How hairloss affects my life in a very strong way

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Wow exodus tell me how you really feel. At least I know your true colors now. Too bad your such a dick, but I think I'm not the only one just coming to that conclusion lately.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
[ POST DELETED DUE TO COMMON DECENCY ]

slipy

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
i walked around with diffused hair at f****ing 17 and NOBODY said anything. people DO NOT care about you. especially not to stand there and "scorn" you

hold on, i clearly remmember you telling you faced some ridicule at school and people pointing out your hair loss, asking if you had cancer. :dunno:

and while people might not ''care'', insulting someone you don't like only takes couple of seconds, surely they can give that much of their spare time.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
ghg said:
When I was 23 and still had a good head of hair but thinning fast I jumped on finasteride. I had sides but I thought I'd "ride them out" like everyone adviced. I used it for 1,5 yrs with absolutely no results. Balding just like before... now I am 29, very thin on top and still have sides from finasteride after 2 stints on it but off drug for 8 months. And I wasn't even expecting any sides! Infact I was very hopeful about finasteride and really believed it would help me.

So I got the shortest straw really, no results and drastic sides. f****ing cool... as if my life wasn't bad enough before. finasteride may help some, but I really can't recommend it to anyone after personally experiencing what it can do to one's sexual hormones.

Are you still having side effects now that you are off finasteride?
If so, what are they?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
ghg said:
When I was 23 and still had a good head of hair but thinning fast I jumped on finasteride. I had sides but I thought I'd "ride them out" like everyone adviced. I used it for 1,5 yrs with absolutely no results. Balding just like before... now I am 29, very thin on top and still have sides from finasteride after 2 stints on it but off drug for 8 months. And I wasn't even expecting any sides! Infact I was very hopeful about finasteride and really believed it would help me.

So I got the shortest straw really, no results and drastic sides. f****ing cool... as if my life wasn't bad enough before. finasteride may help some, but I really can't recommend it to anyone after personally experiencing what it can do to one's sexual hormones.

If so, what are they?

No libido, tough time getting it up (of course when there's no desire) no random boners ever, curvy penis, decreased penile sensation (it often feels like dead rubber) and those are just sexual sides. I believe my current low testosterone levels also has something to do with the dry skin, dry hair, tiredness and low body temp syndromes I'm experiencing.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
When hair loss is affecting people's lives in such a way as the OP, I'd just recommend buzzing it off and getting a hair piece. It has its negative aspects too, no doubt, but when you're getting used to it, I guess you're pride and confidence linked to a full head of hair may return.

slipy

Reaction score
many have expressed the concern that one would get ridiculed if people found out his hair was merely a wig.

news flash

assholes, that the world has no shortage of, will ridicule you no matter if you're wearing a wig or walking around openly bald. might as well get the wig if you think it's gonna make you feel better.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Eh, hair loss doesn't bug me nearly as much as my skin. I wear hats and long sleeve shirts/sweaters a lot not because of my hairloss, but because I don't want to damage my sensitive skin from the sun's cancerous rays. I am thankful I am at least not albino.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
CaptainForehead said:
ghg said:

If so, what are they?

No libido, tough time getting it up (of course when there's no desire) no random boners ever, curvy penis, decreased penile sensation (it often feels like dead rubber) and those are just sexual sides. I believe my current low testosterone levels also has something to do with the dry skin, dry hair, tiredness and low body temp syndromes I'm experiencing.

Get your T levels checked by your DR. If low they can put you on replacement T and it will make a world of a difference. You will feel like 18 again! No reason to keep suffering- take action.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
oldmpber said:
Get your T levels checked by your DR. If low they can put you on replacement T and it will make a world of a difference. You will feel like 18 again! No reason to keep suffering- take action.

+1
Have you seen a doctor ghg?