Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

StartingToRecede

Reaction score
tonyj said:
StartingToRecede - how old were you when you first noticed your AA?

first occurrence with AA occurred at 22 years old. It was a mild case of AA.... and as soon as i got the injection it grew back on its own within a few months time.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
StartingToRecede said:
tonyj said:
StartingToRecede - how old were you when you first noticed your AA?

first occurrence with AA occurred at 22 years old. It was a mild case of AA.... and as soon as i got the injection it grew back on its own within a few months time.

Did you have to constantly get injections?

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
dimitar_berbagod wrote:
Dudemon

Nothing has changed regarding Histogen. The planned pan Asian release date was 2014 and it still says so on Histogen's website.

http://www.histogen.com/applications/hsc.htm

I know FOR A 100% FACT that 6 months ago, it said their "Pan-Asian release date" was going to be in 2013.

OK, you are right, I must have misread it. It now says their "Pan-Asian approval" is projected to be in 2014, and possible US approval in 2015.

But, the question is: "Do you really think that will happen?" :roll:

I don't.
Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:34 pm
dimitar_berbagod

Post subject: Re: Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen! Reply with quote
Dudemon

Nothing has changed regarding Histogen. The planned pan Asian release date was 2014 and it still says so on Histogen's website.

http://www.histogen.com/applications/hsc.htm
This a posting I wrote in another forum.
Osteoscreen was aquired by Neosil, Inc.
Neosil was then acquired by Peplin Inc. and Peplin stated they would not retain any Neosil employees. Now Peplin has been acquired by Leo Pharma!!!! . Now Leo Pharma reacquired marketing rights to psoriasis drugs from Warner Chilcott for $1 Billion and the and the trail for SHG NEOSH101 grows cold.

Now for conspiracy theories. Is there a connection between Merck and Warner Chilcott?
Leland Cross, A Senior VP of Technical Operations previously managed the manufacturing operation for Merck & Co. Inc.

So no, I believe Merck will swoop in and save the day for all their investors.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
If there is a history of Merck disappearing medicines or therapies that are disruptive to their products and profits, I don't see how Histogen's HSC therapy would make it into the market. Granted, my attitude is cynical and I'm saying this facetiously, I'm often surprised how much control large corporation have over the market.

A topical proteasome inhibitor invented by a couple of Scientist at a biotech company called Osteoscreen Texas. This company was aquired by Neosil, Inc. Neosil called the invention NEOSH101.
Inhibitors Of Proteasomal Activity For Stimulating Hair Growth - Patent 7175994 http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5643738...-For-Stimulating-Hair-Growth---Patent-7175994

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
But every time I post such things on here, I get ostracized for being "pessimistic" and accused of suffering from "delusional conspiracy theory fantasies."

Yeah, we'll see! :whistle:

That's because a lot has changed over the last 20 years. Hair multiplication was still at its infancy 10 years ago.

When something new/innovative is being developed, companies are going to fold, because they won't get it right first time round. And with something like this, it is hard to get it right first time round without investment. Which is why it may seem that all these start up biotechs are just milking money out of their investors.

That's why people argue that point.

Given the amount of competition out there for this technology, the pressure is on for one of these companies to make it. And whoever makes it first will be mega rich.

Furthermore, I think Dr Gho already has an ACell type HM offered as a procedure for FUE.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oknow said:
dudemon said:
But every time I post such things on here, I get ostracized for being "pessimistic" and accused of suffering from "delusional conspiracy theory fantasies."

Yeah, we'll see! :whistle:

That's because a lot has changed over the last 20 years. Hair multiplication was still at its infancy 10 years ago.

When something new/innovative is being developed, companies are going to fold, because they won't get it right first time round. And with something like this, it is hard to get it right first time round without investment. Which is why it may seem that all these start up biotechs are just milking money out of their investors.

Given the amount of competition out there for this technology, the pressure is on for one of these companies to make it. And whoever makes it first will be mega rich.

Furthermore, I think Dr Gho already has an ACell type HM offered as a procedure for FUE.

IMO:
ACELL = :jackit:
Dr Gho = :jackit:
HM (and all the hair stem cell regeneration companies) = :jackit:

Has Dr Gho technique proven to be a scam?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
dudemon said:
Oknow said:

IMO:
ACELL = :jackit:
Dr Gho = :jackit:
HM (and all the hair stem cell regeneration companies) = :jackit:

Has Dr Gho technique proven to be a scam?
most reputable doctors have discredited him

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudemon, new things come out. It happens. If there was a Hair Loss Talk in the 90's you'd have been claiming Propecia would never be released.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
terrapin12 said:
Dudemon, new things come out. It happens. If there was a Hair Loss Talk in the 90's you'd have been claiming Propecia would never be released.

lol

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
terrapin12 said:

Did you know that Propecia (Finasteride) had already been used for DECADES to treat older men with prostate problems before it was ever scientifically discovered to have an effect on hairloss? And did you know it was only by accident that it was found to have an effect on hairloss?
tell that to bryan and see what he has to say ;-)
minoxidil was an accidental discovery but not finersteride

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The results so far seem to put this procedure on par with a traditional hair transplant which was predicted and to be expected, like any new technology in it's infancy. While some may be encouraged that "progress" is being made, I know better that it won't evolve into what it is intended to be (a cure, ie. from slick bald to full head) until I'm in a retirement home if I even make it that far. So as far as hope goes, I have none. Dudemon is right, for the most part.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
somone uk said:
tell that to bryan and see what he has to say ;-)
minoxidil was an accidental discovery but not finersteride

Oh, Ok, perhaps I have my facts wrong. But, I dunno, I thought Propecia was an offshoot from Proscar which had been used for decades for prostate issues, prior to 1997-8 when Propecia was released specifically to treat male pattern baldness.
he specifically mentions it in his signature
dudemon said:
RE: Byran
I cannot (or will not) engage in conversation with that guy regarding anything! He knows it all ... I mean he knows it ALL! Everything you say to him is automatically wrong know matter what it is.

(BTW, I don't hold anything against him, he's really a just typical HairLossTalk.com member! ... :mrgreen:)
i wouldn't say he's typical, i don't usually see any posters that make a claim and cite it
with a topic where there is so much bs it's refreshing to see someone who can do that

T

TravisB

This Histogen ReGenica is promising, I see they are updating their page since 2007 to this day. I wonder it will regrow hair on a bald scalp (peach fuzz)? We'll see if they release it in 2014 in Asia. BTW. Where do you see on their website that they plan to release it in 2014?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
So, IMO, we are no closer to a cure for male pattern baldness than we were 10 years ago. And in 5 years, in 2016, they will be saying the "possible release date will be in 2019."

:agree:

T

TravisB

No, this is a quote from their website from April 2008:

"Histogen's injectable for hair growth will begin clinical trials in late 2008, with product launch planned for 2015. Data will be presented at International Investigative Dermatology 2008, taking place May 14-17, 2008 in Kyoto, Japan."

So, I don't see where where did they delayed the release date, and I don't even know dudemon from where have you got this 2014 date?. They already published data from successful clinical trials in 2009 and 2010 along with photos, and recently they won patent ruling, so it seems they are constantly moving forward.
To me, they are different from other companies, because they seem to know what they're doing, and they gave concrete release year - 2015, instead of standard talk "maybe in 5 - 10 years". I have my hope in them. Will they delay it further - this is still to be seen.

re22

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here, although I've been following this forum and the science behind this for a while. Pretty exciting stuff.

dudemon said:
You do realize that back in 2008 they were saying "2010-2012" as a possible release date? And back in 2010 it became 2013 ... now were on to 2014.

It seems to me that, as each year passes, the release date keeps getting pushed further into the future. But, it always stays at least 3 years away. IMO, this is no different than the "3 to 5 years away" BS they've been pumping us with for more than a decade now.

Like another poster said in another thread in this section, they say the same thing about cures for cancer and AIDS; that "a cure is 5 to 10 years away." And we've all seen how the medical community has been spewing that garbage for a half a century now.

So, IMO, we are no closer to a cure for male pattern baldness than we were 10 years ago. And in 5 years, in 2016, they will be saying the "possible release date will be in 2019."

You have said this about twenty times already, the point has been made. You are like a four year old child who believes the only way to get people to listen to you is by stomping your feet and screaming something over and over again at the top of your lungs. Come up with some new comments to reply with.

Pacman

Reaction score
Hair multipication and using advanced genetics is the only real hope for baldness.

It just seems way to good to be true though. Im 22 now. To be honest, I would be grateful for it in my 40s, in 20 years from now. Id prefer to earlier, but would still be nice to have hair from my 40s onwards.

50s would be nice to, hell even later, it would be a nice novelty.

But the real kick in the teeth is that it matters most around now. From around 20 to 40. Thats when you get most of the pussy. When you want to find a wife. Thats when hair really matters.