House Pricing Debate

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
rofl "for scotland".

and no 100K over the middle market for uk is upper middle

and previsouly -in the context of the UK- you said LOWER middle, NOT middle

I told you, your (parent's) house is higher end for your region - middle of nowhere, Scotland.

But by national (UK, not Scotland) standards, it's LOWER MIDDLE.

you keep changing your story!, LOWER MIDDLE? now you have backtracked and say it's "middle", and scotland as a whole is not in the middle of nowhere, national average is £160K, and glasgow, dundee and other big well known cities 150K is average, hardly "middle of nowhere".

are you saying scotland is the middle of nowhere, or people are poor in scotland, does that apply to northern island as well? when does this end, also where is the guy that compared kenya to the UK? or was that you?

here is the stats so you get the math, based on your area theory and UK (which I have prooved is Bull**** if you read the lower paragraph)

Lower middle £150K
middle - £250K
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/uk_house_prices/html/houses.stm <proof
Upper middle - £350K

you can't deny that.

but actually in context for scotland (which was your initial point) my parents home is well within upper middle housing market, even if we are taking into account the UK as a whole, it is still within the upper middle band, NOT lower middle!

you continue to ignore my points here

- - - Updated - - -

here why dont you look into this and reply to this

your an idiot if you think if you move 10 miles down the road you go from upper middle to lower class all of a sudden (your inner london theory)

so yeah, you are still "rich" if you are living in a 1 bedroom flat for 400K in inner london, move 10 miles down the road and you live in a 5 bedroom semi- or detached house, in fact move to almost any location of the UK other than inner london and you will be in a large house. so quit with this inner london bull**** already.

you earn the same money, why would you be "poor" all of a sudden, quit ignoring my logic.

do you not agree to this, or do you still think you are poor living in a 400K 1 bed flat in inner london. and now 350K is lower middle by these standards all of a sudden.

have you actually been to a property center, have you spoken with advisor's there, what you are saying is LAUGHABLE!

- - - Updated - - -

and to further

£150K really is the average, in UK as a whole, that BBC link is not entirely accurate as it includes greater london, the vast majority of industry analysts say the average house price in britain as a whole is £150K, this is widely accepted as standard.

and I can provides links and evidence of this, whereas you just keep changing your figures and opinions and provide no links.

here are some quotes from businesses on the property market, not some guy on the hairloss forum that knows sweet **** all called qauntum cat that makes up stats inside his head and then later backs down on them.

Halifax puts the average price at £163,845 in December 2012.

Halifax economist Martin Ellis, said: ‘Overall, last year saw an even mix of monthly rises and falls as prices lacked any real direction as both demand and supply pressures remained largely unchanged during 2012.

"but QC on the hairloss forum says £350K is lower middle?"

im sorry but I think I believe halifax econimist than QC on this one, as well as chris to!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/14/article-1671748-16605565000005DC-693_468x389.jpg

here is a graph they drew up, by an economist, from halifax.

here is another qoute from a another industry leader.

The Land Registry's report showed the average home in England and Wales worth £158,94

wow, I guess everyone must be wrong then, QC says £350K is lower middle!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Im curious... HPM, what is your first name? And can you describe the house and area in-dept so we get the "luxery"?

Pictures if possible :p

he posted a picture of his (parent's) house earlier - turns out it's your standard semi-detached.

As for the name - I have that and have sent an anonymous tipoff to the benefit fraud hotline

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
350K is not standard!!!

AARRRGH

again

£150K really is the average, in UK as a whole, that BBC link is not entirely accurate as it includes greater london, the vast majority of industry analysts say the average house price in britain as a whole is £150K, this is widely accepted as standard.

and I can provides links and evidence of this, whereas you just keep changing your figures and opinions and provide no links.

here are some quotes from businesses on the property market, not some guy on the hairloss forum that knows sweet **** all called qauntum cat that makes up stats inside his head and then later backs down on them.

Halifax economist Martin Ellis, said: ‘Overall, last year saw an even mix of monthly rises and falls as prices lacked any real direction as both demand and supply pressures remained largely unchanged during 2012.

"but QC on the hairloss forum says £350K is lower middle?"

im sorry but I think I believe halifax econimist than QC on this one, as well as chris to!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...93_468x389.jpg

here is a graph they drew up, by an economist, from halifax.

here is another qoute from a another industry leader.

The Land Registry's report showed the average home in England and Wales worth £158,94

wow, I guess everyone must be wrong then, QC says £350K is lower middle!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
HPM - I never said your parents are 'poor', just that they are not 'rich' as you keep claiming (at least by UK standards).

You however, are poor, since you earn nothing, are fraudulantly on JSA, and never have any intention of working.

your parents have strived their whole lives to provide for you - paying for everything you need, and many things you don't need (shoe lifts, £6000 for dental veneers to make your teeth look a bit whiter!) and all you do is sit around all day scheming and planning on how you will inherit their house and 'fortune' when they're gone - your selfishness know no bounds

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
we are well within upper middle housing market aka rich.

uk standards = £150K = middle market, we are upper middle market.

quit changing and twisting things, that is a fact.

also you DID say we were "LOWER MIDDLE", then backed down and said middle, while you never used the terminology 'poor', you did hit hard and made out it was even lower than lower middle. and sited area crap "you can barely get a dogs kennel for that price here in inner london" again with your obsession of inner london locations.

fact is my parents house is upper middle of the market, I provide countless evidence of this, and you just ignore it and state your 'incorrect' opinion ( and that is what it is, not a scientifical fact)

I even show links of industry analysis's, from economists in high rankings, stating clearly the average is £150K.

I think you have a mental problem QC, I keep stating the truth, then you just ignore it and state the complete opposite, re-saying the same things again as if I haven't shown you anything new.

no doubt you will twist this post and take a personal jab at me and my lifestyle, when you are proved wrong you tend to change the subject into a personal/lifestyle matter, which has nothing to do with the fact that you are 100% wrong in your housing market thoughts.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yep, personal jab. and ignoring my evidence.

what has this got to do with the information above?

- - - Updated - - -

Direct Question

keeping in mind the correct information provided below from halifax, land registry & nationwide.

The average home in England and Wales according to Nationwide is worth £162,262.

what level is my parents house, worth £350K, in the current housing market?

is it:

a) lower middle
b) middle
c) upper-middle

I await your answer.

if you claim lower middle again, you have clearly proven your mindset.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
really, 20 minutes ago you claimed it was lower-middle!

But by national (UK, not Scotland) standards, it's LOWER MIDDLE.

seems the housing markets changes on a minute by minute basis for you.

anyway that is still incorrect, and that it is in fact C, since it is more than DOUBLE the national average, which is 150K

how can a £350K home where the national average is £150K be middle market?

do you accept that you are wrong?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
no I said National = LOWER MIDDLE

Regional = MIDDLE

and Scotland does not count as national until you become independent which hasn't happened yet

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
but it isn't

The average home in England and Wales according to Nationwide is worth £162,262.

the regional average for england and wales is £150K

the regional average for scotland is £150K

here is one specifically stating "UK".

Average UK house price rose to £162,000 last year
, says the Land Registry.

Halifax said the average UK house price rose to £168,521 in March.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/7566397/UK-house-prices-rise-at-fastest-pace-for-more-than-two-years-Halifax-says.html

How can all these economists be wrong? halifax, land registry, nationwide.

they are all saying £160K is average for scotland, england and wales, and yes the UK as a whole as well.

serious QC, just drop it, admit that you were wrong from the very start, you have been shown to be wrong for the final time.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
regional as in your part of Scotland (not scotland as a whole)- whatever town or city you live in, and what part of that town or city. Prices can vary wildly within a single city

I've never disputed that your (parent's) house is middle for your specific area

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
you said nothing of the sort previously, just kept harping on about UK, it must be UK, ignore scotland.

and no your mentality is all wrong, £150K is middle of the market in the UK, scotland, england and wales.

why do you keep thinking that you are poor if you move to a different area where there are more expensive buildings? the earnings are the same, remember the belfast example I gave you? why would moving 10 miles down the road make you richer? like your inner london crap.

so if we move a £350K home to an area where the regional average is even lower, say £100K, so we are - on average- richer than other people in the area? what will that make my parents richer? its all property equity at the end, why would that matter.

"
"

hah, it isn't, its definitely UPPER MIDDLE.

my area is £130K average, how is a £350K home in a region where the average is £130K, middle market!

+ YOU STILL SAID

QC: no I said National = LOWER MIDDLE

"Halifax said the average UK house price rose to £168,521 in March."

well, the NATIONAL average is £170K!

so explain your thoughts now then? if the national average is £170K, how can my parents home worth £350K be LOWER MIDDLE as you said in block capitals.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
And now this thread is about laughing babies, who get scared, only to realize that it's funny again!!

baby_laugh_scare.gif

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you said nothing of the sort previously, just kept harping on about UK, it must be UK, ignore scotland.

and no your mentality is all wrong, £150K is middle of the market in the UK, scotland, england and wales.

why do you keep thinking that you are poor if you move to a different area where there are more expensive buildings? the earnings are the same, remember the belfast example I gave you? why would moving 10 miles down the road make you richer? like your inner london crap.

so if we move a £350K home to an area where the regional average is even lower, say £100K, so we are - on average- richer than other people in the area? what will that make my parents richer? its all property equity at the end, why would that matter.

"
"

hah, it isn't, its definitely UPPER MIDDLE.

my area is £130K average, how is a £350K home in a region where the average is £130K, middle market!

+ YOU STILL SAID

QC: no I said National = LOWER MIDDLE

"Halifax said the average UK house price rose to £168,521 in March."

well, the NATIONAL average is £170K!

so explain your thoughts now then? if the national average is £170K, how can my parents home worth £350K be LOWER MIDDLE as you said in block capitals.

If you move your $350k home to a cheaper hood your home is worth less, fact. You would have to find a home worth 350k in that location.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
HPM, you always fall back on this bollocks about about a house that isnt even yours.

you do realise that nobody on here or in the world at large will ever take you seriously until you can afford even a 500 pound a month dive on your own?

rich people dont live of 120 quid a month for food or think 70 pound jobseekers will impress anybody.

youre in for a very rude awakening one day, it might be 10 years or it might be 40 but youll eventually look back on all of this one day and cringe.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
sad that he values his worth as a person on the size and value of his house. Well not even his house - his parents.

what have you achieved, HPM? Apart from becoming the leading expert on shoe lifts?

worst case of small man syndrome I've ever seen (no offence)

and what happened to this Indian friend of yours who was going to come up and introduce to you loads of girls? Still waiting for him?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
he isn't indian, he just lived in india for a while.

he will be up soon, he is in london now, he knows girls and his girls saw my place and said I was rich so yeah.

and yeah looks like I was right all along 150K = middle market, and my parents home is well within upper middle market.

QC appears to be 100% wrong and imply ignores the evidence I provide and doesnt even backup his own "opionions" on the housing market.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
appears you are 100% wrong!!!!!! you just can't accept that you're not the posh rich guy you want to be

and why is this guy always going to be up 'soon'? does he even exist?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Average UK house price rose to £162,000 last year, says the Land Registry.
Halifax said the average UK house price rose to £168,521 in March.
:whistle: