How my Life changed in one day (pics)

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
can i hold it off for 10 years?

people still dont know my hair is think becuase its curly and when i comb it it covers up :)

btw cant take finasteride

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
RU? what is that? can i thicken and maintain with minoxidil nizoral and saw palmetto untill i can take finasteride, i will happily go bald at 30

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
then explain why my hair was so thick when i started lifting weights, that the hairdresser would thin it out!, 4 months on weights- sudden hairloss no noticiable shedding :O

So confusing, i have been taking photos everymonth, will update in 2 months before i go to derm. been taking saw palmetto and applying it topically with tea, drinking black tea with soy, omega 3 and revita, nizoral shampoo

thanks for helping out, i hope my hair thickens up

Did she thin it out on the sides? When I was younger (your age), my hair dresser did this and I couldn't figure out why. She must have noticed it before I did. I think she did it to make it more uniform with the top.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
my dads side of the family balded in their 20s including my cousin, all we know about my moms side is that he was bald when he got married,

DOES this mean my grandfather was diffuse thinning at 15 like me? and mines worse because i lifted weights which made it speed up?

need some help on treatments, NEED MY HAIR FOR ANOTHER 10 years haha

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
can i hold it off for 10 years?

No one can answer that, you could do nothing for the next 10 years and it might not get much worse.

douglasmich said:
RU? what is that? can i thicken and maintain with minoxidil nizoral and saw palmetto untill i can take finasteride, i will happily go bald at 30

It's experimental drug that is hard to source and expensive.

douglasmich said:
DOES this mean my grandfather was diffuse thinning at 15 like me?

No one can answer this without them knowing your grandfather.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
kc444 said:
douglasmich said:
then explain why my hair was so thick when i started lifting weights, that the hairdresser would thin it out!, 4 months on weights- sudden hairloss no noticiable shedding :O

So confusing, i have been taking photos everymonth, will update in 2 months before i go to derm. been taking saw palmetto and applying it topically with tea, drinking black tea with soy, omega 3 and revita, nizoral shampoo

thanks for helping out, i hope my hair thickens up

Did she thin it out on the sides? When I was younger (your age), my hair dresser did this and I couldn't figure out why. She must have noticed it before I did. I think she did it to make it more uniform with the top.

Thinning the sides out is pretty common practice in hair dressing. No matter how great your hair is, it will always make an improvement to your facial frame.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
will saw palmetto help?

deciding wether to see how it goes in the next 3 months (probs get worse) or start minoxidil once a might?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my opinion you should hold off on doing anything more until you have seen a derm.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
in a months time i will be going back to the doctor to get reffered to a derm. He said that if the hairloss doesnt go away there are "expensive" treatments.

Do you think he is reffering to finasteride because it is like 90 a month here haha, well i will never take finasteride. And he is probs also thinking about rogaine which is 150 for 3 months. Lucky i bought 6 months kirkland minoxidil for 50 haha.

I drink black tea and apply it at night with saw palmetto to my scalp. This cant hurt at all i guess. I have minoxidil but i will not use it unless the derm says i should ( which he will if i have male pattern baldness which i must have because hairloss is on top)

I secretly bought it becuase my mum thinks im crazy and that there is no treatments for hairloss :( hopefully i get to the derm soon, or my hair thickens up so i dont have to!

Can an inflamed scalp cause hair thinning?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil by itself is unlikely to be enough.

Our prices for drugs are crazy, if you don't want to buy over the Internet you could try getting Proscar (finasteride which is 1mg) which is 5mg and cut it into 4. Still be the same price locally but you will at least get 3 extra months out of it.

I've personally heard too many horror stories of finasteride to risk it.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
im 16, finasteride is out of the question, it blocks one enzyme and the other one raises so high so compensate which can cause endocrine breakdown.

Just got my haircut, i still cant tel if its getting worse even with pics, been 5 months since i noticed it :S, Is it definitly male pattern baldness? i have had an scalp inflamation for 2 years and now i notice hairloss and the doctor cleared the inflamation up with steroids. Is there any chance because im a diffuser?

Well if it turns out to be male pattern baldness i need to stop it (without finasteride)because i still have a decent head of hair without any baldspots.

I saw some guy who grew all his hair back (diffuser) with topical spironolactone and minoxidil. Im just scared of the minoxidil shed because THEN it would be noticiable. But i also saw a post with a guy that got spironolactone sides from applying it with minoxidil :(

No one knows i have lost hair as of yet, I REALLY NEED TO KEEP IT LIKE THAT, 1 more month till the derm, my fate. Will upload monthy pics. Need help on a regime aswell!

thanks so much, my old post on here noone replied

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Could this be a case of telogen effluvium or one of those gnarly types of alopecia (forgot) the name. In that alopecia the thinning,,or loss, is in circle patters. If you've had drastic hairloss in the past year then you should see a doctor, it might not be male pattern baldness.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, since you're wanting to wait a while to begin a regimen of minoxidil and finasteride, I would recommend alternating nizoral and tsal. Tsal will help with the inflammation and possibly sebhoric demortisis if you have it. There was one guy on the success stories that regrew hair alone by shampooing daily with nizoral. I wouldn't advise dealing but once or twice a week for the red scalp.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
i remember a year ago someone told me i was balding, i thought they were insane i coudnt notice anything!, my red scalp is gone so maybe it was that :S

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
at the moment i use revita twice a week and nizoral once. At night i apply sawpallmetto mixed with black tea to my scalp ( no idea but it makes my scalp feel nice)

i Dont lift weights anymore.

Go on page 1 of the post to see my hair after applying black tea

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
alright guys. I am seriously considering using my minoxidil i have. i dont have any really bad hairloss but i cant afford it to get worse!! Please help me on my regime

minoxidil kirkland 5% every night

nizoral and revita

black tea or green tea?

i am 16 and diffuse thinner and my crown is starting to get noticable :(

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is going to cause you to shed, so it will get worst before it gets better.

If I was you I would hold off till after seeing the derm especially since it's under 2 months away? Try to pick a derm that specializes in hair-loss and male pattern baldness.

The other stuff should be safe to use.

I'm trying Toco 8, which at least atm has slowed down my shedding. I'm also taking 1 Ginko tablet and 2 nurofen tablets orally a day. The nurofen is actually for my hips and knee but if it helps with scalp inflammation I am all for it.