have it straight up, especially as it's a powder. I take it in the morning since it suppose to give you more energy, I don't want to struggle to sleep at night.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
That stinks you cant get on the big three bud. Hopefully by the time you're legal age they'll be closer to a cure. My brother is a senior in highschool and has lost his hair as bad as I have.

mad_hatter

Reaction score
Dude! I think we have the same thing.. the whole diffuse crown thinning and inflammation. I also had long hair (longer than yours) and wouldn't have ever though of balding till I cut it short in December 2011. I bought 2% Nizoral but I haven't tried it yet because I've been prescribed for minocycline (antibiotic) for acne on my back (I doubt it's working too).

The Doctor wouldn't even examine my scalp, he just blamed bad weather and told me to use baby shampoo. My scalp is red and if I press my fingertips onto my scalp I get more oil on it than from the back of my head. I still shed hairs in the shower and my scalp is still inflamed. No one on my dad's side is balding but on my mom's side, her father and 2 of her brothers had maturely receded hairlines at best. Still were able to slick their thick hair back though.

I'm still trying to figure out what triggered it... I went to get my blood checked and everything came back normal. It might have been happening since summer 2011 because I've been experiencing sluggishness/brain fog which is why I needed to see what was wrong through a blood test. I STILL have dark circles around my eyes no matter how much sleep I get, I still wake up feeling shitty.
This totally cancels out my attempt at finasteride until I get that cleared up. :(