Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What is in it? It sounds like another option for some of these younger guys.
Not really. Most can't afford it. I would only recommend it for those who cannot use finasteride or have hair loss with unknown causes. It has spironolactone, small percent of minoxidil, phenytoin, various SODS, NANO, TEMPOL and other ingredients that treat hair loss at all angles.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is there a difference with proxiphen and prox n?
Proxiphen is more powerful but Proctor states Prox-N along with his NANO shampoo would be a good alternative if you can't afford Proxiphen. The advantage to Prox-N over minoxidil is that it will continue to work more long term. He developed Prox-N for those who responded poorly to minoxidil.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Most can't afford it. I would only recommend it for those who cannot use finasteride or have hair loss with unknown causes. It has spironolactone, small percent of minoxidil, phenytoin, various SODS, NANO, TEMPOL and other ingredients that treat hair loss at all angles.
A lot of guys have said that you need spironolactone metabolites for it to work. I also had someone just contact me who is trying a Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, also known as Provera, minoxidil topical which I have never heard of before. I take 10 mg orally every day but it is presumed to only lower T and not block receptors like spironolactone so I am uncertain as to its efficacy as a topical.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
A lot of guys have said that you need spironolactone metabolites for it to work. I also had someone just contact me who is trying a Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, also known as Provera, minoxidil topical which I have never heard of before. I take 10 mg orally every day but it is presumed to only lower T and not block receptors like spironolactone so I am uncertain as to its efficacy as a topical.
It seems to be effective for me. I have tried not using Proxiphen and my hair gets worse. I recently went back to using it daily and my hair has improved. It is an expensive long term commitment but it helps me deter having to get a hair transplant so far.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to be effective for me. I have tried not using Proxiphen and my hair gets worse. I recently went back to using it daily and my hair has improved. It is an expensive long term commitment but it helps me deter having to get a hair transplant so far.
Avoiding a transplant is key in case anything ever does come down through the pipeline because it won't work generally on scar tissue either in the donor area or on top. Microneedling might regenerate such tissue though and that is why microneedling is such an exciting treatment to me. It also works great on face and neck.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Avoiding a transplant is key in case anything ever does come down through the pipeline because it won't work generally on scar tissue either in the donor area or on top. Microneedling might regenerate such tissue though and that is why microneedling is such an exciting treatment to me. It also works great on face and neck.
I tried micro needling but it scared me every time I heard my hair strands go "crunch".

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried micro needling but it scared me every time I heard my hair strands go "crunch".
Longer needles help. I do all of my fringe even though it is high. It also helps there with scar tissue. When you massage for a long time you hear crunchy sounds and then when you don't anymore, I think that means less fibrosis, perhaps. I just passed the mark a couple of months back. I also massage and microneedle my forehead as this is an area of tension. People can also try botox on the masseter muscles. It's not expensive and I have done that too.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely works, but yeah I have accidentally cut hairs while doing it too. I think the key is to use something like a 192 needle roller instead of the 540. The more needles the more hair gets caught. Dermastamping works well and doesn't seem to cut off any hairs, but it's much more time consuming.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely works, but yeah I have accidentally cut hairs while doing it too. I think the key is to use something like a 192 needle roller instead of the 540. The more needles the more hair gets caught. Dermastamping works well and doesn't seem to cut off any hairs, but it's much more time consuming.
Good point. They always tout the 540 ones as being better but it's like Min 2 percent vs 5 percent. It depends on one's situation and goals which is better.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point. They always tout the 540 ones as being better but it's like Min 2 percent vs 5 percent. It depends on one's situation and goals which is better.
True. If you are using it on slick bald areas then obviously 540 would be better. But if there's areas with a good amount of terminal hair then 192 is the way to go IMO.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Baumen confirmed 100% Male Pattern Baldness. He said it was clear from the volume of new hairs verus mature that I have experienced persistent and abnormal shedding.

I got a shorter haircut and the loss of density and nearly gone temples is very clear. Still shedding 200+ daily. People immediately asked me what happened to my hair. They ‘loved my hair’ why would I do that.

The look is one thing but with the length gone I feel bald and the relief I thought I’d get from shedding long hairs didn’t happen just the same amount of shorter hairs. It’s really the whole NW7 area. I keep trying with Finasteride but it gives me sides and hasn’t seemed to slow anything down.

just want to kill myself rather than go bald. Just don’t feel like myslef this was just too fast and too much of a surprise add the regret that I could have stopped it or made it worse or fucked my health in the mean time and I’m done.

Last edited:

Hephaistos1002

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Baumen confirmed 100% Male Pattern Baldness. He said it was clear from the volume of new hairs verus mature that I have experienced persistent and abnormal shedding.

I got a shorter haircut and the loss of density and nearly gone temples is very clear. Still shedding 200+ daily. People immediately asked me what happened to my hair. They ‘loved my hair’ why would I do that.

The look is one thing but with the length gone I feel bald and the relief I thought I’d get from shedding long hairs didn’t happen just the same amount of shorter hairs. It’s really the whole NW7 area. I keep trying with Finasteride but it gives me sides and hasn’t seemed to slow anything down.

just want to kill myself rather than go bald. Just don’t feel like myslef this was just too fast and too much of a surprise add the regret that I could have stopped it or made it worse or fucked my health in the mean time and I’m done.
Dude please no. Do you need special help? For us to call an emergency Line or some mental health related professionnal?
You are tall handsome muscular AND you have hair. I Know this is hard, but you bill be harder than this

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still losing over 200 a day all hairs are 3 inches or shorter. Used to be 7 inches. Diameter is about half. Temples are gone.

Attachments

• 202EF14B-86E5-4180-B820-D085186AC89C.jpeg
    202EF14B-86E5-4180-B820-D085186AC89C.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 1C70B405-E529-4705-A55D-B2384BF8DF66.jpeg
    1C70B405-E529-4705-A55D-B2384BF8DF66.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 211

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone I'm sorry to read this is impacting you so badly. You have many enviable attributes above and beyond your hair. Is that your new short hair cut above - if it is, your hair still looks fantastic. You say Bauman confirmed male pattern baldness, at 44 with your hair I'd be very surprised to see much of a change other than some gradual loss of density. Did you ask Bauman if a pattern was forming? What did he say? Did he recommend treatment? I'd be incredibly surprised if he felt you were going to hit a high level of norwood in your lifetime.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks. no treatment has worked in the 3+ years. In the last 7 months it’s gotten really really bad and is now visible and feels far worse than it looks. He did detailed hair measurements and confirmed a diffuse NW7 pattern. Of the measurements temples were the worse and went from a 95 in December 2020 to an 80 in May. I just can’t take this constant shedding. The speed of this is crazy. The only reason I’m not completely bald is that at 41 I started with perfect hair with well above average density. I am miserable that I made things much much worse and accelerated the process when the treatments have done nothing. It’s f*****g hopeless it’s ruing my life, job, relationships. I have to give up. It’s about appearance I just don’t feel good at all anymore. I can’t handle the constant loss anymore.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was my hair 3 years ago. I am at less than 25% in three years with constant shedding.

Attachments

• FC4FEF29-ED85-4D1E-A149-DE24DF6D4603.jpeg
    FC4FEF29-ED85-4D1E-A149-DE24DF6D4603.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 188

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks. no treatment has worked in the 3+ years. In the last 7 months it’s gotten really really bad and is now visible and feels far worse than it looks. He did detailed hair measurements and confirmed a diffuse NW7 pattern. Of the measurements temples were the worse and went from a 95 in December 2020 to an 80 in May. I just can’t take this constant shedding. The speed of this is crazy. The only reason I’m not completely bald is that at 41 I started with perfect hair with well above average density. I am miserable that I made things much much worse and accelerated the process when the treatments have done nothing. It’s f*****g hopeless it’s ruing my life, job, relationships. I have to give up. It’s about appearance I just don’t feel good at all anymore. I can’t handle the constant loss anymore.
Perhaps the male pattern baldness is mild and the array of treatments you have tried have caused the shedding? Likely been said before but if you were to stop all treatments for say 6-12 months and let the regrowth reach full potential, with a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise you might find that you hair recovers significantly.

To hear its ruining your life is awful - you genuinely need to focus on the positives in your life and get help if you need too, to help you obtain a more balanced perspective. Seriously, go see a therapist if it impacting your job and relationships, you owe it to yourself. You are tall handsome and more athletic than most, you can have a great life regardless.

On a practical note, if your hair does continue to deteriorate, perhaps a transplant combined with some SMP could give you a very dense look to your hair. At the moment, your hair still looks great, so that is not needed right now.

Did Bauman not mention options to you? Did he give you any comfort at all?

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was my hair 3 years ago. I am at less than 25% in three years with constant shedding.

Yes, that's quite a significant decrease in density that you have experienced (although 'less than 25%' looks very much exaggerated). You went from 'great hair, regardless of your age' to 'good hair for your age'. Some guys - i am one of them - seem to have great hair until their late 30's, before heavy shedding and rapid loss of density sets in.
You have said it before: all that you want is the shedding and the loss of density to stop. If you could sign for this (or slightly worse) hair at 55, you'd be a fool not to do it. In other words, this would be your goal: slowing it down. This has been said many, many times before, too: your best course would be to ditch virtually all the treatments you're on and evaluate in a year from now. And try to calm down, of course. That is the hardest part, i can imagine.
Like @Ourkes says: a therapist would be a very good idea. You're wasting these precious early middle aged years, in which most men slowly start to learn to live with the loss of their youth. What else can we do? Tormenting yourself like this, it's not worth it.