Histogen Interview: Hsc Clinical Trials Update

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bags - no reason to ban you. You're just frustrated. And you're right. I didn't have the balls to ask. I just came out of hibernation after 7 years of letting this website practically die (the only reason it didn't is because of you guys keeping the forum alive). I wasn't ready to be confrontational in my first interview, back on the scene.

And I already know exactly what the response would've been. Something along the lines of "Dr. Z is a published researcher with a lot of credentials blah blah blah". The response wouldn't have satisfied you or me, and in the process, my "honest question" would've been taken as a dick move, and aggressive. So I opted to say nothing.

From another angle - to play devil's advocate a bit - (and humor me here) - the implication by asking such a question would've been that a guy who has done wrong, isn't capable of doing right. She may have a professional relationship with him, and hold him in high esteem due to personal experiences with him over the years, that don't relate to his shenanigans in his commercials. Relationships are complex and weird. And sometimes decades long. I know a couple major assholes who I wouldn't trust with something, and who are highly hated for things they've done. But I would 100% trust them with something else, because I know them well enough.

Without even asking her, I can say for certain: She's either (1) working with him because she has confidence in his skills and his ability to report accurately in this particular environment .... or .... (2) The entire thing is a scam, and Dr. Z was the most willing person to participate with her. But asking her straight-out wouldn't have done any good.

One thing I can say: I was almost shocked at how well she speaks. Its almost as if all the answers were rehearsed and memorized ahead of time, but in reality, it was all spontaneous. I think very few people can flow with sentences like those without stuttering, contradicting themselves, or making mistakes. She knows her project very well and strikes me as *highly* intelligent. Not that this means hair is going to grow.

So lets get some popcorn and see if this thing plays out well.

Fair enough. I'm just used to grilling CEOs because I've learned that, not all; but most of them are straight up Snakes in the grass.
Willing to sacrifice people's lively hoods to make a dollar. Especially at publicly traded companies. Anyways, let's see what happens....

Note for anyone who cares. I have been gobsmacked at how taking N Acteyl L Cystine has stopped my hair from falling out after 2 days of 1500mg per day. Didn't expect that. I am kicking myself for not having found this out 4 years ago!!! I honestly feel like I just bought myself a good good amount of time. If your still NW1 like me give it a shot. Nothing to loose.

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
Not for nothing but if all you need is vellus for hsc to crank up hairs to be terminal than were all gonna make it.. Follica claims to create 100 new hairs 25 terminal : 75 vellus. Wound + hsc injections and das it!

Hopefully mexico has it by 2017 year end but we shall see. Also i was confused by her saying a phase 3 in US.. Dont they still need to do a ph 2 DR study? Or was she saying a ph 3 study to be planned once they get clinical results from ph 2 DR by summers end of 2017? @Admin you have any idea to clarify this?

NeedHair101

Reaction score
Hum... you are Mexican... welll well well...so nice to meet you... how are you doing today ? .... Have an hacienda in Mexico or smg like that ? ;) I am not a man and i don t have a moustache :)

haha! I'm a proud Mexican, have a house close to Mexico City. I live in Texas most of the year. What is a lady doing here in this forum? You have most of your hair? male pattern baldness is a horrible trait to have.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not really sure why people aren't excited for this. 2-5 years of thick terminal hair without taking propecia or putting in rogaine twice a day every day is a godsend. This would buy all of us enough time for better treatments

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because it's still fairly unproven and the best results are from a fraudulent hair transplant Doctor. Plus, read the interview - naughton barely gives details on anything and says they can't test for certain things when they could (again, if they wanted to spend more time and money). I also find it a bit odd that, of all researchers, she's the one that's been consistently open to talking to the public and hyping the product when essentially all other major players want to let their research speak for itself. It could very well just be a personality difference but I don't like how she's hyping something up so much with very little tangible evidence (probably for investors, but it's a bit annoying as a potential customer).
I'm not a 100% sold on this treatment but everyone focuses on those pictures when the statistical evidence and micro photos are more compelling.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you care about statistical significance/anything else if the regrowth doesn't cause a cosmetic difference? Hair often looks thicker in photos (unless you have harsh lighting, which Histogen's didn't) - if you can't see a difference there then it's probably worse in real life.
I care about statistical significance when the statistics dictate that there is a significant difference - which theirs do.

Not to mention the latest trials will be using more HSC than ever before.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are refering to 19,4 % increase in total haircount, but 39 % increase in terminal hair for MEN OVER 40. I think it's a slightly higher for under 40.

Maybe we could go just 2 times (week 0 and week 12).
Yes you are right.
Honestly Histogen has the potential to be a good bridging treatment however. the thing is there are not many potential bridging treatments coming out before Tsuji (even if Kyocera and RIKEN put something out in 2023.-2024.).
I guess we'll see.
However travelling to Mexico even 2 distinct times for a lot of us from Europe is too big of a problem.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
@Vincent777
I guess it is doable but on all occasions I would have to travel for a week there which means I would spend at least 4 days in air out of those 7. Tough stuff. However I am more worried about Mexico itself. A pale balding white guy would stick out there like sh*t in a fruit bowl. They aren't known there for safety...

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
At first I'm very excited and saw a glimmer of hope finally but when it comes to the fact that they don't have hair count which is such a striaght forward evaluation of effectiveness I get depressed again because we still dont know if it works on Androgenetic Alopecia or not or they are concealing something.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At first I'm very excited and saw a glimmer of hope finally but when it comes to the fact that they don't have hair count which is such a striaght forward evaluation of effectiveness I get depressed again because we still dont know if it works on Androgenetic Alopecia or not or they are concealing something.
They have hair counts that have been published all over the place. They're not hard to find....

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Except for Ziering's patients, who are most often featured as having the most success...
That's your opinion. And they obviously get more press because there are zoomed out pictures of them.

The micro pictures are impressive.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know I have mentioned this in the past, and I know every treatment requires a certain level of risk some more, and some less than others. I just wanted to look at the growth factors involved in Histogen's HSC, and their relationship with cancer just to get an idea of the safety profile. I noticed this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10849325 with regards to the KGF growth factors, and this for VEGF growth factors http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK6482/ . Anyone with a pretty good understanding of these growth factors willing to chime in to put my mind at ease? Part of the reason it worries me is I have had a benign lymph node taken out from my scalp in the past. I know they have beenthrough a safety profile, but i'm assuming several drugs that have caused issuespassed these same profiles. Am I overreacting to be worried about the possiblenegative side effects of these growth factors?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Nobody can tell you Man until we get exact numbers on how many people have been treated so far, and it's probably best to have minimum five year follow-up to give you an accurate answer to put your mind at ease when it comes to cancer risks.

How long ago did their phase 1 start? If it has been close to five years, I think if we do get another interview that would be a good question.

Rumbo4

Reaction score
I see alot of people saying it is not viable for americans, but Mexico borders Texas, Arizona, Cali, and NM which are very heavy populated states. They can easily get a round trip for 2-400$ depending what time of year or just cross the border. And the people looking for hairloss usually their hair trumps over $$. I cant wait for this to happen.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Have the mexican trials begun and the licensing agreement for China which were supposed to happen before the end of August?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shall we contact them for an update?

What?! No!
We are three weeks into september. Let's please not annoy those companies. It can take months just to get the contract details right to hire somebody.
Set up your regimen for maintenance over the next years and get a hobby.

hey_what

Reaction score
@Admin , @Swoop

Per interview
" Just to give you an update: We expect before the end of August to have the final license agreement for HSC for China announced, and then shortly after that, the same for Mexico. So maybe we can do some of the questions today, and then wait for the licenses in a couple of weeks, to do more of an in-depth – you know what the business plan is for country by country."

It is end of December and have not heard any update regarding Mexico trial. Could you please reach out to Dr. Gail Naughton to see if there is any update on Mexico trial?