Goingat20, here is the RU plan

Goingat20

Reaction score
i take creatine a few times a year, it could be related in some way. But i think my levels of ck went up as a result of a injury which i didnt leave to rest properly. If you got no pains i wouldnt suggest having a blood test. As i am only using prox-n and minoxidil now, do you think the RU would be enough? or should i add something else?

CCS

Reaction score
Topicals only work where you apply them. That will prove to be a pain in the butt, if most of your hair would have been gone by now without the finasteride or dutasteride.

Also, we don't know how powerful RU is compared to finasteride. They could use a typical finasteride or dutasteride dose on flank organ and compare it to a typical RU dose, and see which inhibits growth more by reducing the amount of DHT that reaches the androgen receptor, but flank organ has 5ar1, so the finasteride would not be as effective against it.

I do think that RU would be very helpful. We will find out soon how powerful it is. I think you will have a massive shed on the side of your head that gets the RU. To do this experiment with less problems like that, maybe you should apply green tea extract and grape seed extract to the other side. When I send you the RU, I'll send GTE GSE to you at no extra charge with a PPG, oleic acid, water vehicle, since I'm very curious if it is as strong as the RU. While it would be great if the RU does a miracle, I'm hoping these extracts do just as well, since they are cheaper.

Goingat20

Reaction score
You are a legend. Thanks for your help. Im sure this way we will identify if RU is the way to go, or if green tea could be a cheaper way..

CCS

Reaction score
you can get it anywhere. Any health food store, or online. I'll even send you some if you want to participate in the experiment putting it on one side of your head and RU on the other. The 2g I'm sending will not cover you whole head for 4 months. 2% would be 1 mL for 100 days, and I plan to use 3% for 2 months, or maybe 0.5mL of 3% for 6 months, and just do a test area. I can send you 4g, one prepared and the other in its bag in a bottle with drying sand, if you want more than that. Or i can sell it to newbaldy84, since I only want to do the small test spot.

Goingat20

Reaction score
ccs- will it be easy to mix, im going to need step by step directions as i have no idea...

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think I will need 4g. I am only going to apply it to my right temple...anyways I will post a picture tommorow and it will be great if you can estimate how much will I need...Thanks for taking care of all this, dude

Felk

Reaction score
Im curious - what RU recipe are you using College?

Not the main one from Owense, then? I remember that one being $50 for 30ml...

CCS

Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain,

that means we need another buyer. Or I could put 2.5g in each persons' bottle and charge them 120 instead of 95. Or I could just buy it.

I just hope the RU does not break down in solution in 4 months. Otherwise, I have to open a bag and store half of it for 2 months. I'm not sure which method is safer.

I just know that 5% at 1mL per day would make a 2g bag last 40 days, which is $60 per month. I'd rather use 3.33% at 0.5 mL per day for the test, which is $20 per month, and lasts about 4 months.

I'll just order the stuff now and figure that out later. I still have to order the drying sand.

CCS

Reaction score
I just remembered. I think goingat20 said he wants the 4g. PM him if he wants to just get 2g and let you buy 2g.

mgmt

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I just remembered. I think goingat20 said he wants the 4g. PM him if he wants to just get 2g and let you buy 2g.

Cool, done.

Thanks either way and best of luck to you guys! Keep us posted

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS...I wud only want 2g...although to avoid any inconvenience, i have no problems takin more. I am going to apply it on my right temple...for left i ll use the extract...Whatever is convenient..I am OK with it...Thanks

CCS

Reaction score
just so everyone knows, I ordered RU yesterday, and emailed them. They said they would be watching for the wire transfer and that I would most likely get this month's batch and have it soon. The wire transfer to china was $35.

My brother just called last night and asked me if I want him to buy oleic acid. That really disturbed me since I already told him to and he needs it more than i do and he said he had bought it and asked me how he wanted it shipped to me. He actually would be better off with borageseed oil. So I may have to order that. But I have a whole gallon of PG. So I can make a solution of RU and then dilute it with the oleic acid when it arrives. That will probably take a week.

So 5 of us will be getting 2g in 60 mL, which is 3.33% If anyone wants more or less solution, or some powder, please let me know. Also please let me know if you want 50% ethanol 50% PG, or if you want oleic acid in there and how much. I'm planning on doing 30% oleic acid, 30% PG, 37% ethanol, 3% water.

Goingat20

Reaction score
i would also go for 30% oleic acid, 30% PG, 37% ethanol, 3% water. Just PM me details so i can make payments
Thanks...

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow..awesome work CCS. Cant thank you enough.
I will take whatever you are taking...Please PM me the payment details too.

I am thinking since we are 5, why not make a private yahoogroup to exchange information and progress reports? what do you guys say ?

CCS

Reaction score
I think this thread is good exchanging info.

anyone used paypal before to sell stuff? is there a fee for the seller? I'm going to use my roommate's paypal account, and i need to know what to expect. I'll let him pay me from his account over a month later so he does not have to transfer cash too fast. Does he get charged if he takes money out of his paypal account?

so we got mgmt, hairhair, going, newbaldy, and ccs.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I am so in. Just tell me how and where to send a payment. I used pay pal before but only for purchases

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
something I found

"I have used a liposomic vehicle to deliver the RU58841. After reading the literature there is no doubt that RU58841 can be put into a liposomic vehicle and is more effective at penetrating to the deeper levels of the skin. There is a study available that describes the process for having RU58841 put into a liposomal cream base. The study shows that a standard hydro-alcoholic vehicle does not result in as much RU58841 making it to the dermis (and therefore the hair root & papilla). Instead it remains localized in the uppermost levels of the skin (i.e. the stratum corneum) where it wouldn't help at all"