How close are we to FUE using hair cloning?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is at least 20. This is assuming we make big strides the whole way.
No one will ever remember your name. What exactly are the obstacles that you think will take 20 years to overcome and why?
He doesn't know what the obstacles are, he just think's 20 years sound's reasonable because the 15~ before the last 5 were a dud.

Cloning also isn't a cure. A true cure can either prevent all androgen related loss or regrow all lost hair, but I doubt even that is 20 years away. I feel like you don't have a clue where science is at in terms of regenerative medicine. We're 3D printing full organs, human tissue that can functionally 80%+ of muscle regeneration in animals and already curing/correcting monogenetic diseases, but sure, it's hair that will stump humanity.

Last edited:

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funding, body rejecting treatment, failures, Getting fda approval. A lot can go wrong.
I think funding can be a problem to consider, until the moment of success in human trials. But I don't think funding is a problem that really can stop or slow down the process alot, just in the beginning.

Body rejecting is hard to imagine as a big problem, like other users said, it is from your own body.

Failure yes, that can occurs, but since they typically test it in animal that have skins similar to humans (pre-clinical), like pigs, then if a problem occurs I don't think that can delay for 1 decade or drop the process. Just minor changes requirements.

"FDA approvals", I think it should be a minor problem. Since it will have alot of money and interest involved. I don't think FDA can stay as a barrier to a big interest from people.

By the way, I said alot "think". Of course, it comes just from a opinions of alot of people (including very informated people), optimism and by checking the interviews of the frontend of hair clone. There is more sense to conclude that is not TOO FAR.

And funding is a problem that are occurring. Tsuji is the clear example for it. But I think Stemson and TissUse have enough financial partners to do the research without problem. Of course, it is very good.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Shiseido can culture cells and they don't get rejected why can't Stemson or Tsuji? Rejection is not even on the table. Funding doesn't seem to be an issue for Stemson, perhaps for some of the others. This will resolve itself as success of one company brings more investment to the space

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Shiseido can culture cells and they don't get rejected why can't Stemson or Tsuji? Rejection is not even on the table. Funding doesn't seem to be an issue for Stemson, perhaps for some of the others. This will resolve itself as success of one company brings more investment to the space
Since you brought up Tsuji, I got another roadblock. Affordability.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairclone, Replicel, Follicum are probably gonna be failures as well. You're cherry picking negativity, not every hair loss company will be successful. Is Tsuji going to be unaffordable for the majority? Of course. But you need to dig yourself out of your negative hole and learn to be objective instead of wallowing over useless companies 20 years ago. Look at Stemson, Epibiotech, Yokohoma etc and the science and funding behind them and especially the improved technology. Be a man.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a problem for me
It will be for most hair loss sufferers. I think a bigger discovery would be the prevention of scar tissue. The reason why people don't transplant all the hair on the sides to the top is the scarring. Otherwise you could just move the usual number of grafts for hairline and midscalp and then really move hair to the crown without concern about scars and do a bald fade.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think funding can be a problem to consider, until the moment of success in human trials. But I don't think funding is a problem that really can stop or slow down the process alot, just in the beginning.

Body rejecting is hard to imagine as a big problem, like other users said, it is from your own body.

Failure yes, that can occurs, but since they typically test it in animal that have skins similar to humans (pre-clinical), like pigs, then if a problem occurs I don't think that can delay for 1 decade or drop the process. Just minor changes requirements.

"FDA approvals", I think it should be a minor problem. Since it will have alot of money and interest involved. I don't think FDA can stay as a barrier to a big interest from people.

By the way, I said alot "think". Of course, it comes just from a opinions of alot of people (including very informated people), optimism and by checking the interviews of the frontend of hair clone. There is more sense to conclude that is not TOO FAR.

And funding is a problem that are occurring. Tsuji is the clear example for it. But I think Stemson and TissUes have enough financial partners to do the research without problem. Of course, it is very good.
Stemson is funded by Allergan. If what they have works they will not face any funding constraints.
How is affordability a roadblock? If it exists it exists, the cost of it is irrelevant at that point. We're debating when the science will be a commercial reality, whether that costs 7 figures or 4.

In addtion, Stemson's goal is to have the process costing around 10k;

"We're inventing as we go," says Hamilton. "We're making up the path ahead of us as we go." Eventually, they say the cost of the new cells will be similar to the cost of hair transplant surgery now, which can run upwards of $10,000.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be for most hair loss sufferers. I think a bigger discovery would be the prevention of scar tissue. The reason why people don't transplant all the hair on the sides to the top is the scarring. Otherwise you could just move the usual number of grafts for hairline and midscalp and then really move hair to the crown without concern about scars and do a bald fade.
If you were to touch a piece of carbon fiber or insulation and get grafts into your hand, is scarring a concern? Stemson's cloning scaffolds are 2mm long and a fraction of a mm wide. This is nothing comparable to a normal transplant, slits don't even have to be made for the tissue like a normal transplant, the scaffold can just be put into the skin because they don't have functioning hair follicles in them yet.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairclone, Replicel, Follicum are probably gonna be failures as well. You're cherry picking negativity, not every hair loss company will be successful. Is Tsuji going to be unaffordable for the majority? Of course. But you need to dig yourself out of your negative hole and learn to be objective instead of wallowing over useless companies 20 years ago. Look at Stemson, Epibiotech, Yokohoma etc and the science and funding behind them and especially the improved technology. Be a man.
Follicum already dropped the 0-5 topical its already failed.

replicel as well..

Hairclone beside freezing cells has nothing to offer (yet...)

stemson is the close one

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follicum already dropped the 0-5 topical its already failed.

replicel as well..

Hairclone beside freezing cells has nothing to offer (yet...)

stemson is the close one
That's what I'm saying stemson shows a lot of promise, the end of this year should be interesting in terms of what news they have for us.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson is funded by Allergan. If what they have works they will not face any funding constraints.

How is affordability a roadblock? If it exists it exists, the cost of it is irrelevant at that point. We're debating when the science will be a commercial reality, whether that costs 7 figures or 4.

In addtion, Stemson's goal is to have the process costing around 10k;

"We're inventing as we go," says Hamilton. "We're making up the path ahead of us as we go." Eventually, they say the cost of the new cells will be similar to the cost of hair transplant surgery now, which can run upwards of $10,000.
10k$ for a full head of hair?????

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
10k$ for a full head of hair?????
Yea eventually froggy...
1623923602916.gif

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am realistic
Okay then leave the site and don't bother finding out about future solutions. I am genuinely shocked as to how many people keep saying the EXACT SAME thing over and over again, "oh I'm a realist" "What about Intercytex?" "We should've gotten a cure by now" "This is 20 years away". Why do you people give a d*mn then? Leave and shave your head bald and move on. You're wasting your time reading and writing information that is literally uninformative and repetitive, absolutely 0 CONTRIBUTION to anything useful. You should open your own website where you guys talk about how "we are doomed, and I'm a realist". A literal waste of time. And you in particular froggy since I've joined the forum, have said/provided absolutely nothing useful, always with the childish questions, "Are hair follicles DHT resistant?" "I'm not going to pay that much" "I'm a realist" "How do you know it will cost that much?". Let me ask you, have you cited any links or updates on newfound science on hair loss? What contribution have you made to the people on this site?

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you on a hair loss forum when all you are negative and pessimistic? https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/la-jolla-lab-creating-cure-for-baldness
I believe it will be around 50k when its would be affordable. Just the transplant of 20k graft by itself today can cost like this and more.. so cloning the hair even if it would be effcient would not cost below 50k-40k . Plus not everyone would need it (not every person end up nw7) so its would still be small market..

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it will be around 50k when its would be affordable. Just the transplant of 20k graft by itself today can cost like this and more.. so cloning the hair even if it would be effcient would not cost below 50k-40k . Plus not everyone would need it (not every person end up nw7) so its would still be small market..
if their hair cloning works, paradoxically, people who are completely bald will have better hair because they will get their dream hair, and what if someone has bends or baldness in a manner typical for women, i.e. from the top of the head?