House Pricing Debate

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes but only a little bit here and there, no where near to the extend he does me.

and its more personal tbh, at least he DOES live in a small rented space, which is true, and he is much poorer, his family home is half mine, and I doubt it's payed up.

why on the e-mail address, my mum doesnt use internet anyway.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My family are from a middle class area in Dublin, I lived maybe 10 minutes each to way to one of the roughest places in Dublin, called Sheriff Street, which is basically a place you want to avoid walking through unless you feel like get stabbed and your trainers robbed off your feet whilst your bleeding to death!

10 minutes the other way I live from probably the richest area in Ireland, houses go for around, on average, €1'000'000, to €2'500'000. The most expensive house was bought for over €57 MILLION! a few years ago. Ailsbury Road and Shrewsbury road. It's a beautiful area and some of the homes are jaw dropping gorgeous.

Me, growing up in a middle class area, our family home was valued at £500'000, as in Irish pounds, obviously we don't use that currency anymore, we're with the euro, when the euro came into the market, it was valued at €1 = 69p (Irish pence).

So my family home is probably worth near a million euro, which is about £860'000GBP, yet my family is still classed as "middle class". The reason I'm posting this is to show you perspective, HPM.

I live in a rented flat now .....

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
London's like that. Some of the wealthiest areas in the country sit right next to some of the poorest/roughest areas. Only a single street can separate multi-millionaire properties and council estates

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes but what you fail to understand is people are earnign the same job between the areas

99% of location in UK are the same, it is just these odd areas which are different a £500K 2 bed flat in inner london is still upper middle class, just move out and the place would be huge.

people earn the same as they do inner london vs. outer, they don't become poor all of a sudden.

I have tried to explain that to you multiple times.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
not true HPM

im sure peoplei n innner london get more for their dole money

yeah London-weighting for the dole - I wouldn't be surprised

- - - Updated - - -

people earn the same as they do inner london vs. outer, they don't become poor all of a sudden.

what BS - there are some incredibly poor people in London, inner and outer. Somebody has to do the sh1tty low-paid jobs

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah London-weighting for the dole - I wouldn't be surprised

- - - Updated - - -

what BS - there are some incredibly poor people in London, inner and outer. Somebody has to do the sh1tty low-paid jobs

christ, I meant THE SAME JOB.

so if you are a doctor in inner london vs outer it's the same wages.

1 bed flats there are upper middle of the market living spaces only 2 doctors could afford, most people commute, otherwise the whole system would be messed up, b/c no one could afford to live in inner london then.

so do you think firemen earn £200K in inner london, but if they do their job 10 miles down the road they earn £30K to match with the new property scheme per area?

seriously you need to read into this properly, THEY EARN THE SAME.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
HPM, you're deluded - firemen don't earn 200K. What planet are you on?

Now... can you PM me your full address and postcode please?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
HPM, you're deluded - firemen don't earn 200K. What planet are you on?

Now... can you PM me your full address and postcode please?

that was the point IDIOT!.

firemen earn 30K, so why would a fireman not be able to afford to live in inner london, and be dirt poor, cause he can only afford a 75K living space, you neeed 500K for a flat in inner london.

but the market doesnt change based on area, he is not poor all of a sudden.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
we're deviating from the main point, which is that your parents own a standard middle of the market semi-detached house, which may be in the higher end of the market for the area it's located, but by national standards, it's lower/middle to middle.

I also need your address

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Or you could spend $10.00 and shave it off or get a buzz cut. If you are already a alpha male, hairloss won't effect you. If you are fragile and beta, well I just wish you luck.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Or you could spend $10.00 and shave it off or get a buzz cut. If you are already a alpha male, hairloss won't effect you. If you are fragile and beta, well I just wish you luck.

This is only partly true. Being an alpha male and having a manly good look may make you look okay with shaved head/balding look but it doesn't mean that hair loss won't affect you and your self-esteem and you will be just fine with how you look and everything. You will still be likey to suffer from pshychological trauma and damage caused by it. Hair loss is still hair loss regardless of your looks or age.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
no Im not deviating, you are ignoring sound logic and trying to make out everyone is poor in comparison to a region which comprises 1% of the UK, inner london.

your an idiot if you think if you move 10 miles down the road you go from upper middle to lower class all of a sudden (your inner london theory)

so yeah, you are still "rich" if you are living in a 1 bedroom flat for 400K in inner london, move 10 miles down the road and you live in a 5 bedroom semi- or detached house, in fact move to almost any location of the UK other than inner london and you will be in a large house. so quit with this inner london bull**** already.

you earn the same money, why would you be "poor" all of a sudden, quit ignoring my logic.

also on my parents house being "lower middle by national standards"

um, NO, scotlands standards are £160K!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/uk_house_prices/regions/html/region12.stm

same with northern island, east/west midlands, west midlands, north west, wales, york and humber.

This whole area thing is bull****, but even if it wasn't, are you now going to say everyone that lives in these regions is poor?

QC question,

how can £350K be lower middle if I live in a region where the average house price is £160K? that is DOUBLE the regional average!

no doubt this will be ignored yet again ^^

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I told you, your (parent's) house is higher end for your region - middle of nowhere, Scotland.

But by national (UK, not Scotland) standards, it's LOWER MIDDLE.

When your parents die (or you kick them onto the street) you won't be able to spend the rest of your life living off your house equity, let alone living the Hollywood playboy lifestyle, which apparently is your plan.

Better get used to it.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
I told you, your (parent's) house is higher end for your region - middle of nowhere, Scotland.

But by national (UK, not Scotland) standards, it's LOWER MIDDLE.

When your parents die (or you kick them onto the street) you won't be able to spend the rest of your life living off your house equity, let alone living the Hollywood playboy lifestyle, which apparently is your plan.

Better get used to it.

scotland is a nation you idiot.

Scotland is one of four nations that make up the United Kingdom!!!

christ lord. ok UK average is actually £250K

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/uk_house_prices/html/houses.stm

so £350K is still UPPER MIDDLE!!!

NOT lower middle

by your "area" crap,

1. £100K would be lower middle in for scotland (which is a nation), and
2. £200K would be lower middle for UK.

in addition it has been payed up for about 10 years, we could upsize to 400K, we do own a garage elsewhere worth 4K as well.

- - - Updated - - -

and you never seem to take into account this "inner london" information I give you.

here why dont you look into this and reply to this

your an idiot if you think if you move 10 miles down the road you go from upper middle to lower class all of a sudden (your inner london theory)

so yeah, you are still "rich" if you are living in a 1 bedroom flat for 400K in inner london, move 10 miles down the road and you live in a 5 bedroom semi- or detached house, in fact move to almost any location of the UK other than inner london and you will be in a large house. so quit with this inner london bull**** already.

you earn the same money, why would you be "poor" all of a sudden, quit ignoring my logic.

do you not agree to this, or do you still think you are poor living in a 400K 1 bed flat in inner london. and now 350K is lower middle by these standards all of a sudden.

have you actually been to a property center, have you spoken with advisor's there, what you are saying is LAUGHABLE!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
scotland is a nation you idiot.

not until if and when you vote for independence - you're part of UK - ACCEPT IT!

shouldn't you be at the jobcentre looking for jobs?!?!?!?!?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
not until if and when you vote for independence - you're part of UK - ACCEPT IT!

shouldn't you be at the jobcentre looking for jobs?!?!?!?!?

I have signed in today,

anyway I see you are ignoring all my points above anyway?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
no, I never denied that your (parent's) house is upper middle for Scotland, but for the UK as a whole, it's middle.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im curious... HPM, what is your first name? And can you describe the house and area in-dept so we get the "luxery"?

Pictures if possible :p