Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 35 and unless something happens in the next five or so years, I'll probably be old by the time any kind of cure sees the light of day.

My hairloss is not that bad and I only recently started diffuse thinning about a year ago. I had nice thick full head of hair all the way til I was 34 years old and I should be greatful about that, as many on here started losing it in their teens and early twenties.

The sucky thing is, I didnt live my younger years to my full potential. I didnt have hairloss but had all sorts of other insecurities. And now that I've matured and grown out of those insecurities, I have a whole new problem. I feel like I f**ked myself more than anything.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok regardless of all the speculation about release dates and cost and all that nonsense. Does anyone know what the status is on their Phase II trials?

re22

Reaction score
I think you sound like an obese woman, one that is probably bald no less. Most of your posts have this presumptuous nature about them that do nothing but satisfy some self-serving cynicism you wish to force down everyone's throat. It's possible to be pragmatic in judging these treatments without making baseless, fastidious remarks about how they aren't going to work before we even know how successful they have (or haven't) been with their procedures. I'm not here to argue with you, but there's no way to prove whether you, or anyone else, are right or wrong unless we look back at these posts retrospectively. Right now you're just arguing metaphysics.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
ok the last 2 pages or so is a drift away from the topic. what is the latest on Histogen guys???

re22

Reaction score
A transcript from the ISHRS meeting was released that has the highlights of Histogen's presentation. They didn't really say anything that wasn't already known about the HSC, although they did bring up something about a new separate product to help with transplants. It starts at around page 26.

http://www.scribd.com/Doctor/67052977/ISHR ... aska-Final

There's supposed to be a new interview with Craig Ziering or some other Histogen representative coming out in the coming weeks, so that may provide some updates on how the Phase II trials are going.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks re22, i really appreciate you telling me this because ive hada transplant years ago and was hoping this would work for me if it does happen

oh ok just read it, so they are also working out how they would use it with a transplant surgery. i thought they experimented injecting it on patients with transplants.

re22

Reaction score
From what I've read about it, previous hair transplants shouldn't affect the efficacy of the injection should it be released.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks re22, as much as i regret my hair transplant, if there was a solution that can produce enough hair to cover it, it would be a dream come true.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I suppose that doesn't look good but I think it may have bee kind of premature to set up a timeline that may not work to begin with.

*waits for dudemon to say I told you so.

T

TravisB

I don't know what to think about it. It's strange that some Japanese doctor is offering HSC now. It was at least 5 years away from the market, and he would got it now? And he's charging sh*tload of money for it, when it's not even tested properly. There are trials in Asia, but not in Japan. I've got a feeling that it's a scam.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a scam, i dont think this japanese "doctor" has histogen. it's not available to be treated outside of the trials.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Histogen removed the timeframe from their website about 3 months ago and Dudemon (I think) pointed it out then...

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that a Dr in Japan is treating patients (outside of Histogens oversight) with HSC is nuts. Histogen's future success is highly dependant on HSC. They've invested millions in developing it, setting up clinical trials and protecting thier coveted asset. Why on earth would they let it out into the general population ? That would be a reckless and suicidal business move. It didn't happen - it's nothing more than an internet rumor.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
lol with all due respect, read what you posted...

No reputable pharma company charges for a trial. whomever this guy went to, he was obviously taken for a ride by the "doctor" claiming to work with histogen

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
True; and they also wouldn't be able to talk about the results so openly on a forum, as they would have signed an NDA. You can't let your pessimism nullify critical reasoning skills ;)

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Histogen hasn't gone into any partnerships with anyone, so essentially that Akai clinic is a scam.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how gullible is everyone here
(tip you are gullible if you belived for a second that guy in japan is selling histogen)

maybe it's a good idea to inform histogen, it's technically counterfeiting

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
maybe it's a good idea to inform histogen, it's technically counterfeiting

Very good idea, I will give them a buzz on Monday and hopefully get through.

To your other point I also agree.. This is a very emotional subject and people really need to do further investigating and excerize common sense before going off the deep end with rants...