Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing what besides listening to f*****g doctors? They put me on thyroid meds, I didn’t seek this sh*t out. No I’m throwing every ducking thing I can at it and nothing is f*****g working. Stopping is a death sentence for what sh*t density I have left. At 40 my hair was ducking perfect. The doctors are f*****g liable.
May I ask what you do for a living? I can’t imagine you being a functional member of society. You need to seek mental help. I’m not trying to be a dick AT ALL, I mean it truly. You’ve been posting here for four years with perfect hair in your 40s. Don’t you want a wife and kids? Your literally bugging out

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m bugging out because this should stop or slow with treatment. I cannot begin to explain the amount of ducking hair I’ve lost in 3 years and worse continue to lose every f*****g f*****g day. I am Executive, I’m in excellent shape/health, longtime architect girlfriend and even she is like WTF has happened to you because there is f*****g hair everywhere.

there’s no f*****g reason Dutasteride oral minoxidil and RU wouldn’t stop this in its f*****g tracks. I cannot get an answer as to why or what the f*** is going on. Do yeah when a doctor that fucked me on minoxidil told me to stay off of Finasteride, that it was Telogen Effluvium and would grow tells me it stress duck that sh*t. I might kill myself over this, not for f*****g vanity but because after 30k 16 doctors in 3 years I don’t have an answer and the way it’s happening FUE won’t do a ducking thing.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can I get a transplant when I’m losing 499 hairs a day and the ‘safe zone’ is at about 20% density from 2018/19?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can I get a transplant when I’m losing 499 hairs a day and the ‘safe zone’ is at about 20% density from 2018/19?
My guy. You have a ton of hair still. Even in your safe zone. That hair isn’t androgenic alopecia. Try stopping everything, and taking finasteride 1mg on MWF (3 days per week). There’s Australian transplant doctors on the “Hair loss show” on YouTube or recommend finasteride 3 times per week, and have great results with no sides. They especially recommend that for people like you, who are older with non agressive hair loss. Stop rogaine stop topical duta, literally just take finasteride MWF and then if you want get a touch up transplant, all the celebrities do that.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You probably will kill yourself over this one day. You’ll be 60 and commenting on this same thread like “when I was 40 I had thick hair” lmao. You simply cannot live with the multiple mistakes you have made. Unreal.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My guy. You have a ton of hair still. Even in your safe zone. That hair isn’t androgenic alopecia. Try stopping everything, and taking finasteride 1mg on MWF (3 days per week). There’s Australian transplant doctors on the “Hair loss show” on YouTube or recommend finasteride 3 times per week, and have great results with no sides. They especially recommend that for people like you, who are older with non agressive hair loss. Stop rogaine stop topical duta, literally just take finasteride MWF and then if you want get a touch up transplant, all the celebrities do that.
He will never take this advise. It’s been offered to him dozens of times. He’ll keep chopping and changing meds. the chronic Telogen Effluvium will never end and he’ll end up looking like an extra from the walking dead.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m bugging out because this should stop or slow with treatment. I cannot begin to explain the amount of ducking hair I’ve lost in 3 years and worse continue to lose every f*****g f*****g day. I am Executive, I’m in excellent shape/health, longtime architect girlfriend and even she is like WTF has happened to you because there is f*****g hair everywhere.

there’s no f*****g reason Dutasteride oral minoxidil and RU wouldn’t stop this in its f*****g tracks. I cannot get an answer as to why or what the f*** is going on. Do yeah when a doctor that fucked me on minoxidil told me to stay off of Finasteride, that it was Telogen Effluvium and would grow tells me it stress duck that sh*t. I might kill myself over this, not for f*****g vanity but because after 30k 16 doctors in 3 years I don’t have an answer and the way it’s happening FUE won’t do a ducking thing.

Ah, you do have a girlfriend, that's good! Even though she notices your hair falling out, I bet she doesn't think you are balding! She probably thinks that you have great hair for your age and worries about your escalating obsession with your hair.. She is growing older too, how does she deal with similar issues?
(Admittedly, girlfriends and family members are not the most reliable judges, but you definitely need the perspective of a person close to you other than doctors)

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to these chumps telling you that your not diffusing, you clearly are. I'm also losing hundreds of hairs a day and nothing works. Oral minoxidil has been of some use but that's it

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, you do have a girlfriend, that's good! Even though she notices your hair falling out, I bet she doesn't think you are balding! She probably thinks that you have great hair for your age and worries about your escalating obsession with your hair.. She is growing older too, how does she deal with similar issues?
(Admittedly, girlfriends and family members are not the most reliable judges, but you definitely need the perspective of a person close to you other than doctors)
She recognized the shedding before me. My hair has been crazy dense my whole life. Then at 40 after using a hormone medication for the first time ever I start losing all of it? Thinning sides and back as well. She doesn’t care if I’m bald but she is also concerned about WTF is going on. I ask her to look at sides and back versus top because I can’t. She says it’s all thin. I now can see the hairline miniaturization. If not for the shedding I would have definitely thinned but not like this. Not from GOAT density to f*****g Gollum while on heavy hairloss medication.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure @bluecyclone has self-inflicted hormonal imbalance within thyroid issues, sadly.

It doesn't seem to be male pattern baldness.

Edit: And I am right :( hope you can solve this.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
She recognized the shedding before me. My hair has been crazy dense my whole life. Then at 40 after using a hormone medication for the first time ever I start losing all of it? Thinning sides and back as well. She doesn’t care if I’m bald but she is also concerned about WTF is going on. I ask her to look at sides and back versus top because I can’t. She says it’s all thin. I now can see the hairline miniaturization. If not for the shedding I would have definitely thinned but not like this. Not from GOAT density to f*****g Gollum while on heavy hairloss medication.
You mentioned that you used to run triathlons and marathons but quit because of the hairloss sorrows, right?
If i were you, I would pick it up again. It probably doesn't stop the hairloss, but - you are fully aware of this, of course! - it helps a lot for the mental health. As a marathon runner myself, I can attest for this.
(Of course, you will worry about the state of your (wet) hair during a race, but you can always wear a hat)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree. I was still registered and would have run Chicago, London, and Berlin last year if not for COVID. Still using weights for mental health and I’m strong than I was as a D1 football player. Nothing helps though with this rate of change and no answers despite big risks. And yes I consider even Finasteride to be a huge risk, and I’m on topical Dutasteride, oral minoxidil, RU AND low dose Propecia and sh*t only gets worse.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to these chumps telling you that your not diffusing, you clearly are. I'm also losing hundreds of hairs a day and nothing works. Oral minoxidil has been of some use but that's it
Ah yes. An obsessive hypochondriac makes another obsessive hypochondriac nervous - this forum in a nutshell. You guys are the reason I’m gonna quit this website. Hes 40 and taking pics of his hair soaking wet, parted weird. A ten year old’s hair would look bad doing that