How my Life changed in one day (pics)

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Men with little to no body hair can suffer from male pattern baldness and not all hairy guy will have male pattern baldness.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
One other thing,

If hairloss has to do with DHT My dht is low because i have ZERO armpit hair not very hairy everywhere else :(

What about your face? I have heard that is the more direct connection not the rest of the body hair.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
only a little bit on my chin

Sorry- I had heard that there was no correlation with chest hair but perhaps with beard hair. But I am sure there are many exceptions..

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No correlation between chest, body, beard hair and male pattern baldness.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
the fact that im 16 and i noticed it when i was 15 (but didnt think it was anything)

makes me wonder, especially when my cousins and grandfather receded after puberty in their 20's and are nearly bald at 30

and that im diffuse

doctor in 2 weeks for my follow up :)) hopefully he wil advise me to a derm

BTW i used to find straight tapered hairs, now i find curly hairs

and i shed wispy hair in the shower but its impossible to see because i have blond hair

Reaction score
Already using nizoral shampoo? http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-treatments/nizoral/

If you want to use finasteride consult with doctor first. I would try and contact the doctor (you will need to ask to get an appointment with a dermatologist) to get more info and discover if it perhaps would already be possible at your age to have a small doses for example of 0.5mg every 3 days.. I don't think so but you can ask. If you never try you never know. A dermatologist can tell you what is happening with your hair and why. At your age I would advise you to make an appointment as soon as possible, perhaps it is something different than we all think.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
Already using nizoral shampoo? http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-treatments/nizoral/

If you want to use finasteride consult with doctor first. I would try and contact the doctor (you will need to ask to get an appointment with a dermatologist) to get more info and discover if it perhaps would already be possible at your age to have a small doses for example of 0.5mg every 3 days.. I don't think so but you can ask. If you never try you never know. A dermatologist can tell you what is happening with your hair and why. At your age I would advise you to make an appointment as soon as possible, perhaps it is something different than we all think.

i went there in june last year, said i was too young and its like 90$ a month here

jabbathehair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just read half this thread. let me tell you drinking WHEY protein shakes will not effect male pattern baldness. I know you're 16 but come on do some research and chill. whey protein shakes are just that PROTEIN. a powder form protein that you find in milk eggs beef etc. GOing to the gym will NOT effect male pattern baldness. you will NOT increase your test levels any where near enough to make your body start converting the free test into DHT.

from looking at your pic to me it just looks like you have naturally thin hair and took a pic of it wet and all clumped together.

I also came on here worrying. showed a few pics and was told by some it looked like i was receding and diffuse thining! was told to get on the big 3 and also told i had miniature hairs growing!

i went to a derm and was told i was receding naturally as in most men who dont have aggressive male pattern baldness do. i have seb dem which is a yeast build up on my scalp. it causes terible itching and inflamtion and damages the hair. iv been on nizoral now for a few weeks and i can already see the difference.

there really are guys who suffer from aggressive male pattern baldness and i feel people like me and you are wasting their time with being so paranoid. imo you're not going bald it has just become an obsession. there are also guys who will instantly say YEP male pattern baldness so you got to be careful!

GET your butt back in the gym and try to stop worrying. if you do go bald in your twenties at least youll have an impressive body to fall back on!

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are diffuse thinning bro, sucks man. Will your thinning be more apperent if you grow out your hair?

OH202

Reaction score
Was your scalp ever itchy? Sounds like it could be seborrheic dermatitis to me which is often said to aggravate hairfall in affected areas.

HairrisonFord

Reaction score
Firstly, please don't panic. Give it a couple years before using any internal DHT inhibitors.

Eat more vegan and keep up the lifting without unnatural supplements.
Use a ketoconazole shampoo.
Use castor oil as a leave in conditioner.
Use minoxidil as night before bed.
No perms.

Don't look at your scalp every day.
Stop thinking about it.
Back to enjoying life and grab a new girl.

parangutiri23

Reaction score
Try this

Try pulling your hair three times and see how many ended up in your hands. That should give you an idea about have fast your hair is falling