Histogen Interview: Hsc Clinical Trials Update

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Late 2018?? Soo two more years basically. Wow, I'm so screwed it's not even funny. God damnit.

SwissGuy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mexico. It will first be released in Mexico.
AG6886c.png

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just happy they're going to phase 3. Is anything else in phase 3? The last effective treatment that got that far was what? Finasteride in 1990s?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just happy they're going to phase 3. Is anything else in phase 3? The last effective treatment that got that far was what? Finasteride in 1990s?

If I'm not mistaken sammumed is supposed to enter phase 3 same with follica. It looks like replicel may be the first new treatment available to the public

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Late 2018?? Soo two more years basically. Wow, I'm so screwed it's not even funny. God damnit.

No offense, but if your hairloss is such that a year or two is going to render you thoroughly screwed, then you've been screwed for a while.

Besides, even if you're like nw6 when this is out, you could potentially recover most of your hair. They said that the full treatment is 50 injections each. The results they had before were from just 16.

Shiseido, Histogen and Follica are all in the home stretch. Only the first two have shown much promise, though. Literally nothing from the Follica camp as far as I'm aware. It's all very tight lipped

MoreHairpls

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense, but if your hairloss is such that a year or two is going to render you thoroughly screwed, then you've been screwed for a while.

Besides, even if you're like nw6 when this is out, you could potentially recover most of your hair. They said that the full treatment is 50 injections each. The results they had before were from just 16.

Shiseido, Histogen and Follica are all in the home stretch. Only the first two have shown much promise, though. Literally nothing from the Follica camp as far as I'm aware. It's all very tight lipped

Man everything seems to be aiming for 2018....... 2018 HERE I COME!

"Besides, even if you're like nw6 when this is out, you could potentially recover most of your hair. They said that the full treatment is 50 injections each. The results they had before were from just 16."

That statement gives me a breath of relief. I really hope that's true, do you think that will really be the case? My hair isn't bad, but I'll need something within the next 1-3 years to keep it from progressing and being noticeable...and if Histogen is as good as you stated, I would be possibly beyond cured. (add brotzu lotion and/or shiseido and I wont have to worry ever again)

MoreHairpls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally got a response from Gail, phase 3 is now gonna start in May/June. She also said I can email her in April for an update.

Looks like it's gonna be a late 2018 release

Do you know how long the trial will be or an estimate from other trials?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen phase 3 will be 1 year long and it's 330 participants I think

MoreHairpls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen phase 3 will be 1 year long and it's 330 participants I think

Holy crap thats longer than I thought.... why would they say they were in phase 3 already in the video if they haven't started yet? ....If they release in asian countries, would they be able to introduce it earlier?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They'd need a year to see full results and we'll get definitive numbers based on the amount of people enrolled as well. I think they said that just to stretch the truth a bit, they never said the words "we have started phase 3 trials" in the video. That's why I waited to hear from Gail to get my hopes up.

They've stuck by it being available in Mexico first for a while, I'm not sure what the laws are in China (where the next trial after Mexico will likely start).

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This product has to eventually come out. The data clearly shows it has a positive effect on Androgenetic Alopecia.

Wish it would come out soon. Unfortunately, they're only doing US trials on women I believe.

For that reason, I don't think it will protect men against Androgen Alopecia.

Even if it works, it only lasts one hair growth cycle (two to five years).

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish it would come out soon. Unfortunately, they're only doing US trials on women I believe.

For that reason, I don't think it will protect men against Androgen Alopecia.

Even if it works, it only lasts one hair growth cycle (two to five years).

I would absolutely pay for some injections every 3-5 years instead of paying monthly for minoxidil or several times a year for finasteride.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would absolutely pay for some injections every 3-5 years instead of paying monthly for minoxidil or several times a year for finasteride.

Believe me, I was really hoping it would be otherwise.

I would be the first there. And yes, I definitely plan on having injections as soon as it comes out.

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, will Histogen be released in Mexico only? They don't have any plans for somewhere in Asia or Oceania? :(

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Two years is a long time for someone like myself who doesn't have super aggressive loss, but also isn't maintaining. I can't take finasteride unfortunately, and I've been on rogaine about 4 years and I don't think it's working anymore. So I literally have no treatments at my disposal. I just got a haircut the other day and I realized just how much I've thinned out on the top. I was able to kind of move my longer hair around up top and conceal it a bit but I've lost a lottt of hair in the 5 years I've noticed it going. Now I'm basically a bald dude and instead of just holding out another 6 months- a year, it's going to be two years, and that's best case scenario.

Time to go hand gun shopping I guess, f*** it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two years is a long time for someone like myself who doesn't have super aggressive loss, but also isn't maintaining. I can't take finasteride unfortunately, and I've been on rogaine about 4 years and I don't think it's working anymore. So I literally have no treatments at my disposal. I just got a haircut the other day and I realized just how much I've thinned out on the top. I was able to kind of move my longer hair around up top and conceal it a bit but I've lost a lottt of hair in the 5 years I've noticed it going. Now I'm basically a bald dude and instead of just holding out another 6 months- a year, it's going to be two years, and that's best case scenario.

Time to go hand gun shopping I guess, f*** it.

Man, don't buy that hand gun.

Not when we're this close

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man, don't buy that hand gun.

Not when we're this close

This close.... to what? Another delay or letdown. This is YEARS away, given that everything works just as planned, assuming they even have a plan.
Thats not what I consider close at all

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This close.... to what? Another delay or letdown. This is YEARS away, given that everything works just as planned, assuming they even have a plan.
Thats not what I consider close at all

They are right on schedule for release next year, just like most of the other companies.

You're closer to new, better, working treatments than any other balding person in history.

Stop being melodramatic b****s