Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

starting to get a bald spot at vertex crown. Temples very thin, many many short hairs everywhere because of the massive and constant shed.
I will say it once again. This is not Androgenetic Alopecia, and it is not a common thing, you are shedding so much hair, like in a nightmare! It's probably telogen effluvium, try to get rid of the cause and it will clear up by itself.

Edit: I would suggest you shaving off your hair and trying to look for the cause

Hephaistos1002

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sending us the same picture over again or lying about the number of hair? Because you have a perfect density this is so weird

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I f*****g wish. I was three times a week and send a pic of the shower wall and then the sink after each wash. It’s been like this for 3 years. I’ve tried cold turkey all medications, tried stopping thyroid meds, tried kitchen sink RU, Topical Dutasteride...

no doctor has given me a decent answer only ‘idiopathic Telogen Effluvium, accelerating mild Androgen Alopecia’ I just want the shedding to get to something normal. Like 50 hairs a day is a dream.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I f*****g wish. I was three times a week and send a pic of the shower wall and then the sink after each wash. It’s been like this for 3 years. I’ve tried cold turkey all medications, tried stopping thyroid meds, tried kitchen sink RU, Topical Dutasteride...

no doctor has given me a decent answer only ‘idiopathic Telogen Effluvium, accelerating mild Androgen Alopecia’ I just want the shedding to get to something normal. Like 50 hairs a day is a dream.
I started with insane baseline density. Dramatically reduced with noticeable thinning at crown.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I started with insane baseline density. Dramatically reduced with noticeable thinning at crown.
You do realize your Telogen Effluvium won't stop until you stop all your treatments. You have to get your hairs back to their normal hair cycles pre-medication or before you fucked up your hair. LOL

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do realize your Telogen Effluvium won't stop until you stop all your treatments. You have to get your hairs back to their normal hair cycles pre-medication or before you fucked up your hair. LOL
What the doctor said. You probably didnt have any hair loss to begin with. You just induced telogen effluvium by interrupting your natural hair cycle. Stop everything, shave your hair off, and let it reset.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

stop all the meds you degenerate
you will continue to spend money on these scamatologists without getting any answers

the last advice is this one, which many people gave you already: stop the finasterie, duta, minoxidil whatever you`re in

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get this logic but 1. I tried this stopping everything for 6 months and the shed never ceased 2. I had a biopsy which showed Androgenic Alopecia. 3. Despite universal thinning there is a clear front and vertex pattern.

trust me I don’t want to use any of these drugs.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean yes that’s an option. But I can still fake it, look like my hair is dense despite the rapid decline in density.

The hope was being able to figure out the shedding before cutting it short while there is cover and let the regrowth fill in some of the density,

its fucked up that the same people giving advice to start meds are now telling me I ruined my own hair by trying to treat it.

I did nothing for a full year when the shedding started and it never slowed. Then minoxidil which made it a disaster.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
8D02CFE4-BD7F-438C-A99C-774A2AD8268F.jpeg

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend to drop all the meds and get back on topical finasteride. That’s all. Even if you stop all the meds for 6 months, Telogen Effluvium can last up to a year.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. I like that Strut gel. I could also have made things worse weening off of oral minoxidil.

feels like a bald spot and very few hairs now in the part.

I wonder if I could use the low dose topical Finasteride gel at hairline/temples and a liquid on the vertex crown. Stop everything else and see what happens by December.

Attachments

• 1E27AD06-90CD-4A95-91C5-4D722B4AFD8B.jpeg
    1E27AD06-90CD-4A95-91C5-4D722B4AFD8B.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 92

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. I like that Strut gel. I could also have made things worse weening off of oral minoxidil.

feels like a bald spot and very few hairs now in the part.

I wonder if I could use the low dose topical Finasteride gel at hairline/temples and a liquid on the vertex crown. Stop everything else and see what happens by December.
I would try to limit other things in the vehicle of the topical finasteride too. To narrow down the cause of the shedding. Like maybe it’s the tretinoin.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking back at 4 years of labs starting with a full panel BEFORE starting topical Finasteride, my DHT has only increased while using Finasteride and estrogen has only raised.

T has increased and decreased at different stages not really directly related to Finasteride use or HCG.

in fact I was healthiest and hair growth most noticeable despite shed while on Topical Finasteride 1% and HCG 3x week.

DHT never above 28 range 15-28 over 3 years, never a slow in shedding.

October 2017 24 pre-Finasteride
December 2017 22 pre-Finasteride
June 2018 20 start topical Finasteride
September 2018 22 on topical Finasteride

sides on topical Finasteride add HCG per urologist

December 2018 15 (lowest ever) topical Finasteride with HCG

April 2019 18 topical Finasteride and HCG
August 2019 20 topical Finasteride and HCG

October 2019 add Propecia oral, shed and thinning worsen stop HCG DHT 22

January restart topical Finasteride and HCG DHT 24 hair regrows faster still shedding

April 2020 DHT 22 Test raised from 750 to 950, iron IV hair quality improves, on topcial Finasteride, HCG. Strong no sides. Still shedding like crazy.

October 2020 beard regrowth, hair darker, no sides on HCG Test 1100 DHT 24. Drop topical Finasteride for topical Dutasteride, drop HCG start low dose Propecia. Hair rapidly declines.

Major loss October to January, resume HCG DHT stays at 24, test 1000 getting sides, more thinning.

April added back HCG, dropped topical Dutasteride stay on low dose Propecia, hair pattern noticeable. Crown and temples thinning. Massive shedding. High testosterone 1000, High estrogen 88 bad sides hair destroyed

now I’m stuck. No major DHT changes on and off, test dropped to 750 estrogen to 40. Mild sides, massive shedding. Switching to low dose topical I guess but not sure AA’s matter to me at all.

ruled out Areata. Fungus.

low neutrophils, WBC. Ferritin levels high.

still f*****g shedding like a f*****g HORROR movie daily.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try to limit other things in the vehicle of the topical finasteride too. To narrow down the cause of the shedding. Like maybe it’s the tretinoin.
This is first preparation that has had tretenoin and I’ve only used twice. For the last two years it has been 1% Finasteride in PGE then 1% Dutasteride in PGE. Shedding has never changed.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is first preparation that has had tretenoin and I’ve only used twice. For the last two years it has been 1% Finasteride in PGE then 1% Dutasteride in PGE. Shedding has never changed.
Time to try TM30089. You probably will have trouble to sleep but the shedding will be stopped.

Or go for OC000459, more tolerable sides but less powerful

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are those?
TM30089 is the most powerful pgd2 blocker, like 1000 times more powerful than setipiprant (seriously). It stops shedding in virtually everybody who try it. But it's very difficult to sleep while on it because it inhibits all the pgd2 in the body

OC000459 is also a pgd2 blocker, much more powerful than setipiprant but weaker than TM30089, so It's easier to sleep while on it. OC is very pricey, TM is very cheap.

Don't expect regrowth from these meds, their job is only to halt further recession and hair loss