Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
"Omfg, $1000 for one injection? It's hell of a lot more expensive than growth hormone! Have they estimated how many we need?'

Most likely multiple injections. The one injection used in phase one in an area of the scalp was used to compare the area of the scalp not injected. Apparently, the one injection also had a smaller effect on the rest of the scalp. This is based on the picture and the layout of the injection areas of the scalp. Someone posted the pics here in this thread. Unless they have an enhanced serum in mind, one injection will produce results, just not good or great results.

As far as cost, just watch for dermatologist and other trichologist to increase their margins because of high demand. The procedure may very will cost more than $1000.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't see $1k for an injection bad
look how much people spend on hair transplants

i could really see a model based on an original Repair injection then for there to be annual maintenance injections

Ende

Reaction score
$1000 for one injection is INSANE, but I would still pay if it was effective ;)

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for chiming in so late. I vowed to not come onto this site for a year but that didn't happen. Where is everyone getting this 1K per injection figure?

Are there any new updates? From they're website, it doesn't seem like that have any results posted yet or even phase II complete.

Sorry if this has been discussed.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Kube8 said:
Sorry for chiming in so late. I vowed to not come onto this site for a year but that didn't happen. Where is everyone getting this 1K per injection figure?

Are there any new updates? From they're website, it doesn't seem like that have any results posted yet or even phase II complete.

Why did you vow not to come on this site for a year? Was it because you were spending too much time worrying about hair loss?

Cause that's how I feel. I noticed that I spend the better part of most days researching this damn depressing topic. I know guys who are balding and they honestly dont give a f**k, just keep living their lives and go about their merry way. Sometimes I wish I were like that.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
wendal said:
Kube8 said:

Why did you vow not to come on this site for a year? Was it because you were spending too much time worrying about hair loss?

Cause that's how I feel. I noticed that I spend the better part of most days researching this damn depressing topic. I know guys who are balding and they honestly dont give a f**k, just keep living their lives and go about their merry way. Sometimes I wish I were like that.

Well I I said I would not come back for a year because i kept getting my hopes up. Intercytex, aderans, histogen, acell, etc and there was NEVER any new information or results. Everyone is just droning on about if and when it will be successful... speculating about results, price, etc. I just got tired of NO new information.... I'm not sure how long I lasted, but it was definitely several months.

I take propecia and I have maintained most of my hair... though it's getting a little unmanageable now that it's getting thinner, but I'm 35 and I should NOT complain. There are many guys who are way worse off. My hairline is getting higher but i'm still relatively hot lol.

So yeah, that's the main reason. too much obsessing and discouraging information. BUT I'd shell out 1000 big ones if i could have hair like a 10 year old again lol. was just wondering what the status was.

cheers and good luck :)

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
somone uk said:

i could really see a model based on an original Repair injection then for there to be annual maintenance injections

Cheaper for those paying in pounds.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
somone uk said:

not likely, price discrimination is a b**ch
we would probably pay £800 where the us will pay $1000
but £800 is about $1300

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is useless topic too...I mean they have to develop something to put on market...and after that they will make the price...I am sure that I 've hear that a treatment will cost soemthing 4000-5000 dollars for the all balding area and it will last some years or so...

Ende

Reaction score
tonyj said:
Most likely multiple injections. The one injection used in phase one in an area of the scalp was used to compare the area of the scalp not injected. Apparently, the one injection also had a smaller effect on the rest of the scalp. This is based on the picture and the layout of the injection areas of the scalp. Someone posted the pics here in this thread. Unless they have an enhanced serum in mind, one injection will produce results, just not good or great results
Fortunately, doses are studied further in Phase 2. One injection may be a lot more effective when it comes to the final product.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry however anyone who is complaining about price should seriously stfu. We need a product with little to no sides which will effectively help combat hair loss. Heck even if this procedure ends up costing 25k, so what? If you truly want something you find a way to make it happen.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
If there's ever a cure that would give me all or at least most my hair back, I'd pay $200,000 if need be. I'm not rich and I dont know where or how I'd get the money but by god I would.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
somone uk said:
Oknow said:
[quote="somone uk":2fkzwzh0]i wouldn't see $1k for an injection bad

not likely, price discrimination is a b**ch
we would probably pay £800 where the us will pay $1000
but £800 is about $1300[/quote:2fkzwzh0]

It's all relative though.

People's salary in the US are the same as ours here monthly, just that they deal with dollars and pounds. So technically, we pay less.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble reading complaints about a 1,000 dollar price tag to keep your hair. I'd pay a LOT more than that.

Much like my vision going sour due to age and computer use, it has no pricetag and the cheap $500 laser eye surgery available today albeit makes me happy, I wouldnt ever dream about being angry at a price slightly or significantly higher for something that affects MY BODY AND HEALTH. These things have no pricetag. We should be thankful to be so lucky that advancements are being made.

I do hope that these procedures give permanent changes to the hair follicles, my hairline has receded and im thinning up top and for now I will have to try some topical remedies (am not willing to take the risks of propecia and potential permanent sexual dysfunction).

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
hellouser said:
I'm having trouble reading complaints about a 1,000 dollar price tag to keep your hair. I'd pay a LOT more than that.
If I understant well the situation, we talk about a, yet to be confirmed, 1000 U.S. dollars price tag per injection, and an unknown number of injections to achieve hair restoration.

This has the potential to be as cheap as $1000 or way more than $100000 for full hair restoration in NW6+ cases; it depends on so many things.

Rnz

Reaction score
Is there any proof that Histogen actually works?

Cause otherwise its a discussion about pricing without the product :(

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Rnz said:
As of now no, there is nothing concrete. There is certainly research underway but at the level of marketed products it is just vaporware; as with everyone else in this race of course.

Rnz said:
Cause otherwise its a discussion about pricing without the product :(
Haven't you ever heard of the word "despair"?

Rnz

Reaction score
Vox said:
Haven't you ever heard of the word "despair"?

I know, despair sucks. I'm losing hair and will probably start taking finasteride soon since I couldn't find anything better :/

With all the advances in medicine, there is no real cure for any medical condition. The only exceptions are antibiotics that cure the infection and some surgeries that remove the problematic tissue.

Diabetics take insulin, ppl with high blood pressure take their drugs until they die and we are stuck with finasteride crap.

I hope that I'm wrong and something comes up but with so many unsolved problems for so long, it doesnt look good.

Just wanted to let it out, feeling a bit better now :)

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Rnz said:
With all the advances in medicine, there is no real cure for any medical condition.
I hope that I'm wrong and something comes up but with so many unsolved problems for so long, it doesnt look good.
Well, you need to put things into perspective. The unit of measurement for the great medical advances is still the decade while the unit for the history of the human species is one thousand years. :) So there is hope, especially for those believing in reincarnation. :punk:

Rnz said:
Just wanted to let it out, feeling a bit better now :)
You did the right thing. :)

You can though consider yourself lucky since there is something to at least slow down or even stop hair loss. This buys you time until something better comes out. My generation had to really suffer hair loss and just go bald. There was nothing at that time.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vox said:
Rnz said:
As of now no, there is nothing concrete. There is certainly research underway but at the level of marketed products it is just vaporware; as with everyone else in this race of course.

Well it would be vaporware right now, it is being developed. If Histogen get past phase 2; which they are currently undergoing now, then they have a good chance on winning the race.

Furthermore, unlike previous products, HSC has been tested and grows hair on the actual human scalp, as opposed to mice. So yes it does work, but it needs to be optimized, which is the whole point of the phase 2 trials.