Hellouser at Hair Congress 2015 in Miami - General Discussion

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I think if you go on the angle and act like you are interested in going into a similar research field like these doctors they might act more like a mentor and give you much more information. Who knows maybe all this info might direct you into the field in reality. Most ego of doctors like to act like mentors so if they get that vibe from you they tend to divulge alot more information. If you go into reporter mode, they are more careful in what they say. Who knows maybe you can be offered a job and be our "inside man" in the field of research for the cure of male pattern baldness.:) And since you know alot about the mechanisms of male pattern baldness and treatments you can impress them with your knowledge as well.

Are you serious or is this a joke?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a meeting with Dr. Claire Higgins tomorrow! If anyone's got questions for her, especially ones related to the work of Colin Jahoda, please post them here before 5:45pm EST. I've got Wifi at the hotel so I'm checking the forums as I go. I'm using Google Keep with a 'checklist' of questions to ask which makes it SO much easier than pen and paper (simply copy paste the list of questions into Keep).

I saw that there have been additional questions posted on the forums and will be adding them as well, particularly for Samumed. I'll try to catch Dr. Yazici one more time and do some follow up questions. A couple things I need to mention;

1) Much like Desmond84 last year, I am having a hard time getting a hold of Dr. Cotsarelis.
2) The opening ceremony had pretty much all the major players chatting; Ken Washenik, Angela Christiano, George Cotsarelis, etc. Looks like they all know each other.
3) If I can't get a hold of Dr. Cotsarelis or Dr. Christiano and get them aside for a brief 1on1 with some of our questions, I'm going to be forced to speak to them about our initiative and our interest in their work during the 8-9am 'Coffee with the Experts' event. I just hope they don't blow me off or anything.
4) The interview I got with Replicel answers a LOT of questions, both from scientific as well as timelines and things of that sort and also clears up their delays, dosing, etc. This may just be the best interview we'll have with them as well and luckily with Dr. Rolf Hoffmann being able to answer questions with the actual science behind it all, which is awesome. I have to say, both Lee Buckler and Rolff Hoffmann were a bit surprised to see how much we look into the science of it all, I think they REALLY appreciate our STRONG interest in their treatment. Unfortunately, Kevin McElwee wasn't there, but we got all the answers we needed so it's ok. I need to edit out an 'off the record' comment recorded so it will definitely be made public once I get around to editing the audio.

I've attended all the relevant sessions so far and one that particularly stood out was on Alopecia Areata. I'll post the audio recording with the poster of the presenter later on in a new thread for you guys to discuss. I missed one IMPORTANT question to ask the presenter which I'm sure many of you will ask about as well, so I'm going to hold off. However, I can only hope that the AA study can somehow translate to benefit Androgenetic Alopecia.

Anyway, Saturday is a BIG day for interviews, today's interview with Dr. Ken Washenik got delayed until after my interview with Dr. Gail Naughton on Saturday, so this will have to wait a bit. Essentially, Saturday will have the MOST info I'll collect. Tomorrow is a big one as well considering the presentations. Things will really pickup from here on out, today's presentations were mostly on Alopecia Areata and Morpheogenesis, but not a whole lot was presented that would benefit us other than Dr. Sarah Millars presentation on WNT10a for hair growth. Most of the stuff presented was a rehashing we already know; DKK, BMP, etc suppressing hair growth. DHT hasn't been mentioned at all which should tell us all; IT IS NOT THE SOURCE OF HAIR LOSS. It is a factor, but when you consider the fact that all men have more or less the same levels of DHT, logic says that DHT doesn't really cause hair loss.... it'd be something else, like PGD2 where ONLY bald men have very levels of this.

Oh, also, I took photos of about 30 posters on display... I'll make a thread with all of them as well. There are many more, but I don't think you guys would be interested in them a whole lot (ie; chemotherapy induced hair loss, lasers, etc.) I got the ones that are MOST relevant to us... as well as any I could find targeted towards women specifically for EvilLocks.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a meeting with Dr. Claire Higgins tomorrow! If anyone's got questions for her, especially ones related to the work of Colin Jahoda, please post them here before 5:45pm EST. I've got Wifi at the hotel so I'm checking the forums as I go. I'm using Google Keep with a 'checklist' of questions to ask which makes it SO much easier than pen and paper (simply copy paste the list of questions into Keep).

I saw that there have been additional questions posted on the forums and will be adding them as well, particularly for Samumed. I'll try to catch Dr. Yazici one more time and do some follow up questions. A couple things I need to mention;

1) Much like Desmond84 last year, I am having a hard time getting a hold of Dr. Cotsarelis.
2) The opening ceremony had pretty much all the major players chatting; Ken Washenik, Angela Christiano, George Cotsarelis, etc. Looks like they all know each other.
3) If I can't get a hold of Dr. Cotsarelis or Dr. Christiano and get them aside for a brief 1on1 with some of our questions, I'm going to be forced to speak to them about our initiative and our interest in their work during the 8-9am 'Coffee with the Experts' event. I just hope they don't blow me off or anything.
4) The interview I got with Replicel answers a LOT of questions, both from scientific as well as timelines and things of that sort and also clears up their delays, dosing, etc. This may just be the best interview we'll have with them as well and luckily with Dr. Rolf Hoffmann being able to answer questions with the actual science behind it all, which is awesome. I have to say, both Lee Buckler and Rolff Hoffmann were a bit surprised to see how much we look into the science of it all, I think they REALLY appreciate our STRONG interest in their treatment. Unfortunately, Kevin McElwee wasn't there, but we got all the answers we needed so it's ok. I need to edit out an 'off the record' comment recorded so it will definitely be made public once I get around to editing the audio.

I've attended all the relevant sessions so far and one that particularly stood out was on Alopecia Areata. I'll post the audio recording with the poster of the presenter later on in a new thread for you guys to discuss. I missed one IMPORTANT question to ask the presenter which I'm sure many of you will ask about as well, so I'm going to hold off. However, I can only hope that the AA study can somehow translate to benefit Androgenetic Alopecia.

Anyway, Saturday is a BIG day for interviews, today's interview with Dr. Ken Washenik got delayed until after my interview with Dr. Gail Naughton on Saturday, so this will have to wait a bit. Essentially, Saturday will have the MOST info I'll collect. Tomorrow is a big one as well considering the presentations. Things will really pickup from here on out, today's presentations were mostly on Alopecia Areata and Morpheogenesis, but not a whole lot was presented that would benefit us other than Dr. Sarah Millars presentation on WNT10a for hair growth. Most of the stuff presented was a rehashing we already know; DKK, BMP, etc suppressing hair growth. DHT hasn't been mentioned at all which should tell us all; IT IS NOT THE SOURCE OF HAIR LOSS. It is a factor, but when you consider the fact that all men have more or less the same levels of DHT, logic says that DHT doesn't really cause hair loss.... it'd be something else, like PGD2 where ONLY bald men have very levels of this.

Oh, also, I took photos of about 30 posters on display... I'll make a thread with all of them as well. There are many more, but I don't think you guys would be interested in them a whole lot (ie; chemotherapy induced hair loss, lasers, etc.) I got the ones that are MOST relevant to us... as well as any I could find targeted towards women specifically for EvilLocks.

"I have to say, both Lee Buckler and Rolff Hoffmann were a bit surprised to see how much we look into the science of it all, I think they REALLY appreciate our STRONG interest in their treatment." ----------- And that is really the main reason that I contribute money to this effort. To let these researchers know that most hair loss sufferers are really clamoring for new and effective treatments, despite what those within the hair transplant industry and their advocates would lead one to believe. Just the fact that you are there to represent our interests, Hellouser, is a main reason why I contributed. And you're doing a fantastic job!

It is also interesting how you say that DHT was not even mentioned at all. Those within the "status quo" of the hair restoration community are so closed-minded when they say that the sole reason for hair loss is the follicles's sensitivity to DHT. Just like they are closed-minded about newer and more effective treatments. Hellouser's reasoning with regards to this, as well as the reason of the researchers, is spot on.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think they REALLY appreciate our STRONG interest in their treatment." To let these researchers know that most hair loss sufferers are really clamoring for new and effective treatments, despite what those within the hair transplant industry and their advocates would lead one to believe. Just the fact that you are there to represent our interests, Hellouser, is a main reason why I contributed.

Exactly. This industry is a voracious cyclops whose eye is singularly held captive by it's potential profit overhead.

So while I am reminded that "taxation without representation is tyranny", I also smile at our efforts to diplomatically escalate our message to the highest command.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, thanks for your detailed updates and, again, for all you've put into attending this conference. It'd be great if you could make a connection with at least one of the participants so that when the congress ends, we can still get updates right from the source. I know this probably won't be possible, but if anyone could accomplish this, it'd be you.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

It is also interesting how you say that DHT was not even mentioned at all. Those within the "status quo" of the hair restoration community are so closed-minded when they say that the sole reason for hair loss is the follicles's sensitivity to DHT. Just like they are closed-minded about newer and more effective treatments. Hellouser's reasoning with regards to this, as well as the reason of the researchers, is spot on.

Failed Mantra

BTW DHT is one of the chapters of this symphony......

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thread has over 11000 views in only 3 days. I reckon over 200k in a month. That's a good traffic. Those researchers should be chasing Hellouser and not the other way around. Its a great PR.
I wish more of us could attend this congress, imo- its important for them to connect with hairloss sufferers as I know that these academics and researchers tend to live in a bubble.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Thread has over 11000 views in only 3 days. I reckon over 200k in a month. That's a good traffic. Those researchers should be chasing Hellouser and not the other way around. Its a great PR.
I wish more of us could attend this congress, imo- its important for them to connect with hairloss sufferers as I know that these academics and researchers tend to live in a bubble.

Hellouser, should mention this 11,000 views in two days when he talks to the researchers! That's a big audience. LMAO at that dumbaa** Winston over at BTT, that's huge volume def not coming their way. Gotta love the instant karma

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Are you serious or is this a joke?
Hellouser is a very intelligent person with a lot of knowledge so I deleted the post. My bad. Hellouser is doing a stellar job and he deserves a medal of honor from all of us for doing a job that is over the top. Sorry about that post, we can say it was a joke.

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask about the pattern. However it is induced. Be it chemo, dht, lymph, edema, pdg2 or whatever.......ask about the pattern. Why???????????

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The view count is going to go up significantly because I'm about to email our mailing list and point them here to watch for updates from the conference.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Takashi Tsuji just dropped the mic in the presentation. I'll post the audio recording as soon as I can.

Im meeting with Claire Higgins today, so post your questions.

QAC

Reaction score
Hello Hellouser. Fantastic job!

If you get the chance ask Cotsarelis about the wounding protocol. Lithium at what strength and schedule is required to accieve better results the minoxidil+finasteride? How deap should the wound be and how often?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
We all need to stop posting at TBT

Hellouser, should mention this 11,000 views in two days when he talks to the researchers! That's a big audience. LMAO at that dumbaa** Winston over at BTT, that's huge volume def not coming their way. Gotta love the instant karma

We should all to stop posting at BTT forever. Winston (and Spencer) are overbearing and controlling, and we need to punish them for it. They won't let us exchange email addresses in BTT posts so we can't arrange private communications with each other. Winston and Spencer act like they're our pathologically controlling mothers and we're their problem children who need to be heavily controlled. The way they treat us is disrespectful. And they're like Nazis with their heavy-handed censorship when it comes to which posts can and can't post to the site. They disallow any post that's negative about the way they moderate the site so we can't openly discuss their bad behavior. We let Winston and Spencer get away with their cr@p by going into their site even though they treat us disrespectfully. When we go into BTT we are in effect agreeing that their heavy-handed control of us is acceptable because we need to be controlled in a heavy handed manner and we do not deserve to be treated respectfully. If we all stop posting over there Winston and Spencer will pay a price for the disrespectful way they've been treating us.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a meeting with Dr. Claire Higgins tomorrow! If anyone's got questions for her, especially ones related to the work of Colin Jahoda, please post them here before 5:45pm EST.

You could ask her if she thinks that the accepted control on all normal tissue growth described in the link below, does not apply to hair follicle enlargement?

http://www.technology.org/2014/05/0...ycle-response-spatial-mechanical-constraints/

Because mainstream physiology recognises this external pressure based control, as having the ultimate say in any normal process of organ enlargement in-vivo. Yet this is not considered in any of the published studies about hair follicle enlargement within the dermal tissue?

So if hair scientists think this does not apply to follicle enlargement, I would like them to explain why hair follicles should be a special case and not subject to this common size control?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, tomorrow are my final interviews. They include:

Dr. Beren Atac and Dr. Lindner (Dr. Roland Lauster's team)
Dr. Ken Washenik
Dr. Gail Naughton

Any last questions you guys want to post, PLEASE write them down here. Saturday is the final day, so I will NOT be getting a chance to talk to any of the researchers after this... unless I get lucky for some reason.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help. I met with Dr. Claire Higgins today and she gave me some great insight to some things for the future as well as explained the whole 'roller' thing some of you guys had questions about. I'll be posting a summary of my chat with her later on. I've got a lot on my plate with all the content and meetings, I typically leave for the congress at 8am and finish anywhere from 4:30-7pm. Thanks for the patience everyone, sorry I can't be in 'beast mode'.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Take it easy dude, as long as you've got the info I think people can wait a few days for you to process and post it. Thanks for your work.