Histogen Interview: Hsc Clinical Trials Update

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Back in 18 weeks ? I thought the thing should work for about 2 years...

Only skimmed through the transcript but they mentioned injections every 6 weeks? 3 injections in total for best results. Lasting 2-5 years

12 weeks, not 18. Long day.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For me flights&hotel and assuming each set of injections costs $1000 will mean I'm looking at around $10000. If this comes out in 2018, depending on the state of replicel I may or may not bother. I'ill have to wait and see what the trials come up with.

resu

Reaction score
Going to Mexico is not an issue to Americans, they go there all the time on vacation or to buy drugs but they can't expect Europeans to go Mexico to get the HSC. They need to cover their bases over here too.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me flights&hotel and assuming each set of injections costs $1000 will mean I'm looking at around $10000. If this comes out in 2018, depending on the state of replicel I may or may not bother. I'ill have to wait and see what the trials come up with.

This is the reason why Histogen is not very practical for many. Ignoring the cost per session. Three sessions. 6 weeks apart... If we could go to our local hair transplant doctor or cosmetic surgeon it would be easy, but taking time off work, flying to Mexico-China 3 times within 3 months... It's not very practical is it? And the cost of flights, hotels, food... Just traveling back and forth would cost thousands of Euro, and then 3000-6000 more for the injections?
I don't see this being a popular treatment... I don't mind traveling for a one off surgery or treatment, but I'm not going to make 3 separate trips. Can't afford it and can't take that much time off work.

If it's between Histogen and a hair transplant, it's not an easy decision.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are people getting the $1000 number from? Have they mentioned anything regarding price? Only thing I remember is them saying it would be competitive with hair transplants (so anywhere between $3000-$10,000 if you get a hair transplant in US or Turkey). Can't imagine it costing more than that.

resu

Reaction score
Yes, but to get it as soon as possible we will hace to go to Mexico.
I am thinking, maybe 2 injections (6 weeks) instead of 3 + Brotzu may do the trick.

It will be expensive but no as exepensive as a hair transplant in Belgium !

But, let see. Maybe Shisheido will be a better investment, depending on the time you have to spend in Japan (more expensive than Mexico i'm guessing, but more interesting to visit IMO).

For me I always said Histogen would be too little too late, it's a shame because they could have made a ton of money from 2015 and 2016 alone, there's nothing out there to compete with them. As it is they'll still make a ton of money from celebrities, they just hop in a plane, go to a vacation in Mexico and get their treatment but for us it's a lot harder. I wonder how they'll market it initially, maybe start as a boutique treatment and once it gets the FDA approval they'll make it more affordable to the common person.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where are people getting the $1000 number from? Have they mentioned anything regarding price? Only thing I remember is them saying it would be competitive with hair transplants (so anywhere between $3000-$10,000 if you get a hair transplant in US or Turkey). Can't imagine it costing more than that.

Their own document says they want to charge $500 to the pyhscians for one set of injections. Assuming $500 markup, that is $1000 is per visit, so 3 visits will be $3000. But for anyone coming from outside the US, you're looking at around $2000 for airfair/hotel/etc.

I cant really see this being sucessful at hair transplant prices, unless they basically want just the very rich and celebraties getting it. If replicel is sucessful they are pretty much done.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their own document says they want to charge $500 to the pyhscians for one set of injections. Assuming $500 markup, that is $1000 is per visit, so 3 visits will be $3000. But for anyone coming from outside the US, you're looking at around $2000 for airfair/hotel/etc.
One set of how many injections though? 16? Or 50? In the interview she mentions the price will depend on the balding area and number of injections required?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me I always said Histogen would be too little too late, it's a shame because they could have made a ton of money from 2015 and 2016 alone, there's nothing out there to compete with them.

Was pondering this myself. What's that saying about buses...

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is the reason why Histogen is not very practical for many. Ignoring the cost per session. Three sessions. 6 weeks apart... If we could go to our local hair transplant doctor or cosmetic surgeon it would be easy, but taking time off work, flying to Mexico-China 3 times within 3 months... It's not very practical is it? And the cost of flights, hotels, food... Just traveling back and forth would cost thousands of Euro, and then 3000-6000 more for the injections?
I don't see this being a popular treatment... I don't mind traveling for a one off surgery or treatment, but I'm not going to make 3 separate trips. Can't afford it and can't take that much time off work.

If it's between Histogen and a hair transplant, it's not an easy decision.

Well I could afford it and I'm assuming that after the initial trip the 2nd and 3rd would only take 3 days of my time, however the question for me is would it be worth it. If the results are amazing and nothing comes of replicel, I may be forced to consider it. I'm also not 100% convinced about the saftey of this yet, a few injections is one thing 150 injections in a period of 12 weeks is another. Just a wait and see situation I'm affraid.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
So when Follica released what their results were everyone said that's great, but most of the regrowth is merely vellus, and unless they can turn them terminal who cares? I feel like Gail's answer that HSC can turn those hairs terminal seems big to me, but maybe I'm over confident..

Last edited:

resu

Reaction score
Was pondering this myself. What's that saying about buses...

By what she described this is more or less a next level finasteride, I need a next level minoxidil and then get the follicles immunised to DHT.

Histogen is great for people who are just starting to lose their hair, if it's not too expensive they can get their treatment every 3 to 5 years and never really go bald. This is why I'm wondering if they won't try to exploit people with money early on.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I could afford it and I'm assuming that after the initial trip the 2nd and 3rd would only take 3 days of my time, however the question for me is would it be worth it. If the results are amazing and nothing comes of replicel, I may be forced to consider it. I'm also not 100% convinced about the saftey of this yet, a few injections is one thing 150 injections in a period of 12 weeks is another. Just a wait and see situation I'm affraid.

I could afford one session, maybe 2 max, assuming it's €1000 per session (optimistic). I don't have the time or money for a third session. My budget would be about €4000. For that I would expect an increase in density comparable to a 2000 FUE reinforcement procedure. And I would expect results to last longer than 2 years. 5 minimum, otherwise I'd rather spend the money on another hair transplant

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
By what she described this is more or less a next level finasteride, I need a next level minoxidil and then get the follicles immunised to DHT.

Histogen is great for people who are just starting to lose their hair, if it's not too expensive they can get their treatment every 3 to 5 years and never really go bald. This is why I'm wondering if they won't try to exploit celebrities early on.

Tsuji would come out soon after too, so u may just need that to fill in for the nw4-7 ppl. I can't think of a demographic that isn't gonna win from the new treatments assuming everything works as they claim to.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One set of how many injections though? 16? Or 50? In the interview she mentions the price will depend on the balding area and number of injections required?

It really depends on how greedy Histogen are, if their results come back saying that 90% of the time 10 injections per session are enough you can bet they will charge $500 for 10 injections are.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It really depends on how greedy Histogen are, if their results come back saying that 90% of the time 10 injections per session are enough you can bet they will charge $500 for 10 injections are.
It's not a matter of greed, as she said in the interview, diffuse thinners have a bigger area to cover so need more injections and the cost of the treatment will be proportional to the number of injections. One session is very feasible. 2 sessions is really pushing it, and three sessions is only likely to be realistic for people living in Mexico or China, or for people who have both lots of time and lots of money. Usually people with free time don't have much money and people with money don't have free time, and I have neither!
Of course there will be exceptions, some of you will have lots of money and can take lots of time off work, but most of us can't, and the addressable market that can is small.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically, get excited if you're local to a treatment center or rich with plenty of time to spare.