Hellouser at Hair Congress 2015 in Miami - General Discussion

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hellouser here are 4 questions for YOU:

1. Did you see/hear any blockbuster news?

2. Did Shiseido say they're working on a treatment using iPS cells?

3. Did you get the feeling that Samumed's SM04554 is a substantial improvement over existing treatments?

4. From what you saw/heard in all of the presentations and interviews does it look like a better treatment could come to market in the next few years?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser did you come across any blockbuster news? Did you see the presentation by Shiseido and did they have anything interesting to say about iPS cells? From what you saw/heard does it look like a better treatment could come to market in the next few years?

Kind of, there's some exciting news from Histogen. I'll post that later. Gail Naughton was kind enough to supply me with the entire powerpoint presentation she had during todays congress presentation. Along with that, I have the audio recording of the presentation.... and, most importantly, about a 40 minute interview I conducted with her in the morning on the subject of Histogen and other things. I think all of you are going to get pretty excited about it, it's pretty great stuff.

Also, Shiseido is not at the congress... Replicel's Dr. Rolf Hoffmann is here though. I missed a bit of his presentation at the beginning because I was tied up talking to Ken Washenik. I've got some notes with his meeting as well, I will post more info later on about that as well. In about 50 minutes I'm meeting with Dr. Beren Atac and Dr. Gerd Lindner. Any last minute questions you guys got for them, please post them.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Kind of, there's some exciting news from Histogen. I'll post that later. Gail Naughton was kind enough to supply me with the entire powerpoint presentation she had during todays congress presentation. Along with that, I have the audio recording of the presentation.... and, most importantly, about a 40 minute interview I conducted with her in the morning on the subject of Histogen and other things. I think all of you are going to get pretty excited about it, it's pretty great stuff.

Also, Shiseido is not at the congress... Replicel's Dr. Rolf Hoffmann is here though. I missed a bit of his presentation at the beginning because I was tied up talking to Ken Washenik. I've got some notes with his meeting as well, I will post more info later on about that as well. In about 50 minutes I'm meeting with Dr. Beren Atac and Dr. Gerd Lindner. Any last minute questions you guys got for them, please post them.

Thanks for the update Hellouser. I'm looking forward to seeing the information you have about Histogen. I have to say that Histogen's study results have not impressed me so far but I always have an open mind.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
beard

Donor area beard future cloning ?

DUPA hope for patients?

question beren lady

thanks...

KJ

Reaction score

I'm extremely glad to hear that Histogen are causing you to feel positive, hellouser. I know that you're not one to easily impress and with good reason given the amount of false promises, speculation and scams that have come and gone over the years.

It just goes to show that, as was the case with Follica some time ago, a long silence does not necessarily mean failure.

I look forward to hearing what you have to share. Thank you again for your efforts, hellouser.

Also, although I never really made many posts at the Bald Truth forums, I certainly shall be looking toward other forums for news more often from now on...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nameless - definitely hear your point. Didn't mean to hijack this thread so back to discussing the conference!

Admin

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, the Congress is officially over and I have to say that I feel a little depressed because of that, I almost feel like I wish I could attend more sessions but everything has an end. I had a great time at the Congress and again I want to thank you all for making it happen. I also want to thank HairLossTalk.com admin for all the help. A special thanks goes to all who donated a little and a lot, every bit has helped.

Finally, if any of the researchers or doctors I met with are reading this;

THANK YOU!

So many of you took quite a bit of time out of your busy schedules just to speak with me. It's been a pleasure.

Dragonborn

Reaction score
Hello people. Unfortunately I just got registered so I couldn't post potential questions. I am a long time poster on Bald truth talk forums but I'll probably stop. This forum seems better.
Hellouser thank you for doing this. Honestly.
If I may ask you some questions.
Whilst talking with Dr. Hoffman have you maybe gleaned if their protocol of transplanting DSC cells could achieve better results in hair growth from those achieved in Replicels Phase 1 trials?
Or is Replicel RCH-01 only meant for immunization?
As for Histogen I honestly think they could achieve better results than Propecia. Any inclination on their part to start their Phase 2 trials in Japan soon?
How about Kerastem they have decent photos for their treatment but they are suspicious and the clinics mentioned on their website in Europe don't offer their treatment at all.
Does Samumed plan to go to Phase 3 next year with their sm04554?
Last but not least are Dr. Atac and Dr. Lindner anywhere close to commercializationof their work?
Thank you for any info you can give.

bbbeeeppp2

Reaction score
Hellouser, based on what you've seen/heard from this years congress would you say Histogen is a cure - in that it will regrowth slick bald areas and protect against future hairloss?

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, based on what you've seen/heard from this years congress would you say Histogen is a cure - in that it will regrowth slick bald areas and protect against future hairloss?

a cure will never be find before another 20 years being optimistic, a miracle would be a treatment which works on 90% of people and with the same regrowth of the top 10% lucky minoxidil-propecia users that get back 2 Norwood levels

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can't believe I'd ever be saying this to you, hellouser, but: Great job you're doing there.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Hellouser,

please update us when you can!
I'm eager to hear all the news!

best regards

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I don't want to do jump the gun, but if they are talking about it being prescription only, it sounds they are indeed moving forward with it.

I don't see their statement the same way you do.

They could mean that "if" they bring the treatment to market it will be a prescription only treatment.

moarhairpls

Reaction score
I don't see their statement the same way you do.

They could mean that "if" they bring the treatment to market it will be a prescription only treatment.

I think they would know by now if they were not going ahead with phase 3. I doubt they would've even presented at the congress if they didn't know that they were. Most drugs that make it to Phase 3 make it to market, so in all likelihood it will.

darwin101

Reaction score
Thanks Hellouser for all the hard work you've put in and thanks to all those that made the trip possible with your kind donations.

I'm just curious though, is this the only thread where there's a discussion going on? Am I missing something? It seems very very quiet.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hellouser for all the hard work you've put in and thanks to all those that made the trip possible with your kind donations.

I'm just curious though, is this the only thread where there's a discussion going on? Am I missing something? It seems very very quiet.

Separate threads will be posted in this sub for individual speakers/interviews. Give him some to collect, review, and type his notes. There is not set time but I suspect things will be posted within the next few days.