HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Phase 2 results will be considered a "now or never" situation for HMI 115? Should we keep our expectations low?
I don't see why it would be any better than phase I. Hopefully it can be an expensive finasteride replacement.

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see why it would be any better than phase I. Hopefully it can be an expensive finasteride replacement.
What is the point of having an alternative to finasteride? the only thing this looked promising for was regrowth...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the point of having an alternative to finasteride? the only thing this looked promising for was regrowth...
Some people don't want to use finasteride, it's good they get an alternative. It seems to work a little better than finasteride too, but we'll see when they publish the data

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the most hyped drug in decades ends up being just a bit better than finasteride, It'd be a huge disapointment
It is disappointing, but it doesn't do any good to dwell on that. At least we have an alternative now

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the results are really comparable to Finasteride then they might not bother releasing this drug in hair loss form. The investors are going to operate as if there is already a pill on the market that does the same thing with no side-effect problem.

The misleading data from the Finasteride trials has cost us decades of investment into better prevention drugs. If the companies understood how prevalent the side-effect incidence is in real life, then alternatives (like topical RU58841) might already be at the local drugstore.

sunlight2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, just a few pages he was vehemently arguing for the regrowth properties of Pyri.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have raised our expectations a lot, and now you say this, you are a sadist my friend
We are all disappointed with the results of HMI, but adults take things in stride.
Maybe it will be synergistic with microneeling, since HMI doesn't appear to work as well on slick bald areas

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are all disappointed with the results of HMI, but adults take things in stride.
Maybe it will be synergistic with microneeling, since HMI doesn't appear to work as well on slick bald areas
Isn't it injected subcutaneously in the abdomen? I don't think microneedling will make much of difference. Nevertheless an alternative to finasteride is still a significant win in my book, only like a 100,000 - 200,000 american men use finasteride specifically for hairloss. Vast majority of finasteride's userbase is for prostate issues alone, very few men actually do anything about their balding

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it injected subcutaneously in the abdomen? I don't think microneedling will make much of difference. Nevertheless an alternative to finasteride is still a significant win in my book, only like a 100,000 - 200,000 american men use finasteride specifically for hairloss. Vast majority of finasteride's userbase is for prostate issues alone, very few men actually do anything about their balding
Microneeling is not about increasing absorption. It even works without any drug at all. Wounding does a lot of things like recruiting Wnt secreting macrophages.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride and pyril are enough for lifetime maintance. If you value your hair (that much) you would sacrifice your dick for hair, like depressed people sacrifice dick for their happiness.

Except the main point of having hair is to improve your chances to use your dick.

llbesh

My Regimen
Reaction score
What results? Could you please share a link?
AFAIK HMI-115 just started Stage 2 trials, and you were defending the treatment just 2 pages before. What have changed?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What results? Could you please share a link?
AFAIK HMI-115 just started Stage 2 trials, and you were defending the treatment just 2 pages before. What have changed?
Nothing has changed. The results are good, but they aren't as good as the macaques based on what we've seen from one patient. We are still waiting for their hair count numbers from phase I to have a better idea

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 patients* His wife was also in the 16 person trial and he said she did not get as good results as he did (aka she got no results).

And she has no bald patches, so if she didn't improve thickness in non-bald areas, then it's not looking good. The only cope left would be that its mechanism is only effective in men, which is unlikely. But it's telling that Hope is only trialing men in phase 2 and not women.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't know they had dropped trialing women in the next round.

That doesn't bode well.

peladillo peach

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not really the case, the influence of prolactin on alopecia is much more relevant in the case of women than in men. In all clinical trials, companies are much more reluctant to include women than men due to legal issues (pregnancies...), that does not mean it doesn't work. Furthermore, they are going to start this same treatment in women for endometriosis, which in the case of women is closely related to alopecia.