How hairloss affects my life in a very strong way

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maystor said:
Aye, saying that all side effects sufferers are imagining things is ignorant. However, even as someone who experienced, and quit because of side effects, I believe that really is true for a large majority of cases. I've been to that forum a few times and it seems a lot of people over there blame finasteride for every single health issue they have had in their life. Also saw a guy claim he became permanently impotent after taking two 1mg finasteride pills on consecutive days. How is that even physically possible?

Why not? I felt breast pain hours after popping the first pill. Next day my sperm became liquidy. Why couldn't it affect your potency just as fast? I'm not totally impotent but have a hard time getting it up. It never gets hard without stimulation anymore, which certainly wasn't the case before. I sometimes have "night boners" so to speak, if my sleep gets interrupted (which happens a lot), but never in the morning.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can see how someone could have a bad response to any drug. I remember I experienced the same when I was prescribed a what was supposed to be a mild anti-depressant. Freaked me out when I suddenly wasn't able to get an erection. Had no idea it was a potential side effect of the drug so it wasn't in my head. But I just don't see how could two 1mg pills make a man permanently impotent. If that did indeed happen, I would say there was something very wrong with that guy's health to begin with.

cuebald

Reaction score
been on finasteride 3 years with no sides apart from increased libido.

i think these people who have sides from 0.5mg finasteride every 2 days are the kind of people who probably had more oestrogen than normal in their systems anyway (i.e. pudgy, girly, etc)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maystor said:
Yes, I can see how someone could have a bad response to any drug. I remember I experienced the same when I was prescribed a what was supposed to be a mild anti-depressant. Freaked me out when I suddenly wasn't able to get an erection. Had no idea it was a potential side effect of the drug so it wasn't in my head. But I just don't see how could two 1mg pills make a man permanently impotent. If that did indeed happen, I would say there was something very wrong with that guy's health to begin with.

I really don't see what the length of usage has got to do with issues that happen after quitting finasteride :dunno: . I thought finasteride is quite fast in affecting your hormone levels. And if the hormones get suppressed straight away, what's the difference how long you'll use it?

And I think perhaps Exodus201 should take a little break off this forum... like a week or two maybe?

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Maystor said:

I really don't see what the length of usage has got to do with issues that happen after quitting finasteride :dunno: . I thought finasteride is quite fast in affecting your hormone levels. And if the hormones get suppressed straight away, what's the difference how long you'll use it?

And I think perhaps Exodus201 should take a little break off this forum... like a week or two maybe?
Well, there's obviously a difference between taking the stuff for a day or for 10 years. I just don't believe such a small dosage of the drug is enough to mess up the hormones enough to make a healthy male permanently impotent. I don't have the studies to prove that it's not possible, it's just my personal opinion that they're full of sh*t.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes, exo should ease up on those with sides. Don't you think it's bad enough that these people can't resort to using these products to keep their hair? To be fair though, the available treatments for hairloss are shite.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a f*****g little-know-it-all we have here... :thumbdown2:

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion taking this drug is like Russian roulette. However, I'm not going to knock those that take it, that's their choice.

Exodus. It appears to me as though you're trying desperately to endorse a drug which you haven't taken or you're about to embark upon. To convince yourself that everything will be just fine and dandy.

Note to self: always believe information and statistics released from multi billion $$$$ pharma corporations and garbage on the internet. /sarcasm

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
There should be a garbage can on this site to put naive and ignorant posts. That's where Exodus's posts in this thread belong. He is clearly talking through his bottom. And it stinks.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Somehow the movie "Idiocracy" comes to my mind when reading Exodus's posts. Lol this lol that, rudeness, unsensible sentences, more acronyms than proper words...

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg, Exodus is a waste of space - though there's plenty of it between his ears. Has he tried finasteride? How much hairloss has he experienced? Has he had a decent education? Is he intelligent? Basically, he's not worth the effort of lifting a finger to type a char...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairforever said:
ghg, Exodus is a waste of space - though there's plenty of it between his ears. Has he tried finasteride? How much hairloss has he experienced? Has he had a decent education? Is he intelligent? Basically, he's not worth the effort of lifting a finger to type a char...

Yeah it seems. I somewhat liked the guy before this little flamewar of his.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
monty1978 said:
you're becoming an annoying, ignorant prick.

What personal experience do you have on this issue? Apart from your mates who claim that they are sex gods as all kids do!

I'll say it again so you can understand in plain English.

Your mind can't stop you getting morning erections, permanently. This is irrefutable. If you take finasteride and lose morning erections and/or spontanious erections and concomittantly lose your lust for sex and this happens after begining finasteride and continues whilst taking it and/or after cessation then you are having permanent f****ing side effects ignoramus!
*cough * viewtopic.php?f=41&t=51134 *cough*

"It is based on 9 years of analysis of hair loss forums, and knowledge about hair loss treatments. Never judge a treatment based on what you've heard about it online. Always judge a treatment based on its ingredients, and the science backing them. Period."

"Judge a product based on the science behind it. Not on what you've heard about it online. You don't know a thing about the person who is writing. But you can know exactly whats in the product and how probable its ingredients are to treat hair loss."

like i said before, stfu, you have been spending too much time on these forums, this place is mental illness central

also s.a.f. is the most reasonable poster here, i'm not taking finasteride, i have morning erections only like 1/3 the time.

ever heard of "PLACEBO"? most likely they were expecting sides, so they got it

ACTUAL sides occur in only 1-2% of the population. period.

I used finasteride and had good results. No sides at all till about 3 years on the stuff. And even when I got off they did not totally go away. That said it could have been other factors (getting old-I was around 40-41 when they hit me,drinking lots of grapefruit juice-I have read that can accelerate sides) along with finasteride that could have been the cause. No way to know for sure. My advice is if you need it, try it but get the heck off of it fast if you start having sides. You may not ever have a problem but just don't procrastinate getting off of it like I did.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Vanitykills said:
In my opinion taking this drug is like Russian roulette. However, I'm not going to knock those that take it, that's their choice.

When I was 21, and NW4, I had the opportunity to take finasteride; and it was obvious rogaine was not cutting it.

I decided against it because of the danger of possible side effects. Yes, most likely I would not get it, but if I got it, I would be totally screwed. What is the point of a 21 year old male if he cant have erections?

So I said F U to finasteride, stopped rogaineas it was hopless, and in a year I was NW6 at age 22.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Exodus is just a kid remember that.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Vanitykills said:

When I was 21, and NW4, I had the opportunity to take finasteride; and it was obvious rogaine was not cutting it.

I decided against it because of the danger of possible side effects. Yes, most likely I would not get it, but if I got it, I would be totally screwed. What is the point of a 21 year old male if he cant have erections?

So I said F U to finasteride, stopped rogaineas it was hopless, and in a year I was NW6 at age 22.

When I was 23 and still had a good head of hair but thinning fast I jumped on finasteride. I had sides but I thought I'd "ride them out" like everyone adviced. I used it for 1,5 yrs with absolutely no results. Balding just like before... now I am 29, very thin on top and still have sides from finasteride after 2 stints on it but off drug for 8 months. And I wasn't even expecting any sides! Infact I was very hopeful about finasteride and really believed it would help me.

So I got the shortest straw really, no results and drastic sides. f*****g cool... as if my life wasn't bad enough before. finasteride may help some, but I really can't recommend it to anyone after personally experiencing what it can do to one's sexual hormones.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
zeroes said:
I'll grant you some of that. However if hair loss is such a major drama for so many people, places like this would be flooded with new users looking for a solution or at least telling their story.

I think there is discrimination going on in these forums. There is nobody here with full heads of hair. BTW do you ever see how many guests and views there are? Alot of ppl lurk and or just look around.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
243kmcw.jpg

Damn getting off topic..and its a good one.

I sometimes spend 10 minutes to an hour styling hair which sometimes
I give up on many times. And I do not know in advance how much time it will
take. If I do fail it can lead to a bad mood and low self confidence throughout the day.

I check the mirror or have the urge to check a mirror frequently even though I
know this is irrational.

I sometimes leave shampoos on an extended amount of time (5minutes).

I shower at night time versus in the morning to avoid frizzy hair.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
its just what you are saying about taking finasteride twice and having sides for years is just ridiculous tho :dunno:

Took finasteride twice? I took it daily for 1,5 yrs in 2006-2007 + 5 months last year. Seems there was a little misunderstanding.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
uncomfortable man said:
Exodus is just a kid remember that.
i wanted to stop arguing but you are fair game

you are depressed, paranoid, and imagine most of the "hate" that you get.

i walked around with diffused hair at f****ing 17 and NOBODY said anything. people DO NOT care about you. especially not to stand there and "scorn" you

lmao, you art students. too much estrogen, too little testosterone

not to mention you probably have some sort of body dysmorphia

i am wayyyyyyy more valid to say things than you lmfao.

35 and still crying on a forum about hair loss when you are married with a daughter. lmfao what a fuckin pussy :shakehead:

Yeah you're the best to talk about crazy... with outbursts like that.