Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was thinking firstly the picture showing the that guys full head shows that he has LOST hair (compare left side of fringe)
and the second picture is a magnification but where, it makes a difference if that was the crown or the temples
it would be a breakthrough at the temples and it would barely rival minoxidil at the crown

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
i was thinking firstly the picture showing the that guys full head shows that he has LOST hair (compare left side of fringe)
and the second picture is a magnification but where, it makes a difference if that was the crown or the temples
it would be a breakthrough at the temples and it would barely rival minoxidil at the crown

There is not to much info on the guy. It does indeed look like he lost hair on the left side, around patch, but gained some down the middle and the back looks like it filled in a little. I wonder if this is an Alopecia Areata subject.

I missed that the first time, but take a look at his forehead. On the left pic he has a thin wisp of hair, on the right, it may have grown longer, but that doesn't account for the thickness and little more coverage.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
lol there you have it :)

this is by no means a cure, and i highly doubt "the news" will come from Histogen.

i would have to say that hair transplants is the only solution for now, i really think in the next 10-20 years tho we will see some major progress but not a cure or something even close to it. (if lets say a new promising company will start working on fda approval now, ie 2010, then the best you can expect a product IN market in a reasonable price tag AND close to your home will take at least 7-10 years(5 years for FDA and another year or three for marketing and before you can afford it))

Yup, there you have the 12 week status. The one year update looks pretty significant, and this is with just one treatment. Compare that to being enslaved to minoxidil or propecia but without the gyno boobs or sexual S.E.s

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this will be a great product if you have mild hairloss.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The picture is not impressive at all, actually just longer hair it seems, but i am deceived that they actually using tricks similar to scam companies.. why don t they show the 1 year result, surely this 72% increase should show up in a decent picture.. and hey it is not difficult to ask the guy cut your hair to match the older picture..

when they are starting trials / aren t they they undergoing any now in the US ?

Reaction score
Waynakyo-You can vist there website and they have other pictures that show the results of there pretrial. Remember this was only a pretrial study and 11 of 13 subjects received from 25% to over 125% in growth of new hairs. The pahse 1 and 2 studies wiill take place in singapore and will likely start Feb/March 2011. They will be testing a larger group of people with diverse forms of hairloss and the amount of stem cell injected will be increased from the inital study. We should have result from these studies in summer of 2011. Hopefully all goes well.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
miozambrotta19 said:
Waynakyo-You can vist there website and they have other pictures that show the results of there pretrial. Remember this was only a pretrial study and 11 of 13 subjects received from 25% to over 125% in growth of new hairs. The pahse 1 and 2 studies wiill take place in singapore and will likely start Feb/March 2011. They will be testing a larger group of people with diverse forms of hairloss and the amount of stem cell injected will be increased from the inital study. We should have result from these studies in summer of 2011. Hopefully all goes well.
i usually save this saying for other websites but
"pics or it didn't happen"

i personally find 125% regrowth hard to believe and i have not found any other pics than the ones on their website and the one that was posted here

Reaction score
SomoneUk-Im just relating to you what was told to me by the CEO and Clinical Directors of the company. Wether its true or not, no one knows but them. I like to be optimistic and believe that hopefully something could come out of this company. We shall see in time.

wallace911

Reaction score
Shma said:
tonyj said:
hate to rain on your parade but judging from the pics on their site Histogen does not seem so promising to me.... sorry :dunno: if they are lucky the best they can do with that product is to compete with finasteride.

You got to be kidding me! :laugh: There is at least a 50% increase in number of hairs and hair thickness on those images at Histogen. Maybe your looking at the another website.

2.jpg

this is the only overhead picture they provided so far.
If this is a 50% increase in hair COUNTS and even more increase in thickness, I'm not impressed at all. Especially if the hair is two inches longer than in the before pic. =/

Looks like they have done 4 different treatments on 4 different spots on his head (drawing). Lower left would be placebo I guess ... or shaved.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wallace911 said:
Shma said:
tonyj said:
You got to be kidding me! :laugh: There is at least a 50% increase in number of hairs and hair thickness on those images at Histogen. Maybe your looking at the another website.

2.jpg

this is the only overhead picture they provided so far.
If this is a 50% increase in hair COUNTS and even more increase in thickness, I'm not impressed at all. Especially if the hair is two inches longer than in the before pic. =/

Looks like they have done 4 different treatments on 4 different spots on his head (drawing). Lower left would be placebo I guess ... or shaved.
after looking at the image adress i found this
1.jpg

wallace911

Reaction score
Guess the lower left area is shaved then!? The image is completely useless ... however upper left looks quite like an improvement.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wallace911 said:
Guess the lower left area is shaved then!? The image is completely useless ... however upper left looks quite like an improvement.
looking at the picture again and noticing it's only a 3months post HSC makes me think that it would be unlikely for it to show any results

this is the typical regrowth of a hair transplant
in other words i can't imagine this actually showing significant results until about 8 months after the procedure

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well judging from those pics, i have to say, personally i dont think histogen science will yield anything effective at all... if it wasnt to the major hype surrounding the project id call it off as scam.

Reaction score
The picture is useless. We don't know exactly at what direct points the injection were made and how big the area of the injection was. All the picture shows is a what seems to be a shaved area at the bottom left, and what seems to be some increased growth in the crown and the middle line of the scalp. This picture is at 3 months from the initial injection. And from what was said by the company, the most significant growth was seen at the 8-12 month mark. This was only results from pre trial. Lets see what happens in the next year for the phase 1 and 2 and we should be able to get a better understanding of where Histogen stand.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tonyj said:
I had a chance to look a their photos. If you weren't impressed with Histogen photos, I certainly doubt you would be impressed with Caregen's Renokin results.

http://www.renokin.com/index.php?pgname ... ub_in_vivo

I think you maybe haven't read the results well. Maybe you were looking at controls ?

I was looking at their results and they look nice, they did not at least count on the length factor, hair was cut the same length. Lot of people are impressed some are currently trying it.

I just emailed proDerm to see if they can confirm the results ...

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope this stuff is the real deal and works out for everybody. Reading the results where impressive, but the photos. I didn't actually see how they were any different than those of Histogens. What gave me a positive sense though was that these test where done on an older group; 45 to 75. The possibility is that Renokin may work better on a younger group.