Goingat20, here is the RU plan

CCS

Reaction score
let me know what you want to do. i can send you the it in pure PG at 10% so you can dump it into that cream if you want.

--------

my brother actually did buy the oleic acid. he was just asking to make sure he bought the right stuff.

The oleic acid is labled as hazardous. It says not to inhale fumes or get it on yourself. I'm sure pure oleic acid has a low pH, but old baldy uses 5% in his mixtures. Anyway, i'll test the pH of oleic acid and oleic acid in water at various concentrations when i get it. I think 5% acidic acid, vinegar, is pretty rough too.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
no. That's fine. I want the same stuff as others. It was jus a suggestion that maybe it would penetrate better.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
CSS I was looking for all the things needed to make a solution with Ru and I kind of have troubles with finding pure alcohol. All the alcohol they sell at stores is 40% at most which I dont think is enough. What would you suggest? and where could I buy it?

I know you will be sending solution but just in case I want to make my own in the future

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just use Everclear, if they sell it where you live. Everclear is 190-proof (95% pure) ethanol that's fit for human consumption. Look for it in any large liquor store.

Bryan

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.theeyeofnewt.com/store/html/ ... _SD_40.asp

shipping is $10.70

So about $54 for half gallon. You can get it at the store, everclear, for $17 plus tax, so $19 for 16oz. So the online stuff is cheaper. Shipping is free if you buy $100 of stuff, but they don't have much else that i want. I can get a lifetime supply of octyl salicilate, and some bottles, but that still only comes to $75. I wish they had borageseed oil, though it would probably be super overpriced, judging by their other oils.

CCS

Reaction score
guys, I ordered octyl salicylate and DMSO. the first is a sun screen and the other is an anti-oxidant, but considered harmless. They are very strong penetration enhancers, and the DMSO will dissolve anything. I want to put 2mL of each in 60mL of our RU solution. The DMSO is used in pharmaceuticals and is said to pull chemicals deep into the skin. The octyl salicylate allowed finasteride to work topically when it did not in other studies, and increase absorption 10 fold. I also want to add a small amount of GSE to our solution as a preservative, but may have to pass since it will interfere with the test against GSE and GTE in the other solution.

Anyway, who wants me to put those two in their solutions? I think they will go good in the both solutions, the RU and the GSE/GTE. I also want to use 5-10% oleic acid instead of 30% because the acid is an acid, and I can adjust the pH a bit, but not if it is at 30%. I'll make up the difference with ethanol.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey CCS..No they dont charge you for transferring money into the Paypal account or out of it.

CCS

Reaction score
thanks for the info. looks like there will be no fees. goingat20 might need a 2.5% fee, unless he uses USDs.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
hairhaircomeagain said:
hey CCS..No they dont charge you for transferring money into the Paypal account or out of it.

Have anyone ever sent you money? I use Paypal all of the time and everytime I receive money they take a cut. Try sending a dollar back and forth a few times and see how fast it turns to zero.

But no it is free to send it.

Cassin, I am pretty sure that there is no transaction fees. My friends and me use it all the time to send and receive money for thungs like restaurant bills, movie tickets and stuff and I have never seen any fees deducted. I have a personal account. Do you have some other kind of account ?

CCS

Reaction score
I just read a post saying that finasteride in an alcohol water vehicle can get eaten by bacteria, 40% in as little as 3 weeks. Our RU will be in the fridge, but I'm still thinking of a good preservative to put in there. A small amount of isopropyl alcohol perhaps? We need ours to last 4 months. Eucapil is 96% isopropyl alcohol.

CCS

Reaction score
why is ethanol so expensive? everclear is $19 for 750mL. Many places online denature their ethanol with methanol. One place has a blend of ethanol and isopropyl alcohol, but they don't say how much of each. It is just so annoying how so many places say they are selling something, but give just enough information that you know they are not really selling it, but selling something that may or may not be similar to it, and they won't tell you what it is because it is proprietary. Who the f*ck do they think wants to copy their golden blend? No one. The customer needs to know what they are getting.

I'm also upset about people who post http://www.chemistrystore.com as an ethanol source, just because they want credit for posting info, when the site has been out of stock for a long time and probably will never get back in stock. If these people are not going to post a site that has the ethanol, then they should not post anything at all.

Anyway, I'm just going to buy some local everclear for now, and call some places on the phone and find out what they really got or when they can get stuff back in stock, later.

So far the prices are

RU $300
Shipping $90
Wire transfer $35
/5 = $85 each
+ shipping $5
and bottles and liquids etc $3

So $93 each for the RU and GSE/GTE/apple poly. Not bad.

If we each use 50mL total of everclear for the two bottles, out of 750mL that is 1/15, so just over a dollar each. PPG is next to nothing. Yeah, so $3 covers everything.

I'm thinking of adding 40mL of everclear to my minoxidil to make it 3% with about 50% alcohol. That would cost me a dollar, and make each 60oz cost $5 instead of 7. So not a huge savings at all. Mostly just faster drying when I need it.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Local Everclear is the best IMHO. If it was available here in Michigan, I'd buy it. The Chemistry Store has been out of stock over the years. They always get some in stock eventually.

CCS

Reaction score
when they do I'll stock up. Though two gallons is all I'll need for a long time.

CCS

Reaction score
I got an email from faith eagle:

"Please be very regretfully informed, we could not ship the 10g lot for you before our national holidays until 11-Oct., and we would arrange it around 15-Oct., would you please be so kind to accept our deep apology for such a delay? Thanks in advance. With best regards. Owense"

Hairhaircomeagain, how does that affect your plans?

CCS

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a great idea. I could keep most of the RU in my freezer with drying sand, and only open 2g at a time, send everyone a month supply each month. It would cost you an extra $4 a month in shipping, unless I find a small enough postal box to mail it in that costs less, but I'd charge you on a monthly basis $24 per month plus the shipping. I just need to get a bunch of bottles cheaply, since return postage from you guys would cost more than the bottles. Then we would all have fresh solutions each month and not have to open and reclose any bags. If we are each getting 3.33% at 4 months at 0.5mL per day, that is 15mL per month, so I can probably get some containers that price. This offer is on an individual bassis. If one guy wants a 4 month at once, I'll make up his 2g separately, and then I'll divide a 2g bag amongst the remaining 4... works out perfect. So if all 5 wanted to divide a 2g per month, I'd be making a 24 day supply at a time, and charging 0.8x$24 per month plus $4 shipping.

It takes away the worries about freshness. I could also put ice cubes in zip lock bags and pack them around it, shove a lot of toilet paper or newspaper in there, and then put tin foil around that, and stuff it all in the box, after getting the bottles really cold but just above freezing. It would probably take at least a day off the heat of travel.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
College you are a generous, kind man!!!

I do wonder why you guys just don't make a dutasteride topical until RU58841 is more readily available?

I just don't see how RU58841 can do better than topical dutasteride.? I know the testosterone inhibition and lack of systemic effect with RU58841 is attractive. (But you are using spironolactone.)

Dutasteride is so STRONG at inhibiting 5ARI & II that I honestly think you guys should give that a try first. (Remember you are using spironolactone.)

As you know, the systemic effects of topical 5AR inhibitors is probably not such a bad thing. Probably a good thing! :wink: (Those of us with male pattern baldness just plain react badly to DHT. It is a marker for heart disease and prostate cancer.)

You can mix dutasteride. and finasteride. with spironolactone. in the same concoction safely.

Also, as you know, some of the finasteride./dutasteride. will be deposited directly into the follicles independent of the eventual systemic absorption, which might be minimized by topical application.

(I just don't want you guys to pay so much for something that might not be any better than dutasteride. I'm seeing results from topical finasteride./dutasteride./spironolactone. I do not take any oral medications for the androgen side of our ailment.)

I also know that you are using dutasteride. orally already. This is for the other guys. Or for those guys who want to possibly minimize the dramatic reduction in DHT from oral ingestion of finasteride./dutasteride. I just wish I knew how much finasteride./dutasteride. systemically reduced the chances for heart disease and/or prostate cancer on a more definitive basis.

CCS

Reaction score
I will do the topical dutasteride and spironolactone. But dutasteride and RU58841 are two totally different types of drugs. dutasteride does not stop testosterone from bonding to the androgen receptor, and I think testosterone does play a part in the balding process, even if not as much as DHT.

I realize spironolactone costs 10% as much as RU, and because of my finances, this will probably be the last batch I buy. But there is no reason the group can't just do their own split if they want to later. The stuff is easy to make up, so I don't know why they all want me to mix it for them.

Since EQOUL binds to DHT and not testosterone, it will not get rid of any androgens in the scalp after dutasteride does its job. If it did, it would also lower body testosterone levels. While soy, fish, and grean tea are healthy, I think the arginine and omega-3's are about the only benefits I'll get from it. Some people found studies saying grean tea produces more DHT except when taken with soy.

Yeah, I think a cheap regimen is the way to go. I'm thinking of getting some oil that will turn testosterone into estrogen, and combining that with the spironolactone in my topical dutasteride. It would be nice if I can lower the number of topicals, since my hair looks so good when I don't have any in my hair. It would be nice to apply them 2-4 hours before a shower and get them out of my hair so it looks good the rest of the day. I just need a way to keep topicals off the hair shafts to do that. Once they stick, my hair looks bad.

mgmt

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Hey guys,

I got a great idea. I could keep most of the RU in my freezer with drying sand, and only open 2g at a time, send everyone a month supply each month. It would cost you an extra $4 a month in shipping, unless I find a small enough postal box to mail it in that costs less, but I'd charge you on a monthly basis $24 per month plus the shipping. I just need to get a bunch of bottles cheaply, since return postage from you guys would cost more than the bottles. Then we would all have fresh solutions each month and not have to open and reclose any bags. If we are each getting 3.33% at 4 months at 0.5mL per day, that is 15mL per month, so I can probably get some containers that price. This offer is on an individual bassis. If one guy wants a 4 month at once, I'll make up his 2g separately, and then I'll divide a 2g bag amongst the remaining 4... works out perfect. So if all 5 wanted to divide a 2g per month, I'd be making a 24 day supply at a time, and charging 0.8x$24 per month plus $4 shipping.

It takes away the worries about freshness. I could also put ice cubes in zip lock bags and pack them around it, shove a lot of toilet paper or newspaper in there, and then put tin foil around that, and stuff it all in the box, after getting the bottles really cold but just above freezing. It would probably take at least a day off the heat of travel.

Ccs, you probably already know this, but......

Be very careful shipping anything that could potentially leak! I know this sounds like common sense, but the post office/UPS/Fed-Ex/etc will have a flippin' field day, should something look even remotely "haz-mat".

I could ship you a supply of freezer and/or cooler packs, which would all but eliminate leakage from the coolers (alternative to ice cubes). But then these would be best shipped in styrofoam-insulated cartons (which I also have access to, if need be).

I don't want to overcomplicate things, but I don't want to overlook particulars which could come back to bite us. Should a box become damaged or a ziplock give out in transit, we could have some serious explaining to do. Ok well, at least consider what I'm saying.. :)