HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

ppma

Reaction score
It amazes me how people are already claiming this is another BS even without the results having been released.

They've gone towards making partnerships for commercialization already. This won't be a cheap topical, it's a synthetic antibody that will cost 1000s of dollars. Going mass production without solid background that it works is a suicide.

Moreover, the most interesting thing is to prove that the PRLR is one of the main mediators. Supposed this premise is proven true, this opens up new research that will have much better odds to yield reliable treatments than the current approaches.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It amazes me how people are already claiming this is another BS even without the results having been released.

They've gone towards making partnerships for commercialization already. This won't be a cheap topical, it's a synthetic antibody that will cost 1000s of dollars. Going mass production without solid background that it works is a suicide.

Moreover, the most interesting thing is to prove that the PRLR is one of the main mediators. Supposed this premise is proven true, this opens up new research that will have much better odds to yield reliable treatments than the current approaches.

If HMI is a viable product for endometriosis, then that alone justifies the up-front investment to mass-produce it. And that will cheapen the stuff to some extent.

But if the drug doesn't regrow any more hair than this 'Moeman' trialist shows, then it's fair to call it another frustrating disappointment. We didn't start paying attention to this stuff hoping for another Propecia. We were hoping for some actual progress and the macaque results seemed to promise that.

If HMI is another Propecia then I'm glad to have it and I'm also really f*****g disappointed that it wasn't more. Anybody who gripes at other forum members for that attitude has no emotional intelligence. Hair loss treatments are not sports teams. It's ridiculous the way people get so tribal about them around here. (FFS, you'd think going bald would have some correlation with maturity.)

Bottom line - we still don't know the situation with HMI until we see the data results from the stage-2 trial.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Elixirs from all diseases were successfully sold in different centuries and for this purpose it was not necessary any strong proofs, it was enough to let a rumor and to cure a couple of lame koleks on display)). Not much has changed now. The main thing would be the demand, and how to divorce methods will be found.
I'm afraid we will get the same sh*t, like propecia, only in a new package.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If HMI is a viable product for endometriosis, then that alone justifies the up-front investment to mass-produce it. And that will cheapen the stuff to some extent.

But if the drug doesn't regrow any more hair than this 'Moeman' trialist shows, then it's fair to call it another frustrating disappointment. We didn't start paying attention to this stuff hoping for another Propecia. We were hoping for some actual progress and the macaque results seemed to promise that.

If HMI is another Propecia then I'm glad to have it and I'm also really f*****g disappointed that it wasn't more. Anybody who gripes at other forum members for that attitude has no emotional intelligence. Hair loss treatments are not sports teams. It's ridiculous the way people get so tribal about them around here. (FFS, you'd think going bald would have some correlation with maturity.)

Bottom line - we still don't know the situation with HMI until we see the data results from the stage-2 trial.
FWIW they did not get results from the endo trial yet. They made the manufacturing agreement after the hair loss trial ended.

Alec708

My Regimen
Reaction score
This whole thing is just so fricken crazy. It's almost 2024 for heaven's sake. What happened to all the big names we use to hear about 15-20 years ago. People like Cotsarelis, Washenick, Christiano, etc.. They were all so passionate about finding a final solution to hair loss/baldness. Did they fall of the edge of the Earth? Did someone hand them a large check under the table? The fact that we are in a time of near AGI and still using drugs from the 80s and 90s, found by accident, is just nuts!!

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are the phase 2 results that Kintor shared for Pyrilutamide:

View attachment 185845

Placebo BID was around 7 TAHC cm2
5mg BID was around 22 TAHC cm2

22 - 7 = 15 TAHC cm2 when comparing change versus placebo at 6 months.

What would be more interesting in my opinion is to know whether Pyrilutamide looses efficacy after 6 months similar to clascoterone (CB-03-01).

Once the phase 3 results are out, which should be any day now that should tell us more but for now I'd suggest sticking to RU.
The placebo QD group grew 12 hairs it looks like, so 5mg BID was about 11 hairs more than placebo QD. That is terrible compared to finasteride, which I think is 23 hairs?

Instead of cherry-picking which placebo group to go with as they did, it makes sense to average them together. Then you get around 10 hairs. That makes the 5mg BID cohort look a little better at about 13 hairs over placebo, but still well behind finasteride.

Another way you could look at is to average all treatment groups and both placebo groups. Then it looks like you get about 19 hairs in the treatment group, and 10 hairs in the control group, so you gained 9 hairs with pyrilutamide. That's better than Follicum, but still terrible.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HopeMedicine just started Phase II trials in China

My question is:
Is it possible that they skip the Phase II Trial in EU and US and directly start a Phase III trial in EU an US in 2025 After Phase II Trial in China was finished?

I got the Information that Hope Medicine will Start Phase III trials in EU and US in 2025.
But they don’t do Phase II trials in EU and US Right now.
So i would like to know whether it is enough If Phase II was only Done in China. Will the Phase II results of China be enough for starting PHase III trials in Europe and US?

Thank you!!

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Assuming HMI turns out to work in humans as it does in monkeys (I understand so far we have only one patient's results?), does that prove that PRL is somehow involved in the mechanism of Androgenetic Alopecia or is what we know from the monkeys equally consistent with the interpretation that HMI is just a powerful growth agonist and works in ways independent of Androgenetic Alopecia (in other words, would have the same stimulating effect on a non-Androgenetic Alopecia scalp)?

Is the latter true of minoxidil? Does minoxidil stimulate hair growth in non-pathological scalps or does it work by somehow relieving the deleterious effects of Androgenetic Alopecia?

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Assuming HMI turns out to work in humans as it does in monkeys (I understand so far we have only one patient's results?), does that prove that PRL is somehow involved in the mechanism of Androgenetic Alopecia or is what we know from the monkeys equally consistent with the interpretation that HMI is just a powerful growth agonist and works in ways independent of Androgenetic Alopecia (in other words, would have the same stimulating effect on a non-Androgenetic Alopecia scalp)?

Is the latter true of minoxidil? Does minoxidil stimulate hair growth in non-pathological scalps or does it work by somehow relieving the deleterious effects of Androgenetic Alopecia?
Minoxidil works wherever there is hair. It damn near grew my temple points back and people use it on their beards all the time even though beard hair needs androgens to grow, minoxidil still thickens it up

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so maybe there's some hope.

Here's the trial participant before the Sinclair trial.
1702537995562.png

And here's the trial participant 6 months after the last dose of HMI-115. (2nd image is color corrected to fix dim lighting to better show scalp)
1702537608868.png
1702538455803.png

So while I stand by that he had zero regrowth in the final trial photo, and he is still very much very visibly still severely balding in the bottom photo, it is hard for me to deny that there is clear terminal hair in this 6 months post-trial photo that did not exist in the before photo, which is what's important.

So if these photos are legitimate, it will be more interesting to see what it can do for people that still have moderate density.

But now I'm more curious to see this trial's terminal hair count values to see how they compare in relation to both these photos and to the minoxidil/finasteride trials' terminal hair count values.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh.

That's legit regrowth. It's in the ballpark with Minoxidil + Finasteride.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HMI-115 will go over optimization during the whole clinical process.

From my perspective this is nothing better than finasteride+Min, but we should not base our opinion on only one user. People differenty reacts to therapies and drugs. Some better, some not so better.

They must show much much better results and regrowth from Min+finasteride. Otherwise, must people will not bother to buy their product, because it will be expensive for ordinary Joe, and they have already cheap solution on the market.

Last edited:

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so maybe there's some hope.

Here's the trial participant before the Sinclair trial.
View attachment 186035

And here's the trial participant 6 months after the last dose of HMI-115. (2nd image is color corrected to fix dim lighting to better show scalp)
View attachment 186034View attachment 186036

So while I stand by that he had zero regrowth in the final trial photo, and he is still very much very visibly still severely balding in the bottom photo, it is hard for me to deny that there is clear terminal hair in this 6 months post-trial photo that did not exist in the before photo, which is what's important.

So if these photos are legitimate, it will be more interesting to see what it can do for people that still have moderate density.

But now I'm more curious to see this trial's terminal hair count values to see how they compare in relation to both these photos and to the minoxidil/finasteride trials' terminal hair count values.
Visibly went from a norwood 5.5 to norwood 4.5 or around that much. If this doesn't give dudes sexual sides then holy crap that's amazing. He has the option to get a hair transplant now to get down to norwood 2.5 if he wanted to. I'd be perfectly happy with a norwood 2.5 for the rest of my life

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Visibly went from a norwood 5.5 to norwood 4.5 or around that much. If this doesn't give dudes sexual sides then holy crap that's amazing. He has the option to get a hair transplant now to get down to norwood 2.5 if he wanted to. I'd be perfectly happy with a norwood 2.5 for the rest of my life
What is the point of one treatment if you must have another treatment after that (in this case hair transplantation)? All hype about HMI-115 was that it will give amazing results and far superior to those that finasteride+min give.

People also get amazing results with finasteride+min. Plus, without side effects.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HMI-115 is meant to be expensive therapy/drug, so people are expecting superior results compared to the big 3.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI-115 is meant to be expensive therapy/drug, so people are expecting superior results compared to the big 3.
They could sell it fairly cheap if they want to. If results are mediocre then they will have to