Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shed months have been 3 straight years. ONLY thing that stopped the shed was an Iron IV. No doctors will give me another because my Ferritin stayed above 100. Pre IV it was 29. IV 386. 2-3 months no shedding and decent regrowth. Dropped down to 89 shed resumed.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No you definitely don't want to take an aromatase inhibitor.

It might be time for an antiandrogen to reduce your test.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I think with high T this guy is probably going to need to go the hormonal route.
I think he should cycle E on and off. Or try CPA

CPA lowers all sex hormones drastically. Or maybe even a LHRH analog.

But all this is pretty risky.

Bica will double his androgens, but he already has extreme high t so he will need unrealistic doses which will be unhealthy in the long run. I am referring to 150-250mg.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good points. CPA+E seems to be the best route. Could viably start on a low dose. His T is almost equivalent to someone on a low dose of steroids, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is fine side effect wise with lowering it a few hundred. He also said his E was slightly high, so he wouldn't even need much. Maybe he could get away with topical only? I don't know what the target numbers should look like, but all I know is that T over 1000 is going to be hard to maintain hair for even those with the best genetics. Obviously though, as I have mentioned before, I think he's already got good hair for the rest of his life. But if he wants to reduce the shedding then he's going to have to address the testosterone. It seems like although he has a high shed rate, he has an almost equally high growth rate. This is evident with his high T/E. OP needs to keep in mind that there are those who are balding without shedding much at all, they just don't have the growth factors to keep maintaining.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good points. CPA+E seems to be the best route. Could viably start on a low dose. His T is almost equivalent to someone on a low dose of steroids, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is fine side effect wise with lowering it a few hundred. He also said his E was slightly high, so he wouldn't even need much. Maybe he could get away with topical only? I don't know what the target numbers should look like, but all I know is that T over 1000 is going to be hard to maintain hair for even those with the best genetics. Obviously though, as I have mentioned before, I think he's already got good hair for the rest of his life. But if he wants to reduce the shedding then he's going to have to address the testosterone. It seems like although he has a high shed rate, he has an almost equally high growth rate. This is evident with his high T/E. OP needs to keep in mind that there are those who are balding without shedding much at all, they just don't have the growth factors to keep maintaining.
You can get erections with T being 50 ng/dl...

And his T is over normal ranges... lol 600-800 ng/dl is the ideal value.

Little dose of E to reduce LH and FSH and get it back to normal levels. I think all the AAs and 5ARis have been wrecking his t production axis.

I think CPA for a short period of time could be used.

His T is waay too high.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get erections with T being 50 ng/dl...

And his T is over normal ranges... lol 600-800 ng/dl is the ideal value.

Little dose of E to reduce LH and FSH and get it back to normal levels. I think all the AAs and 5ARis have been wrecking his t production axis.

I think CPA for a short period of time could be used.

His T is waay too high.
Yeah he probably got reflex hyper. And if oral minoxidil hasn't worked then it's time for the E route. People are afraid of it but I bet very conservative doses could work. I mean, I'm cycling bi-estro and I was doing it twice a day last month, no sides whatsoever.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worried about E. I working on getting T in range again. That shot way up just in the last few months maybe related to topcial Dutasteride? I am still getting sides even with the high T. It wasn’t even that high last year when a doctor had me on HCG for Finasteride sides.

also trying to maintain fertility which can be tough over 40 on AAs.

Any thoughts on topical Progesterone cream at the hairline?

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah he probably got reflex hyper. And if oral minoxidil hasn't worked then it's time for the E route. People are afraid of it but I bet very conservative doses could work. I mean, I'm cycling bi-estro and I was doing it twice a day last month, no sides whatsoever.

haha told ya

even with micro needling and slapping on bi estro i still couldnt get sides and everyone was freaking out about using it

@TurboFixer there's your answer :)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@JaneyElizabeth was talking progesterone yesterday. I think it essentially runs the risk of converting to T.
It might although it would be strange that something that creates ductal growth in cis-females would cause hair loss. P4 is also touted by Powers as having the ability to increase breast size, which again seems unlikely to be associated with hair loss. It is an anti-androgen like Provera but neither of them are particularly strong AA's unless used at fairly high dosages and P4 is not very active orally hence the Powers folks use it rectally which I found unbecoming. It does appear to have some androgenic effects potentially.

But it does seem to reduce reductase and competes for the relevant receptors. We are more aware of estradiol and how it works but p4 is a prominent female sex hormone and it mediates much of pregnancy which is a period of good hair growth for most females and apparently upon the flush of P4, post-partum hair and depression effects can commence.

Last edited: