H&w Topical Liposomal Finasteride Vs Oral Finasteride

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is your dht still reduced systemically or? Cause that is what I am trying to avoid here
I think its still reduced in the liquid version, im using it instead of the pill because there are studies that show its more efficient. Try the gel version.

whoken

Reaction score
If you have any questions let me know as I have tested it myself so I'd be glad to help.

Did you have any other side effects besides the breast nodules? Anything libido or mood related?

Did you take fina as pills before, and if yes, what kind of side effects you experienced?

I've been considering the topical for a long time, but there is barely any feedback from people using it, seems like most people prefer to pop up a pill.

Is it even possible to develop breast nodules from nocebo?

To be honest I'm a chicken when it comes to side effects, the last drug I took (Accutane) fucked me up very bad and I had permanent sides from it (supposedly those were supposed to go away). I literally got all the side effects pretty much, it was several years ago and it's still a burden on my life today.

Thanks

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wouldn't the 2.5% be WAY too strong then?
According to their permeation study it might be a much higher dose (25mg vs 1mg) but the amount that goes into the circulation is still much lower than through oral intake. So there shouldn't be any "overdose" concerns.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any other side effects besides the breast nodules? Anything libido or mood related?

Did you take fina as pills before, and if yes, what kind of side effects you experienced?

I've been considering the topical for a long time, but there is barely any feedback from people using it, seems like most people prefer to pop up a pill.

Is it even possible to develop breast nodules from nocebo?

To be honest I'm a chicken when it comes to side effects, the last drug I took (Accutane) fucked me up very bad and I had permanent sides from it (supposedly those were supposed to go away). I literally got all the side effects pretty much, it was several years ago and it's still a burden on my life today.

Thanks
I didn't take pills before as there's fertility problems in my family and I don't want to risk it.

I had no problems with libido or mood, downstairs the little man has always been fully functional.

Ultimately it's for you to decide, I took he risk and started to see regrowth all over but quit due to sides. Do I regret it? Absolutely not since my sides went away literally within a month. At least now I know I have tried to use some decent treatments.

A small minority of people experience sides and from that minority and even smaller proportion have permanent sides, to me it was worth the risk but for you it might not (that's for you to decide).

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its still reduced in the liquid version, im using it instead of the pill because there are studies that show its more efficient. Try the gel version.
Where'd you get it? Specifically, can you get it in the United States? Would like to use it as well as oral finasteride.

Last edited:

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you apply finasteride topical or just take the pill, either way it goes systemic. Proof is the protective film on the tablets to prevent even the slightest contact with women who might be pregnant with a male fetus.

the question should be wether the liposomes make a difference or not, which regarding pilos a chemist in the german forum, it doesn't.

Furthermore stop thinking of an overdose. There was a study done with 10mg/day orally taken and even then the side effect profile was as high as in the f*****g placebo group.

Safest option = Orally taken, once daily, 1-1.25 mg depending wheter you wanna safe money or not.

Link to the Study with 10mg/day 18-30y old men for 2 years. :http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1939-4640.1996.tb01828.x/abstract

Reactions: Alk

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you apply finasteride topical or just take the pill, either way it goes systemic. Proof is the protective film on the tablets to prevent even the slightest contact with women who might be pregnant with a male fetus.

the question should be wether the liposomes make a difference or not, which regarding pilos a chemist in the german forum, it doesn't.

Furthermore stop thinking of an overdose. There was a study done with 10mg/day orally taken and even then the side effect profile was as high as in the f*****g placebo group.

Safest option = Orally taken, once daily, 1-1.25 mg depending wheter you wanna safe money or not.

Link to the Study with 10mg/day 18-30y old men for 2 years. :http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1939-4640.1996.tb01828.x/abstract
There's no way oral is the safest option when the whole point of liposomes is for targeted delivery without much finasteride entering the blood stream.

Either way it's not just about safety, read the comments here, some people moved to topical cause they are trying to find something that yields better results than oral.

hairmanic

Reaction score

You should probably refer to an actual source rather than a self-proclaimed chemist from a forum. Liposomes, when used as a delivery agent reduce the chance of side effects as they decrease systematic absorption dramatically, and are a much more effective delivery system. You can find more info about them here:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_for_dermal_and_transdermal_applications#pfe

There are also other numerous articles regarding liposomes as vehicle carriers, but I cant link them as they are behind a paywall.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should probably refer to an actual source rather than a self-proclaimed chemist from a forum. Liposomes, when used as a delivery agent reduce the chance of side effects as they decrease systematic absorption dramatically, and are a much more effective delivery system. You can find more info about them here:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_for_dermal_and_transdermal_applications#pfe

There are also other numerous articles regarding liposomes as vehicle carriers, but I cant link them as they are behind a paywall.
But it still goes into your system and a small amount of finasteride still supresses dht. Although it could be more effective applying it to your head its still going into your blood stream. There are many studies abouy systemic absorbtion of topical finasteride

hairmanic

Reaction score
But it still goes into your system and a small amount of finasteride still supresses dht. Although it could be more effective applying it to your head its still going into your blood stream. There are many studies abouy systemic absorbtion of topical finasteride
Sure it can still go into your blood stream, but the question then becomes, is it's bio-availability high enough to cause any noticeable effects? If a small yet negligible amount reaches the blood stream then what does it really matter, after-all its about not having enough in your blood to cause side-effects.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with topical finasteride is that we don't know how efficient it is. I'm using it for a few months and im still shedding a significant amount.. sure the studies are saying that it may be even better than oral finasteride, but its hard to say. Oh, and the lack of succes stories from it makes me kinda worried.

hairmanic

Reaction score
The problem with topical finasteride is that we don't know how efficient it is. I'm using it for a few months and im still shedding a significant amount.. sure the studies are saying that it may be even better than oral finasteride, but its hard to say. Oh, and the lack of succes stories from it makes me kinda worried.
Actually we do, there have been numerous studies including ones posted by Merck. Take a look at the link regarding liposomes I posted earlier as well as this link: https://3pfizs243h34c09mn6s0ul69-wp...mic-of-p-3074-finateride-topical-solution.pdf

We know that topical finasteride works just as well as the oral from previous studies, and that a liposomal vehicle is much more effective in depositing a high dose compared to other vehicles. In regard to your personal experience, well I'm sure you're aware, that a few months is hardly enough time to gauge anything, as there is usually a shedding phase and full results can often take anywhere from 8-12 months and in some cases even longer.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually we do, there have been numerous studies including ones posted by Merck. Take a look at the link regarding liposomes I posted earlier as well as this link: https://3pfizs243h34c09mn6s0ul69-wp...mic-of-p-3074-finateride-topical-solution.pdf

We know that topical finasteride works just as well as the oral from previous studies, and that a liposomal vehicle is much more effective in depositing a high dose compared to other vehicles. In regard to your personal experience, well I'm sure you're aware, that a few months is hardly enough time to gauge anything, as there is usually a shedding phase and full results can often take anywhere from 8-12 months and in some cases even longer.
Im not using liposomal finasteride at the moment, just normal liquid one.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think liposomal finasteride is the way to go for the future.
However in the science and cosmetics community the debate what liposomes are capable of is debated currently. It's portably not helpful that according to advertising every second anti aging creme is liposomal.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think liposomal finasteride is the way to go for the future.
However in the science and cosmetics community the debate what liposomes are capable of is debated currently. It's portably not helpful that according to advertising every second anti aging creme is liposomal.

Iontophoresis.

Or something like this: http://www.swiss4med.ch/index.php/en/products/hydrofor.html

Imagine being able to drive dutasteride, RU, Estrogen and other molecules right to the level of the DP and anchoring them there. Super powerful.
Shame the price is out of reach or I would play with this sh*t all day long.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Iontophoresis.

Or something like this: http://www.swiss4med.ch/index.php/en/products/hydrofor.html

Imagine being able to drive dutasteride, RU, Estrogen and other molecules right to the level of the DP and anchoring them there. Super powerful.
Shame the price is out of reach or I would play with this sh*t all day long.
Liposomal estradiol or alfatradiol at high dosages should be investigated. There's tons of meds that can regrow a lot of hair but their sides are intolerable, if liposomes could fix the systemic absorption this would be awesome.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liposomal estradiol or alfatradiol at high dosages should be investigated. There's tons of meds that can regrow a lot of hair but their sides are intolerable, if liposomes could fix the systemic absorption this would be awesome.

Yes, but no one is making those things and it's not something you can cook up at home.
Even Alfatradiol grows hair quite nicely, just not at those pathetic concentrations used in the commercially available stuff.
If I knew that the stuff on Alibaba was legit I'd order a few months supply for several hundred dollars and make a 1% solution or something, would be interesting.

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This topic should be posted today April 1, 2017...because topical liposomal finasteride is a f*****g JOKE. When I called the place that was making the topical months ago, they said that people did get side effects on the topical formulation....I mean I called so damnn much and asked so many different questions...the people knew who I was LOL. If the topical liposmal formulation didn't give side effects, I would be the first to be on it....I mean I was born where Hasson and Wongs clinic is. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS GOOD, LETS GO BACK TO SPECULATING ABOUT REPLICEL, BROTZU, OR TSUJI

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This topic should be posted today April 1, 2017...because topical liposomal finasteride is a f*****g JOKE. When I called the place that was making the topical months ago, they said that people did get side effects on the topical formulation....I mean I called so damnn much and asked so many different questions...the people knew who I was LOL. If the topical liposmal formulation didn't give side effects, I would be the first to be on it....I mean I was born where Hasson and Wongs clinic is. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS GOOD, LETS GO BACK TO SPECULATING ABOUT REPLICEL, BROTZU, OR TSUJI
The lotion gives sides, not doubt about it. The question is about effectiveness vs the oral version, there are studies that show a topical formulation of 0.25% lowers scalp DHT around 30-40% more, thats HUGE.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette I emailed them and asked if women who are not having children can use this

Below is response..I did not ask 'how long' before conceiving since I am never having kids...But do you know if it even works in women finasteride? I know @samantha3333 was thinking about oral version. Just curious what you gals think.

Topical finasteride can be used by women who are not looking to conceive without a problem.

I'm oral spironolactone 200mg for about 8-9 months with no positive results. Started on oral finasteride 5mg 2weeks ago. Am not expecting a miracle.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Debatable. We still don't know how much serum DHT contributes to baldness as opposed to scalp and intrafollicular DHT. It could be that only the latter two matter.

Alfatradiol works only topically at reducing DHT and is modestly effective, that shows that a local reduction in DHT (only in the scalp and dermal papilla) DOES work and can help against baldness.

You had really great gains from Alfatradiol. Do you still have the gains you made?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You had really great gains from Alfatradiol. Do you still have the gains you made?

Lol no, I was using Estradiolbenzoate. I am using alfatradiol now, it's very weak and not much to talk about. At best it slows down your hair loss but it doesn't ahve the side effects that actual estradiol does.

My hair is somewhat worse than on those pics now, but not by miles. I am adding RU soon.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol no, I was using Estradiolbenzoate. I am using alfatradiol now, it's very weak and not much to talk about. At best it slows down your hair loss but it doesn't ahve the side effects that actual estradiol does.

My hair is somewhat worse than on those pics now, but not by miles. I am adding RU soon.

You're still using Alpicort F? The gains you had were amazing. Why did you stop?