Hellouser at Hair Congress 2015 in Miami - General Discussion

efedrez

Reaction score
Hellouser, thank you so much for the fanatics job you are doing so far, I can't wait to hear about all your findings

Btw, I live literally across the street from the building where you are staying so please let me know if you need any help with logistics around the city and I'll ve happy to help

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
Hellouser, firstly, thanks for the good work. Secondly, could you possibly ask the following questions?

CRTH2/ PTGDR2 Antagonists Reverse the Hair Growth Inhibition Caused by Elevated PGD2 Level - Ying Zheng, PhD

If not already answered during the presentation, can you ask:

Does Ying Zheng work for Allergan/Kythera (setitipirant), and if so can he give anymore info on the testing they have been doing for over 2 years and the IND application?

Does he believe PGD2 is the core driver of male pattern baldness and what do these results mean (cure vs good treatment vs average treatment)?

General details about how he went about testing the antagonists (probably covered in presentation, do you mind writing more detailed notes here?)

Can you get any more info from him, e.g. email you a copy of the presentation etc.

thedarkcolor

Reaction score
Hellouser, I just wanted to mirror what everyone else has said...thank you for doing this. I can't wait to hear what information you bring back. Good luck!

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

First off - anyone who is from "BTT" who has been trying to register here and been unable. Please get the word to everyone to put "HairLossTalk.com" in their usernames, and I will manually activate their accounts. Our email activation system is broken. This will enable me to differentiate them from spam accounts. If they already have tried registering and can't go back to change anything - please have them email me at HairLossTalk.com (at) hairlosstalk (dot) com or ... just post their username in this forum and i'll find them and activate them.

Secondly : We've created a separate forum for the conference details. I am a bit psychotic about organizing things in a manner which is friendly to future surfers who happen on this information, so I humbly tossed some ideas Hellousers direction this morning.

My first idea was to give him free reign in this forum where he can create multiple topics / threads based on logical different topics. Maybe an interview with Dr X would get one thread. A presentation from Angela Christiano would get another. And ultimately we'd end up with a forum full of interesting topic "Titles" and discussion inside each that is relevant to that topic.

Hope this is okay with everyone. I just have always been a fan of splitting things out and making them easier to find. One long thread that ends up being 80 pages long has always been the worst possible way to share information in a useful manner (just my opinion)

Still waiting for hellouser to see *any* of this so I hope it will be okay with him first and foremost.

Admin

Great initiative Admin, I think thats a great idea. I am sick of hair tranplants being peddled on other forums like they the best option for hairloss suffers. And if you say anything negative about a surgeon who pays for advertising on there forums, your posts get deleted and you go into moderation!

Anyhow keep up the goodwork Hellouser ;)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I spoke with Dr. Yusuf Yazici this morning from Samumed. A few things;
Samumed is only being trialed for men. It will be doctor prescribed only. Phase 2 trials finished a couple days ago and results may be released in January or early next year. The compound cannot be revealed yet. Dr. Wilma Bergfeld is only an advisor at Samumed.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Samumed is only being trialed for men. It will be doctor prescribed only. Phase 2 trials finished a couple days ago and results may be released in January or early next year. The compound cannot be revealed yet. Dr. Wilma Bergfeld is only an advisor at Samumed.

Sounds like they are seeing some great things though to make future claims like that.

moarhairpls

Reaction score

If you get a chance please ask him if they have any reason to believe it won't be as effective or safe for women, or if they simply don't see enough of a market there.

Did he give you any indication of how effective they expect it to be? I just need something that can turn a NW3 to a NW0.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if you go on the angle and act like you are interested in going into a similar research field like these doctors they might act more like a mentor and give you much more information. Who knows maybe all this info might direct you into the field in reality. Most ego of doctors like to act like mentors so if they get that vibe from you they tend to divulge alot more information. If you go into reporter mode, they are more careful in what they say. Who knows maybe you can be offered a job and be our "inside man" in the field of research for the cure of male pattern baldness.:) And since you know alot about the mechanisms of male pattern baldness and treatments you can impress them with your knowledge as well.

Please don't do this. Not only is it wrong, but these are smart people who will know if you're trying to deceive them. They may not want to talk to you if you do. I know I wouldn't.

resu

Reaction score
They probably are aware of black market drug manufacturers/sellers like Kane and are trying to protect their compound from being sold.

Reaction score
Samumed is one of the treatments I am very exited about. I believe that they are quite underrated. Great to hear that they completed the Phase 2 trials. Looking forward to some good results.

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser try and ask the samumed representative if they can reveal why they decided to run a simultaneous smaller phase II that focused on biomarkers... Curious to see why they became interested in biomarkers, could be due to carcinogenicity or expediting market approval through a skipped phase III. Be interesting to find out why

dupaman

Reaction score
Guys these are the only things we need to know from Samumed, Replicel, Follica, Histogen, etc.

1) IT WORKS?
2) ITS SAFE?
3) WHEN?

Try to keep it simple...

Thanks Hellouser.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got an awesome near 40 minute interview with Lee Buckler and Dr. Rolff Hoffmann from Replicel. I'll be posting it later on.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
My first idea was to give him free reign in this forum where he can create multiple topics / threads based on logical different topics. Maybe an interview with Dr X would get one thread. A presentation from Angela Christiano would get another. And ultimately we'd end up with a forum full of interesting topic "Titles" and discussion inside each that is relevant to that topic.

Hope this is okay with everyone. I just have always been a fan of splitting things out and making them easier to find. One long thread that ends up being 80 pages long has always been the worst possible way to share information in a useful manner (just my opinion)

please do this. I have better things to do than shift through 80 pages of BS

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there. I have a couple of questions regarding Sm04554:
1. Why has phase 1 been performed for only 28 days (14 of treatment followed by 14 of follow-ups)? Is it enough to estimate a safety profile of a drug with only 14 days of usage?
2. Do we already know how frequent sm04554 should be applied? (ED / once a week etc...)

Thanks Hellouser for your huge dedication !

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
please do this. I have better things to do than shift through 80 pages of BS

Looks like hellouser is on board with the idea thankfully!

We can keep this the "General Discussion" thread.

Having a look at his itinerary, we should be able to split the rest of it up into at least 20 or so threads. Should make it easier to see things by topic that way.

Thanks again hellouser. Enjoy beautiful Miami.

-B-

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Guys these are the only things we need to know from Samumed, Replicel, Follica, Histogen, etc.

1) IT WORKS?
2) ITS SAFE?
3) WHEN?

Try to keep it simple...

Thanks Hellouser.

Fortunately Hellouser has better sense than to follow your advice. That's why he's asking a lot more questions than you recommend. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

I've got an awesome near 40 minute interview with Lee Buckler and Dr. Rolff Hoffmann from Replicel. I'll be posting it later on.

Is the interview awesome because it lasted 40 minutes or is it awesome because amazing information was disclosed by the people you interviewed?

- - - Updated - - -

At their presentation they might give some hint as to what they saw in their phase 2 study? It would be nice if we get more info from Samumed. I agree with the poster who said you should ask Samumed why they're doing an extra phase 2 study? Their response might tell us something interesting. Another thing to watch for is how much optimism they have about SM04554 - do they say things that sound like they are thinking it will reach the marketplace? Do they make forward-looking statements about marketability and stuff like that?