Histogen Interview: Hsc Clinical Trials Update

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha ok. We're also closer to the destruction of the galaxy but that's not happening tomorrow either

The reality is who cares if it is 2 years out if it provides solid regrowth? I get people saying get a transplant, because waiting isn't worth it if the results come back crappy, but with results coming from replicell in a couple months, and histogen less than a year later why not give it time, and see if the results suck then just get a transplant till tsuji/jahada make their procedures more cost effective.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
The results from histogen are great and replicels phase 1 data is also great.

Hope they come back even better after testing for efficacy... Everyone wants to jump to conclusions that replicell will be for maintenance, and maybe it will be, but their goal was for restoration! Fingers crossed!

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody know the cost from a norwood 2-3 to 1-0
No one knows the cost.

And actually I wouldn't bet on a release in 1 year: should the trial start in June, that brings us to June 2018, then you have to collect the data, etc... Most likely 2 years is a more realistic time-frame. I swear to god, this law suit they faced, fucked us so much.

But hey, we went from "5 more years" to "2 more years". It will be tricky, but we might come out the other side.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two years is a long time for someone like myself who doesn't have super aggressive loss, but also isn't maintaining. I can't take finasteride unfortunately, and I've been on rogaine about 4 years and I don't think it's working anymore. So I literally have no treatments at my disposal. I just got a haircut the other day and I realized just how much I've thinned out on the top. I was able to kind of move my longer hair around up top and conceal it a bit but I've lost a lottt of hair in the 5 years I've noticed it going. Now I'm basically a bald dude and instead of just holding out another 6 months- a year, it's going to be two years, and that's best case scenario.

Time to go hand gun shopping I guess, f*** it.

Add RU.

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score
Have they said how it's gonna work for people who live far from Mexico? I mean, can't I take a big shot of injections or have the product sent to my local dermatologist? :( I live in Australia, I can't afford travelling to Mexico every 3 months.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they said how it's gonna work for people who live far from Mexico? I mean, can't I take a big shot of injections or have the product sent to my local dermatologist? :( I live in Australia, I can't afford travelling to Mexico every 3 months.
Easy, just wait until it's released in China, or somewhere else closer to you.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Call me pessimistic but I seriously doubt this is going to get anyone with any significant hairloss down to norwood 0.
It's a pretty realistic outlook

I think the best we can expect is to build a good foundation for a conservative hairline reconstruction with FUE

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood #0 is a female hairline. The lowest hairline that looks correct on any guy who has been through puberty is #1.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be illegal for them to ship it to a country to be used when it hasn't been approved so better start saving up those pennies.