H&w Topical Liposomal Finasteride Vs Oral Finasteride

hairmanic

Reaction score
Yeah, well, Merck also claims the chance of Propecia sides is only marginal - yet here we are.
Except their claim is valid, out of the potential millions of users, only a relative few experience side effects. For example, lets say there are 1 million finasteride users and according to the results found in the finasteride trials, only about 5% experienced sides which is 50,000 people. It only seems like a lot of people experience more side effects is because thats what we read on forums, when in reality the average person does not visit hairloss forums and those that do are on the opposites extremes; people who have exceptional results when using finasteride, and those who have had side-effects. These "horror stories" we often see across hair-loss forums are definitely not the norm, as with any drug, prescription or OTC, there are always a chance of side-effects.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently it works well on post menauposal women. That is unfortunately not recommended for women who want to conceive, and I am not sure I don't want to.
Check online for the study about 5mg. But... I Wonder what kind of sides it brings... I have read it can change brain chemistry...

Whoa!

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20170329_155019.jpg

I had a 0.1% gel done for me but sadly I got sides. Note that this is 25x lower dosage that their recommended 2.5% formula.

But take one thing into account, I am a stupidly paranoid person so I could have just been a victim of the nocebo effect. In terms of what I experienced, I had two breast nodules that developed on either side, one the size of a peanut and one half that size. Both nodules came after horribly itchy nipples to the point where I couldn't wear any shirts with graphics on them, they also both went soft and disappeared after I stopped using it for a month. In terms of hair, I had it sprouting all over my head and my temples were visibly filling in after just using it for 2 months, shame I had to stop.

If you have any questions let me know as I have tested it myself so I'd be glad to help.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 51213
I had a 0.1% gel done for me but sadly I got sides. Note that this is 25x lower dosage that their recommended 2.5% formula.

But take one thing into account, I am a stupidly paranoid person so I could have just been a victim of the nocebo effect. In terms of what I experienced, I had two breast nodules that developed on either side, one the size of a peanut and one half that size. Both nodules came after horribly itchy nipples to the point where I couldn't wear any shirts with graphics on them, they also both went soft and disappeared after I stopped using it for a month. In terms of hair, I had it sprouting all over my head and my temples were visibly filling in after just using it for 2 months, shame I had to stop.

If you have any questions let me know as I have tested it myself so I'd be glad to help.

Im confused

That is topical finasteride? or other ingredients as well?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Hasson and Wong formula is:
Finasteride 2.5% (in my case 0.1%)
Polimethylsilsesquioxane 5%
Dimethicone Peg 8 5%

I haven't added or changed the formula other than finasteride concentration.

Okay so you had this made up for yourself va Dr and pharmacy in your country?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so you had this made up for yourself va Dr and pharmacy in your country?
Had a doctor in the UK write a prescription for it, was surprisingly easy and it took just 10 mins of convincing. Then I sent the prescription to Farmacia Parati in Italy and they produced it there. As far as I know they are the only pharmacy in the world that currently make liposomal finasteride.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had a doctor in the UK write a prescription for it, was surprisingly easy and it took just 10 mins of convincing. Then I sent the prescription to Farmacia Parati in Italy and they produced it there. As far as I know they are the only pharmacy in the world that currently make liposomal finasteride.

Im surprised more guys on forum have not tried this.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Interesting the formal, the concentration of the finasteride...compared to Dr Wesley site he uses .25% in his male topical not 2.5% like H&W. Also does not look like he puts anything else in there. (wait just looked at study listed on Hassan and wong and it looks like they also site .25%) Not sure.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting the formal, the concentration of the finasteride...compared to Dr Wesley site he uses .25% in his male topical not 2.5% like H&W. Also does not look like he puts anything else in there. (wait just looked at study listed on Hassan and wong and it looks like they also site .25%) Not sure.
Look at their skin permeation study below:
https://3pfizs243h34c09mn6s0ul69-wp...evaluation-finasteride-solution-DR-HASSON.pdf

I exchanged a lot of emails back and forth with Farmacia Parati and the usual dose is definitely 2.5% for H&W.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on the topic a year ago and what I found is basically:

1. Topical finasteride works as well as oral finasteride.

2. Topical finasteride goes immediately systemic so it actually makes no difference how you take it.

3. When applying topical you can make mistakes, while taking a pill most of the people manage quite well.

4. The big question is: How good is the liposomal delivery in keeping the finasteride in the scalp. Compared to the alcohol vehicle that allows the finasteride to go systemic immediately.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4. The big question is: How good is the liposomal delivery in keeping the finasteride in the scalp. Compared to the alcohol vehicle that allows the finasteride to go systemic immediately.

I can't see how this is even possible, the dermal papilla is connected directly to the blood supply for the hair follicle. Once you've reached that it's game over. Scalp DHT isn't even an issue as not even high dosage dutasteride can get rid of it.
Finasteride can't actually inhibit T->DHT conversion in the follicle as the DP is producing 5ar itself and can reach the T in the blood supply before finasteride reaches the 5ar.

hairmanic

Reaction score
View attachment 51213

Did you have any experience taking oral finasteride before the topical? and if so how were your results?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My biggest concern with this product is how easy it is to conduct DHT tests. Proving that it doesn't go systemic just requires measuring DHT in vivo before and after 1 month of usage, and yet all we get a skin permeation study.

If they did release tests they would prove their legitimacy and open themselves to much higher sales from everyone desperate to keep their hair but had sides on oral finasteride.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any experience taking oral finasteride before the topical? and if so how were your results?
I went straight to topical as there's a bit of a fertility problem in my family's history, loads have problems reproducing. My results on the topical was hairs sprouting everywhere within a month, i wish I could continue using it.

hairmanic

Reaction score
My biggest concern with this product is how easy it is to conduct DHT tests. Proving that it doesn't go systemic just requires measuring DHT in vivo before and after 1 month of usage, and yet all we get a skin permeation study.

If they did release tests they would prove their legitimacy and open themselves to much higher sales from everyone desperate to keep their hair but had sides on oral finasteride.
I agree with you on the tests, I'll make a note to ask them about it next time I have a consultation. Personally, I do believe their claims based on their reputation. I guess time will tell if it really is as good as they claim, and we can know for sure once they release their topical dutasteride as that drug is much more potent and has been known for a greater occurrence of side-effects.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the consistency of the mixture like? A gel? I have long hair so I'm wondering how I would rub it in. How did you get sides if it doesn't go systematic? Did you notice any facial changes?
It's a gel with the same consistency as other styling hair gels. It was a bit of a hassle to get a thin layer over my full scalp.

I don't know how I got sides, like I said I am a very paranoid person so the nocebo effect could have been affecting me. I risked using it without checking for any changes in my hormone levels over time. Anyhow I had to stop due to the nodules that appeared on my breasts, I already have hair loss and acne problems, the last thing I need is boobies (they are fun to play with, as long as they aren't yours).

I didn't have any facial changes at all.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a gel with the same consistency as other styling hair gels. It was a bit of a hassle to get a thin layer over my full scalp.

I don't know how I got sides, like I said I am a very paranoid person so the nocebo effect could have been affecting me. I risked using it without checking for any changes in my hormone levels over time. Anyhow I had to stop due to the nodules that appeared on my breasts, I already have hair loss and acne problems, the last thing I need is boobies (they are fun to play with, as long as they aren't yours).

I didn't have any facial changes at all.
I used a 0.25% version of the same gel for a month, no sides at all. Then again, I didn't get any major sides on the pill either.