How hairloss affects my life in a very strong way

pets93

Reaction score
burns_15 said:
Every day my hair decides whether I am in a good mood or in a bad mood.

There are days, I don't want to live, because this hair-thing affects my life so badly (see above or other topics) and it's only getting worse and i cannot change it.

You are NOT alone. Could probably have been me writing this.

And the mirrors, I hate them. They determinate whether I'm going to be feeling OK or bad for the moment being.

Hairloss sucks more than anything else. I, just like you, have already imagined myself without having a wife or kids ever in this life. It is really hard, especially being only 19 years old and having those thoughts.

I've had suicide thoughts many times too, but I am probably never going to commit suicide. I believe there is a god, and by commiting suicide ain't gonna take you far.

My goals in life is to hold onto my hair for as long as it's possible, get some money and move out somewhere in the wildness where I'm going to spend rest of my life, alone. I love the nature - that's something that keeps me going.

seb

Reaction score
pets93 said:
burns_15 said:
Every day my hair decides whether I am in a good mood or in a bad mood.

There are days, I don't want to live, because this hair-thing affects my life so badly (see above or other topics) and it's only getting worse and i cannot change it.

You are NOT alone. Could probably have been me writing this.

And the mirrors, I hate them. They determinate whether I'm going to be feeling OK or bad for the moment being.

Hairloss sucks more than anything else. I, just like you, have already imagined myself without having a wife or kids ever in this life. It is really hard, especially being only 19 years old and having those thoughts.

I've had suicide thoughts many times too, but I am probably never going to commit suicide. I believe there is a god, and by commiting suicide ain't gonna take you far.

My goals in life is to hold onto my hair for as long as it's possible, get some money and move out somewhere in the wildness where I'm going to spend rest of my life, alone. I love the nature - that's something that keeps me going.

A life of solitude,sound sublime.

burns_15

Reaction score
I also do avoid mirrors :) also cameras or watching photos of me.
In addition I avoid direct light on my head when I am with people.
I wear wool caps very often, but this will be difficult if I start working as an engineer and if I start wearing shirts/suits everyday.

I argue a lot with myself, if i should add finasteride to my regim. I don't want have errection problems, bad sperm quality etc. Some days ago, i was together with an amazing woman, despite my hairloss. I now know, that with a good sense of humor and a little courage, you can even land a hotty. And I am happy, that I never ever used finasteride before. You're more a man without hair but with a penis than without a penis and with hair.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm losing my hair. It sucks. I always liked having hair; but by no means has it stopped me from living my life folks and don't let it stop you from living yours. Too much doom and gloom about it is really kind of trivial when it comes down to it. People without hair meet other people, fall in love, have kids and all that. I've been losing my hair for 20 years. I've been married twice and have two kids. Don't let losing your hair own who you are. You can be succesful and happy without it. It can definitely be way more about who you are and how you present yourself.

Pain is fleeting, glory is forever, chicks dig scars.

Find hobbies.

Northman

seb

Reaction score
Northman said:
I'm losing my hair. It sucks. I always liked having hair; but by no means has it stopped me from living my life folks and don't let it stop you from living yours. Too much doom and gloom about it is really kind of trivial when it comes down to it. People without hair meet other people, fall in love, have kids and all that. I've been losing my hair for 20 years. I've been married twice and have two kids. Don't let losing your hair own who you are. You can be succesful and happy without it. It can definitely be way more about who you are and how you present yourself.

Pain is fleeting, glory is forver, chicks dig scars.

Find hobbies.

Northman

Thank you for that.I am already starting to feel better.

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
Northman said:

Pain is fleeting, glory is forver, chicks dig scars.

Find hobbies.

Northman

Thank you for that.I am already starting to feel better.

Strange whenever I post something vaugely similar, you sarcasticly claim I'm lying or out of touch with reality. :shock: :whistle:

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to pretend anything. I'd much rather have hair; that's why I'm here. When I was in my early 20's I fretted about it, got pissed; questioned why even give me hair just to take it away? What kind of cruel joke is that?

The reality is, you could say that about anything in life. None of us are getting out of here alive. You can not count on life to be fair.

Death; you could cry out about the injustice of that; life just to take it away. Is it better to have not lived?

For all of the things that can beat a man down and force him to quit; please, don't let it be hair that breaks your spirit.

s.a.f

Reaction score
:stupid: :bravo:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well its good to hear that you can realise this even at your age and and in your situation. If you keep that state of mind you wont end up in the same situation as some posters in their 30's on here.
Its not going to be easy but if you ever want to get anywhere in life you'll need to remember to keep things in perspective.

slipy

Reaction score
Northman said:
For all of the things that can beat a man down and force him to quit; please, don't let it be hair that breaks your spirit.

why not? out of all things hair loss is one of the few that really could. i'd fell much better and could whitstand so much more if it wasn't for balding. this doesn't compare to, say, loosing money or having other problems. this can leave you dead inside, and frankly it's like nothing really matters anymore.

right now i feel like there's not even a point in going on and enduring, simply because i will never be happy as a bald little freak, might as well die.

not that i have the guts to kill myself, but if did die soon it wouldn't matter.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously, because there is WAY more to life than hair and scoring with women. At points in our lives always some sh*t is not going to go our way and at some point we have to accept that. If you are unable to do anything about your hair loss you have to accept it. It's about putting your efforts and worries into something you can change. The whole wisdom to know the difference thing.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
All objectivity, all rationality goes out the window when it is YOU who are experiencing this fucked up thing. It's easy to wax philosophical about how accepting and at peace you are with the idea of going bald from the privilaged vantage point of having a full head of hair. If you can go from NW1 to NW5 in under a year and still retain your zen like composure then good for you.

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since hair loss. I don't think there's been a day when I haven't gazed in the mirror and scrutinised my forlorn scalp with contempt. You can't tell the young guys on here to just 'get over it', it's not as easy as that. They wanna go out shaggin' every night, and need their tresses to compete with the other punks.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
jesus christ theres MILLIONS of guys taking finasteride and NONE of them have any problems . . . . . . i know like 5 myself they have NO problems . . . .

the paranoid losers here imagine them :shakehead: :shakehead:

How f*****g stupid and ignorant can you be? Here's to hoping you get sides :punk: .

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
All objectivity, all rationality goes out the window when it is YOU who are experiencing this f***ed up thing. It's easy to wax philosophical about how accepting and at peace you are with the idea of going bald from the privilaged vantage point of having a full head of hair. If you can go from NW1 to NW5 in under a year and still retain your zen like composure then good for you.

I'm not sure if that is directed to me but I certainly don't have a full head of hair. Now, I have been fortunate enough to be a slow diffuser, but balding has impacted me for 20 years. When it got to where I couldn't style it anymore, the clippers came out. That was 4 years ago.

slipy

Reaction score
ghg said:
Exodus2011 said:
jesus christ theres MILLIONS of guys taking finasteride and NONE of them have any problems . . . . . . i know like 5 myself they have NO problems . . . .

the paranoid losers here imagine them :shakehead: :shakehead:

How f****ing stupid and ignorant can you be? Here's to hoping you get sides :punk: .

Ignorance alone doesn't require such harsh punishment. that's like saying he deserved to be bald and suffer through his whole life because he tried to make fun of his father once as a kid.

T

TravisB

Of course! Everyone who make fun of bald people deserves to go bald.

And what satisfaction it is when an a**h** like that starts balding... :devil:

In fact, everyone who make fun of other person's flaws deserves to experience the same flaws too.

slipy

Reaction score
a kid saying something out of ignorance isn't the same as c*** making fun with a purpose to hurt somebody.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a whole forum dedicated to the side effects of this drug and even Merck has admitted that it can cause side effects, yet this mong keeps telling ppl, without ANY FURTHER KNOWLEDGE NOR OWN EXPERIENCE, that every one of us sufferers are LOSERS who imagine the sides. How pathetic is that? I'm not a violent person by any stretch of imagination, but that kinda cuntish and ignorant behaviour really does my head in. Ok, the person responsible for this brain fart is only 19 or something, but still, you should be able to think before you speak even at that age.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Aye, saying that all side effects sufferers are imagining things is ignorant. However, even as someone who experienced, and quit because of side effects, I believe that really is true for a large majority of cases. I've been to that forum a few times and it seems a lot of people over there blame finasteride for every single health issue they have had in their life. Also saw a guy claim he became permanently impotent after taking two 1mg finasteride pills on consecutive days. How is that even physically possible?