How close are we to FUE using hair cloning?

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m here since 2010 and I can assure you NO HAIR CLONING IS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS FROM NOW. THINK 2040’s

I have seen this conversation done like a 100 times before. People get excited and say “5 years maximum” .. a 10 year passes and everybody’s balding area becomes bigger & bigger.

I learned to disregard this forum altogether as it was causing me severe depression.

I come here every 3-4 months to have a laugh at the new “technology” while being dead sure NOTHING WILL HAPPEN FOR THE NEXT 20-30 years.. in which.. I will be already expired. Maybe dead lol.

Not interested about seeing my grandkids full head of hair. Fuk em anyway.
I think you come to forum to check if new threatments are avaiable or the perspective of it to the future. No to laught.

I'm sure any people who don't have any type of hope will not come to this forum just for fun, it is just waste of time. There is alot more ways to have fun.

By the way, maybe you are right, since nobody knows when a treatment will be avaiable, then your opinion and my opinion have the same weight.
But I really think is too hard to us to not get a new treatment in the near future.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope you guys have more options than waiting for hair cloning. 5 years is enough to go from Norwood 1 to Norwood ∞.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope you guys have more options than waiting for hair cloning. 5 years is enough to go from Norwood 1 to Norwood ∞.
Of course, hold hair using finasteride and maybe do transplants to improve / fill the hair, if it is necessary.

I think we want a lot the day that hair clone will be available as a solution option. But I don't think anyone wants to need it, since it will be expensive. Just the cirurgy is expensive, plus the hair clone, it go to the moon for sure hahah.

H

Reaction score
That is an illogical way to determine the potential and timeframe of new treatments. Today is not 2002, the situation now is different than it was then. Technology is more advanced. At some point "cloning" will be here and by your logic people will be assuming it's 20 years away up until the day it is released. People in 2002 were overly optimistic and because of that people in 2021 are overly pessimistic
I get what your saying but it's not really like medical advances are coming at light speed now. Compared to the total data we gathered then vs now you'd have thought wed be a type 1 civilization by now but yeah nope.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get what your saying but it's not really like medical advances are coming at light speed now. Compared to the total data we gathered then vs now you'd have thought wed be a type 1 civilization by now but yeah nope.
Are they not? Because I swear we just took gene editing (CRISPR) from a petri dish in 2013 to the first approved use in humans in 2018, with about a dozen more either in late stage trials or approved for special use and hundreds of other applications on the way. I also swear we just mapped a virus in 3 days and created a vaccine with cutting edge medical technology (mRNA) and distributed it to billions of people within 1 year, with HIV and cancer vaccines using the same technology already entering the clinic. RNA medicine is also being used in thousands of other applications already, including hairloss, most of which started their pre-clinical research only 2-3 years ago and are already approaching the clinic.

Sounds like light speed to me when you compare it to even the 2000s, neverminded the late 1900s.

Last edited:

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
If I may add to that. I haven't been following hair loss scene for a year now. Different health problems...
I've been following the Parkinson's research scene closely...
@trialAcc is right. From a perspective of research science we still don't know the causes of all the sub variants of PD but just a few days ago BlueRock Therapeutics initiated dosing of stem cell replacement therapy for dopaminergic neurons.
We used to do this with fetal cell grafts but this is a whole other beast.
There is definitely progress. OF course we can't claim we are 3 years from having this kinds of treatments in clinic. But given no other big catastrophes happen (pandemics, climate change issues, major wars) 20 years is definitely an exaggeration.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I may add to that. I haven't been following hair loss scene for a year now. Different health problems...
@trialAcc is right. From a perspective of research science we still don't know the causes of all the sub variants of PD but just a few days ago BlueRock Therapeutics initiated dosing of stem cell replacement therapy for dopaminergic neurons.
There is definitely progress. OF course we can't claim we are 3 years from having this kinds of treatments in clinic. But given no other big catastrophes happen (pandemics, climate change issues, major wars) 20 years is definitely an exaggeration.
It's not an exaggeration at all. After years of "it's just around the corner" you get pessimistic.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not an exaggeration at all. After years of "it's just around the corner" you get pessimistic.
I understand your point. One particular thing I think is when the clinical trials with humans start to occurs, with success, the speed to it go to market will increase alot. Since it will be a product to be used in a large scale and will profit very much.

I think the biggest/hardest step is to show the potential of the clone techniques, because it requires too many funds and no one will pay for it without good promises.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
For things like Parkinson's you can though, just not hairloss. Orphan drugs/diseases can go from pre-clinic to wide spread clinical trials and expanded access in a matter of 2-4 years. This means that after a successful phase 1/2 they can do an open label phase 3 where anyone with a verified diagnosis can likely get into a trial if they want to.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cool thing about this discussion is that it doesn't matter when the cure will be availabe. What matters is how we will keep our hair until it's available.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cool thing about this discussion is that it doesn't matter when the cure will be availabe. What matters is how we will keep our hair until it's available.
There honestly isn't much in the currently phase 2 or later pipeline that would convince me anything different is going to be available to keep your hair until something like this comes along anyways. Because of how broken the drug development systems are, cloning/multiplication has a much quicker path to being offered then a growth or maintenance drug.

Bay/KY/AR degrader are the most exciting things in hairloss right now, and even that is 3-4 years away at a minimum.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
There honestly isn't much in the currently phase 2 or later pipeline that would convince me anything different is going to be available to keep your hair until something like this comes along anyways. Because of how broken the drug development systems are, cloning/multiplication has a much quicker path to being offered then a growth or maintenance drug.

Bay/KY/AR degrader are the most exciting things in hairloss right now, and even that is 3-4 years away at a minimum.
The best we can do is use the treatments available now as we wait.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
In 20 years when we don't have a cure for this curse you will remember my name.
No one will ever remember your name. What exactly are the obstacles that you think will take 20 years to overcome and why?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funding, body rejecting treatment, failures, Getting fda approval. A lot can go wrong.
Seems like you got it all figured out, I wish I was as intelligent as you
1623694882195.gif

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride works for maintenance for majority of men. I'm fine taking finasteride until cloning becomes available. Anything else like SMI/KY is just icing on the cake.