Hair Follicle Primordiums - Is 2020 The Year Where It All Ends?

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please give me the link of the source where it is mentioned that only 10.000 people will be treated?

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/hair-primordiums-tsuji-organ-interview-sept2016/

Keiko: Question 19: Also as a follow-up to the previous 2 questions: If this method succeeds, demand will be in the hundreds of millions of people. Can you describe your current thinking on how production could be expanded to meet such a large demand?

Mr. Sugimura: At this point now, we have already started considering about production stability and efficiency. And, as we announced in the recent press release, this led us to reach an agreement with KYOCERA Corporation to jointly develop cell processing devices, etc. to produce follicular primordiums. Eventually, we believe that not only automating the follicular primordium production process, which is only a part of the entire production process, but also automating the entire production process will enable us to further increase the production capacity efficiently. We are also considering to set up treatment locations or cell processing bases in major cities around the world. Therefore, in order to achieve this, we will need to establish a system/structure which allows us to offer our therapy at a broader range of locations including clinics. As a company, by increasing the production capacity, we aim to offer our service to about 10,000 patients a year around the world, therefore we recognize the need for developing a system/structure which enables us to achieve this goal.

H

Reaction score
Don't forget, this release will be on Japan only and available for 10 000 patients during the first year. Until this technology goes global, you will need probably need to wait until 2025/30.

Looks as if that 10,000 after the expansion and globalization.

As a company, by increasing the production capacity, we aim to offer our service to about 10,000 patients a year around the world,

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll be f*****g patient #10,001 guaranteed.

still it said #10,000 a year i'm sure if it works they will open up franchises.

like in every city there is a mcdonalds and a burger king, in retail areas there could be Happy Hair franchises "What would Sir like today?" "well I'll have the value package of 500 grafts in each temple, just to lower them both a bit". Next week I'll come in for the Mega Crown deal

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

like in every city there is a mcdonalds and a burger king, in retail areas there could be Happy Hair franchises "What would Sir like today?" "well I'll have the value package of 500 grafts in each temple, just to lower them both a bit". Next week I'll come in for the Mega Crown deal

if this works, it would expand without a doubt

H

Reaction score

I see they have car vending machines now also.
https://www.carvana.com/vendingmachine

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/hair-primordiums-tsuji-organ-interview-sept2016/

Keiko: Question 19: Also as a follow-up to the previous 2 questions: If this method succeeds, demand will be in the hundreds of millions of people. Can you describe your current thinking on how production could be expanded to meet such a large demand?

Mr. Sugimura: At this point now, we have already started considering about production stability and efficiency. And, as we announced in the recent press release, this led us to reach an agreement with KYOCERA Corporation to jointly develop cell processing devices, etc. to produce follicular primordiums. Eventually, we believe that not only automating the follicular primordium production process, which is only a part of the entire production process, but also automating the entire production process will enable us to further increase the production capacity efficiently. We are also considering to set up treatment locations or cell processing bases in major cities around the world. Therefore, in order to achieve this, we will need to establish a system/structure which allows us to offer our therapy at a broader range of locations including clinics. As a company, by increasing the production capacity, we aim to offer our service to about 10,000 patients a year around the world, therefore we recognize the need for developing a system/structure which enables us to achieve this goal.
Is it me or the fact that Riken have an agreement with a company for mass production of follicular primordiums strongly suggest that they currently know their method of hair multiplication works for humans. Why would you make such a costly deal with a company (Kyocera) if you're not sure if it's going to work? Maybe I'm missing something ...

Last edited:

Dus

Reaction score
Is it me or the fact that Riken have an agreement with a company for mass production of follicular primordiums strongly suggest that they currently know it works for humans? Why would you make such a costly deal with a company (Kyocera) if you're not sure if it's going to work? Maybe I'm missing something ...

If you can grow human hair (not mouse hair) on a mouse I see no problem why it shouldn't also work on humans. I'm more worried about the mass production timeline and color/ curl/ wave than that I am of the cloning tech.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it me or the fact that Riken have an agreement with a company for mass production of follicular primordiums strongly suggest that they currently know it works for humans? Why would you make such a costly deal with a company (Kyocera) if you're not sure if it's going to work? Maybe I'm missing something ...
What we know so far:
Tsujis tema is able to produce hair follicle that grow human hair in mice.
We know it is possible to insert hairfollicle in a human head and it keeps producing hair.

So when we put all this knowledge together? What does that suggest?

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
To add on to this '10k' figure, I think we also have to realize the other (and potentially) upcoming companies. Take for example BTech (http://www.btechlaboratories.com/), situated in UK (undoubtedly cause of regulations), apparently clinicals in 2019. We don't know much about them atm so can't comment on their supply but I think this could increase exponentially the more companies and technologies pop up. The science isn't the problem anymore at that point, it's scaling

H

Reaction score
I'd like to know if actual normal density can be achieved or if there is some restraint besides cash that limits the amount of hair you can actually get back through hair germs. Like are they going to insist you get only 50% just to look somewhat normal or can you get the whole thing or maybe even 70%. If your nw7 blonde with your baseline being at 150000 follicles can you really assume you'll make it at least almost there again? Theyll need like a hair stamp or something itll be interesting.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to know if actual normal density can be achieved or if there is some restraint besides cash that limits the amount of hair you can actually get back through hair germs. Like are they going to insist you get only 50% just to look somewhat normal or can you get the whole thing or maybe even 70%. If your nw7 blonde with your baseline being at 150000 follicles can you really assume you'll make it at least almost there again? Theyll need like a hair stamp or something itll be interesting.
150.000 hf is 50% higher than average total hf number.
The mouse got 128 hairs/cm², which is about half the normal density.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
150.000 hf is 50% higher than average total hf number.
The mouse got 128 hairs/cm², which is about half the normal density.
Does that mean we can only get half the average density if this becomes a reality? Or can we increase density through repeated sessions?