Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really understand that poll. So 25 guys on here clicked that they would allow themselves to be fully feminized if it meant to get a full head of hair back? What??

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really understand that poll. So 25 guys on here clicked that they would allow themselves to be fully feminized if it meant to get a full head of hair back? What??
I don't believe that the poll has much scientific or statistical significance except as a snap-shot of where people stood when I commenced the thread without most of them really knowing all that much about HRT and its sides. What I do think that it shows is that many men and boys appear to be much more open nowadays to using HRT for hair purposes only. All of the finasteride and min deriders paradoxically probably push people towards HRT.

Even in the last nine months or whatever, I think that attitudes related to HRT have changed due to the systematic failure of the market place to find any new solutions for men since Reductase Inhibitors and really none, that promote regrowth over maintenance. If an XY wants to wear his hair long and have it look decent as in high school, say, then this is it in terms of potential options and it works all but perfectly for maintenance also.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey,

What are you thoughts about non-hormonal treatments for men and especially what do you think of massage and micro-needling in terms of hair regeneration?

Scalp massages do have data backing them up as being at least statistically significant in terms of effectiveness. Combined with derma-rolling, maybe just a few minutes a day might help but if we are talking about Rob's massages, well, they simply require too much time to do for virtually everyone. Maybe if someone massaged always when doing something mindless one might reach hair regrowth nirvana but Rob estimates that you need to do the equivalent of 41 minutes a day of his massages, if I understand correctly. He is much less cogent about his "own" method that he is when he writes about essentially everything else.

Anyway both micro-needling and scalp massage can have positive effects on hair loss but the effort required for maintenance using these techniques without at least finasteride is likely to be prohibitive and the results from massage statistical testing were significant but not that great pictorally in terms of hair growth/regrowth, if I recall correctly.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continuing....

I can't recommend any mechanical methods to people who refuse to use some form of AA. It's just a waste of time otherwise. There is nothing here for you, in either massages or micro-needling functionally, I promise unless you have severe scarring from a hair transplant or just a small area that you are focusing on. Estrogen also promotes scar and wound healing and skin regeneration so guys are just fucked hair-wise in general since hair does come out of skin and all. I had amazing parental hair genes and great hair as a teenager but it didn't save me nor did any of the traditional "male" meds except for oral min which is actually pretty new in terms of usage and availability although I think that Loniten has always been quietly available. People were worried in the olden days about the blood pressure effects of two percent minoxidil which can be too much for some users to tolerate.

There's Keto which works much better for men seemingly than women because of the male harsh scalp environment. Current research indicates that just by managing inflammation that one might avoid excessive hair loss so that should be an exciting topic for XY's but again that's maintenance. Nothing tends to grow hair for people who are balding and chemically male, FtM's included except for oral min so when I hear guys emphatically state no to oral minoxidil and oral finasteride or even topical finasteride, I know that they are just spinning their wheels and wasting time. Especially for older guys, nothing works except for HRT and perhaps oral min for substantial regrowth. Nothing, that is in terms of cosmetic significance. Young guys might substantially improve but often nobody thinks those guys are even losing their hair yet and that was my case at 20. You could only see an incipient bald sport from on top, not really visible when my hair was dry but I knew.

Without min or finasteride, none of the other hormonal meds for males work well enough to be worth the time and effort except for obsessive types. Take a look at some proudly posted CB and RU hair "improvement" pics and see if you think that it is ever cosmetically significant. Not likely, if neither min nor finasteride can achieve that. And if you think your hair looks fine in certain mirrors, yes, that is true and it means that you are going bald since non-balding people don't fear mirrors or cameras. Sorry but most of you guys looking for non-hormonal/non-feminizing solutions are wasting your time in terms of promoting attractiveness even if they do grow (some) hair.

Not many people have come even close to working as many hair regrowth/maintenance angles as I have and I had great maintenance for close to 30 years but never any regrowth or visible improvement in hair texture or anagen or ability to wear my hair long without it looking hobo-ish. I have posted all of the the pics either on here on this thread or here:

Most people only think about the temples and crown but I had diffuse thinning everywhere and it is amazing now in retrospect to see how much of my regrowth has been in front of the ears but below the temples out to the sideburns. I knew that it had thinned in front of the ears and more so on the right side of my head but those side areas became just as much of a problem for me eventually as the more traditional male pattern baldness spots and it makes a huge difference for diffuse thinners, this regrowth on the sides that most of you don't even realize is balding or at least not the extent of it. I wish that I could be more sanguine but that's the way that I see it and I would love to be proven wrong by even one male XY but that isn't going out on a limb much.

Goddess bless,
Janey

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do about my crown, it is a diffuse mess, temples are fine, my hair loss has accelerated massively in the past 4 or so weeks, lots of hair coming out in pull tests. Im terrified of needing to start estradiol but im running out of options. I thought i could try estriol but a member said he was taking 12mg a day and saw little benefit.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do about my crown, it is a diffuse mess, temples are fine, my hair loss has accelerated massively in the past 4 or so weeks, lots of hair coming out in pull tests. Im terrified of needing to start estradiol but im running out of options. I thought i could try estriol but a member said he was taking 12mg a day and saw little benefit.
sh*t and you have a very fine protocol. Let me think and let's discuss further what you might be willing to do and what is off the table maybe tomorrow afternoon. I have a couple of zoom doctor's appointments before that. We will figure out something.

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that it's not a shed?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that with Covid finally lifting that folks will actually be trying to meet people and do things out of the house. I think that's healthy and probably a lot of gloom and doom will lift among many on here. I am having some minor surgery done today so I will have to see but I might still need a break to heal my vocal apparatus before I make my debut more or less, in the real world.

Good hair to all and everybody try to find somebody to love and if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Best,
Janey

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey, do you have any pics of your complete shed to baldness? It would be interesting to see that compared to your baseline. A lot of people on the forums lately have been complaining about shedding, and you could probably spread some real light on the matter.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey, do you have any pics of your complete shed to baldness? It would be interesting to see that compared to your baseline. A lot of people on the forums lately have been complaining about shedding, and you could probably spread some real light on the matter.
I do in fact and I recently posted them on page 53 after someone requested to see if it was really possible to have an entire crown fill in. Also here are a representative sample with running commentary. Thanks for asking:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry for the long response times but I have been in the hospital and I have been sort of in and out of it, feeling a bit weak still. If folks can re-submit questions, that will be helpful to me in catching up.

Goddess bless,
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Zen of Fight Club: Listen to the man with the perfect hair wish to be plain....

"Now imagine your pain, your pain, itself is a white ball of healing light.... I don't think so!"

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

"Only after disaster, can we be resurrected; it's only after you've lost everything, that you are free to do anything.... Nothing is static; everything is evolving; everything is falling apart...." You have to realize that someday you will die; until you know that, you are useless. I say you have to give up; evolve and let the chips fall where they may.

"I want you to hit me as hard as your can".

"Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first night, then you have to fight.

Signed,
Tyler

Last edited:

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey @janey
The Zen of Fight Club: Listen to the man with the perfect hair wish to be plain....

"Now imagine your paint, your pain, itself is a white ball of healing light.... I don't think so!"

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

"Only after disaster, can we be resurrected; it's only after you've lost everything, that you are free to do anything.... Nothing is static; everything is evolving; everything is falling apart...." You have to realize that someday you will die; until you know that, you are useless. I say you have to give up; evolve and let the chips fall where they may.

"I want you to hit me as hard as your can".

"Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first night, then you have to fight.

Signed,
Tyler

hey Janey! I'm new here :)

i am currently on finasteride 1.25mg and oral minoxidil 7.5mg daily. and keto 2% for about a month. I've been on finasteride for almost 10 months, and OM a little over 3 months. (7.5mg for about 3 weeks)
i'm 20, and started noticing some thinning around 18-19. I don't have any hairline recession, only some early diffuse thinning over my whole scalp. lately I've been having some itching, I wanted to know if OM can be the cause of that... and what else can I do to get rid of the inflammation and itchiness.. (like dutasteride for example..) I'm planing on starting dutasteride .5mg as soon as I run out of finasteride.

i also wanted to know what would you add to my regiment (hrt). I don't want any feminizing effects... or as least as possible. remember, my thinning is really mild, no one could tell it's happening besides me. I was thinking of cycling estriol, one month on one month off.
thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey @janey

hey Janey! I'm new here :)

i am currently on finasteride 1.25mg and oral minoxidil 7.5mg daily. and keto 2% for about a month. I've been on finasteride for almost 10 months, and OM a little over 3 months. (7.5mg for about 3 weeks)
i'm 20, and started noticing some thinning around 18-19. I don't have any hairline recession, only some early diffuse thinning over my whole scalp. lately I've been having some itching, I wanted to know if OM can be the cause of that... and what else can I do to get rid of the inflammation and itchiness.. (like dutasteride for example..) I'm planing on starting dutasteride .5mg as soon as I run out of finasteride.

i also wanted to know what would you add to my regiment (hrt). I don't want any feminizing effects... or as least as possible. remember, my thinning is really mild, no one could tell it's happening besides me. I was thinking of cycling estriol, one month on one month off.
thanks in advance! :)
At your age, you seem to be doing everything you can and honestly, we don't really know whether microneedling works preventatively or whether it works better on diffuse thinning or bald scalp. I think you are in essence doing everything perfectly. If you want to DM me some pics, I will look at them and folks on here are very nice about that and helping others. I wonder how my life might have been different had we had the Big 3. But welcome and I think you are one of the next generation of males who will look at baldness as a medical issue and not one without any treatments which left many of us hopeless back in the 80's. You will be someone with excellent ability to help others as we all try to "pass it on" and help others younger than you.

Keto should help with itching and inflammation and you might want to alternate it with Selsun Blue which is somewhat similar but more tingly and has a nice medicated feeling when you use it on your hair.

Janey

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At your age, you seem to be doing everything you can and honestly, we don't really know whether microneedling works preventatively or whether it works better on diffuse thinning or bald scalp. I think you are in essence doing everything perfectly. If you want to DM me some pics, I will look at them and folks on here are very nice about that and helping others. I wonder how my life might have been different had we had the Big 3. But welcome and I think you are one of the next generation of males who will look at baldness as a medical issue and not one without any treatments which left many of us hopeless back in the 80's. You will be someone with excellent ability to help others as we all try to "pass it on" and help others younger than you.

Keto should help with itching and inflammation and you might want to alternate it with Selsun Blue which is somewhat similar but more tingly and has a nice medicated feeling when you use it on your hair.

Janey
thank you so much for that response! and yes, i will DM you..

¿when do you think I can start seeing the OM results? I've heard that diffuse thinners can take a little longer, idk...

I hope that with this "aggressive" regiment, and the early intervention, I can keep my hair for many years to come... if it gets any worse (or I don't see the results I'm looking for) do you think cycling Estrogel or estriol maybe 3 months the first time, and then one month on and one month off for a total of 12 months of treatment would have any considerable impact on my hair? and in your experience what would the adverse effects be?

yeah, I have read about selsun blue, I think that is the best option (with keto)...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

¿when do you think I can start seeing the OM results? I've heard that diffuse thinners can take a little longer, idk...

I hope that with this "aggressive" regiment, and the early intervention, I can keep my hair for many years to come... if it gets any worse (or I don't see the results I'm looking for) do you think cycling Estrogel or estriol maybe 3 months the first time, and then one month on and one month off for a total of 12 months of treatment would have any considerable impact on my hair? and in your experience what would the adverse effects be?

yeah, I have read about selsun blue, I think that is the best option (with keto)...
For diffuse thinners, I think you can see results from oral minoxidil right away. Now if you lack hair loss, you will probably only notice something akin to more vigorous growth or hopefully an improvement in texture. I am just now at the nine to ten month point where I am seeing small, whitish hairs in my temples appearing so I hope to keep seeing that. I am so exhausted from a surgery that I had recently that I haven't post pics in a while but length continues nicely and texture seems great.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

¿when do you think I can start seeing the OM results?

I've heard that in diffuse thinners, it might take longer to see results. because having a "full" head of hair makes it harder to notice changes, thus it requieres a bigger improvement... but idk. in 3 months I have only seen marked hypertrichosis. I can't see any night and day, clear difference hairwise.

do you think that marked hypertrichosis is a sign it will work nicely on the hair?

also, since I started taking it, the little shedding I had pre-OM has stopped completely. Now i don't shed any hairs. I hope this is a good sign that things are going in the right direction... what do you think?

I've also heard that the best responders to minoxidil are the ones with more hair to start with... I have really high hopes on this to work...