Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

theShade

Reaction score
Well perhaps Rogaine can help grow hairs, that the new procedure keeps even after Rogaine is discontinued. Or something.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Or perhaps they are using multiple test groups, some with rogaine, some without etc; to see if combination is more effective.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'd like to ask them about the structure of the trial...double blind ? comparing with placebo ? mino ? .. would be good to know, as it would show how serious they are.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
theShade said:
Well perhaps Rogaine can help grow hairs, that the new procedure keeps even after Rogaine is discontinued. Or something.
That would be the ideal scenario.

But I doubt the validity of the results.
It was like I was selling sugar for impotence but asked people to take v**** to increase the effect.

ARI already said they are going to try 3 or 4 formulations

And in the other forum they have told them that the study doesn't include any kind of placebo, but I actually doubt that.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil increases the number of follicles that are formed in the Follica procedure according to one of the Cotsarelis patents. It being used isn't evidence of anything shady in and of itself.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about this
minoxidil works by lengthening the anagen hair growth phase
so they might be trying to speed things up with minoxidil
would be fair as long as the control also use minoxidil

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
RRTaliQbpSqu.jpg

http://250kb.de/u/100905/j/RRTaliQbpSqu.jpg

really that much new/thicker hair? or just longer? (I know the squares aren't totally in the same position, but look at it)

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hate to rain on your parade but judging from the pics on their site Histogen does not seem so promising to me.... sorry :dunno: if they are lucky the best they can do with that product is to compete with finasteride.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
hate to rain on your parade but judging from the pics on their site Histogen does not seem so promising to me.... sorry :dunno: if they are lucky the best they can do with that product is to compete with finasteride.

You have to understand, those results are from only ONE injection of the stuff. For ONE injection, I think results are outstanding. We have to wait and see how multiple injections of the stuff will do. We have something too look forward too in the next couple years.

The picture on the website is clearly thicker.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Innermind said:
Ori83 said:

You have to understand, those results are from only ONE injection of the stuff. For ONE injection, I think results are outstanding. We have to wait and see how multiple injections of the stuff will do. We have something too look forward too in the next couple years.

The picture on the website is clearly thicker.
Yes.
They are not even on Phase II and they are getting some results.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mmm... if they are yet to start phase 2 how do they expect to lunch in 2012? or was it 2015?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
actually 2013...and they are completing also the phase 2 and 3 till then ...at least this is what I read from a report made by them...Still don't have a clue that the stuff will bring your hair back...we have to wait to see some other result as they are planning to enroll over 200 subjects...so let's hope for the best !

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score

You got to be kidding me! :laugh: There is at least a 50% increase in number of hairs and hair thickness on those images at Histogen. Maybe your looking at the another website.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
tonyj said:

You got to be kidding me! :laugh: There is at least a 50% increase in number of hairs and hair thickness on those images at Histogen. Maybe your looking at the another website.

2.jpg

this is the only overhead picture they provided so far.
If this is a 50% increase in hair COUNTS and even more increase in thickness, I'm not impressed at all. Especially if the hair is two inches longer than in the before pic. =/

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you guys have a better eye then me but in the 12 week picture the lower left and upper right areas of his scalp look as though they have been shaved, but there does seem to be a bit of growth down the middle.

Reaction score
The picture your provided is only at the 3 month mark. If look at there results on the website, at 3 months hair counts only went up by 20%, or 10-20 hairs. Its at the 1 year mark that 73% more growth and thickness is seen. Mind you, this is only with one injection. In its pretrials all the subjects received only 1 injection and still continue to see grwoth till this today from what the CEO has told me. im looking to the upcoming trials.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
tonyj said:

2.jpg

this is the only overhead picture they provided so far.
If this is a 50% increase in hair COUNTS and even more increase in thickness, I'm not impressed at all. Especially if the hair is two inches longer than in the before pic. =/

lol there you have it :)

this is by no means a cure, and i highly doubt "the news" will come from Histogen.

i would have to say that hair transplants is the only solution for now, i really think in the next 10-20 years tho we will see some major progress but not a cure or something even close to it. (if lets say a new promising company will start working on fda approval now, ie 2010, then the best you can expect a product IN market in a reasonable price tag AND close to your home will take at least 7-10 years(5 years for FDA and another year or three for marketing and before you can afford it))

Reaction score
ORi83-This picture is only at the 3 month mark. If you visit the Histogen website you will see and read that at the 3 month mark only 23% improvement is seen, and only 10-14 hairs will grow in cm2 area. Its at the 1 year mark that the best results are seen with 73% improvement and almost 100 hairs grown. So for the person who posted this picture try and get the one year picture of this person and then we could judge.