Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on oral minoxidil for 3 years. I fear it is a cause of the shedding.
Sorry. It can be but I think it is "benevolent shedding". I went through that on spironolactone all the way down but then it grew back better but MtF's can wear wigs and that a real advantage for riding out my sheds.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep pretty solid counts. On days wo a wash it’s less than 500 but I could shake my head over the sink at any point and yield 20-40 without touching. It is growing back but the hairs are thin average 2-3 inches and curly and light in color where the shed hairs were black and 6-7 inches.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is male pattern baldness and it progressively fast for the treatments I’m on.
Have you had a biopsy done? I am a male who has just been diagnosed with Lichen Planopilaris both at the front and vertex (may also be frontal fibrosing subset). I'd suggest exploring if this might be the cause - you would need a biopsy from the affected area..

I have lots of itching and hair loss in the areas affected.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Biopsy showed male pattern baldness. My temples are gone diffusing everywhere. Hundreds of small hairs regrowing all thin AF at the hairline. 300+ hairs daily no question.

Attachments

• CD8C9CF0-CC11-4B0F-B97C-B0720508F238.jpeg
    CD8C9CF0-CC11-4B0F-B97C-B0720508F238.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 155
  • B9D468DD-E3F8-4E53-BB98-A21D235FC2AB.jpeg
    B9D468DD-E3F8-4E53-BB98-A21D235FC2AB.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 148

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Biopsy showed male pattern baldness. My temples are gone diffusing everywhere. Hundreds of small hairs regrowing all thin AF at the hairline. 300+ hairs daily no question.
Change the title of your thread to Slowly going bald in my 40's (now that you confirmed it with a biopsy). You still will be fine in the next few decades as I told you before you still have way more hair than I did when we both started.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks dense AF bro. I’m sure you are balding, but with ur regimine, you’ll be ok for a while.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was about to say the same as @DoctorHouse.
It's extremely difficult to stay objective when it comes to your own hair. Yes, you have lost some density since 2017. No, you won't go bald fast. Your current hairline is better than 90% of other 43-44 year olds. At this speed of thinning, you will have still have a decent head of hair at 50, probably at 60 as well. I would definitely settle for that.
It's all about setting realistic goals. You will never be satisfied as long as you keep comparing your hair with the - in your own words- GOAT hair you used to have until your late thirties.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you guys, it’s the shedding that’s murder, I’ve been counting 200 daily and upwards of 300 each wash. No protocol changes for 7 months. Doctors say it’s a chronic Telogen Effluvium but I can’t handle how much is falling out.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you guys, it’s the shedding that’s murder, I’ve been counting 200 daily and upwards of 300 each wash. No protocol changes for 7 months. Doctors say it’s a chronic Telogen Effluvium but I can’t handle how much is falling out.
Thats depressing man. You sure you dont have problems with scalp?

Btw ngl. Your density is still rocking lol _cries in balding as teen_

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp is pristine, I had been on antibiotics for beard folliculitis for many years. I stopped after the hairloss started. I wonder if that made it worse? low dose doxycycline. My testosterone is abnormally high right now. Would it be smart to take oral Dutasteride with the topical like once per week. Have been trying not to change regimen so I haven’t added Propeica back in but maybe if it’s the same drug there won’t be a shed?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp is pristine, I had been on antibiotics for beard folliculitis for many years. I stopped after the hairloss started. I wonder if that made it worse? low dose doxycycline. My testosterone is abnormally high right now. Would it be smart to take oral Dutasteride with the topical like once per week. Have been trying not to change regimen so I haven’t added Propeica back in but maybe if it’s the same drug there won’t be a shed?
I wonder if topical daro and daslo would help you. AA+Anti Histamina seems great + maybe even duta or fina topically to lessen systemic... cause you said once you had nasty side effects.
We all know that estrogens are the fuel to start the follicle motor lol. And Estriol binds at most to skin tissues. There are many users using topical estriol in their compounds. Its likely that your hair loss is not only androgen driven, but more-over by the effetcs of the cascade activated by androgens. Estrogens downregulate ARs, so in theory, if you would even develop hyperandrogenicity by AA's through medication, you can actually reverse/prevent that. Tho the Estriol dosage should be in a sufficient dose.

Switching stuff will always cause sheds.

Thats all I can say, maybe there are more opinions. :)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. As I am trying to keep things unchanged my question is: would adding a weekly or 2x oral Dutasteride be safer shed wise while on Topical Dutasteride and RU? Or would adding back .25 Finasteride EOD help up the AA game without additional shed risk?

I’ve always had sides on oral medication but it’s pretty clear the topicals cannot keep up with my 1100 testosterone.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. As I am trying to keep things unchanged my question is: would adding a weekly or 2x oral Dutasteride be safer shed wise while on Topical Dutasteride and RU? Or would adding back .25 Finasteride EOD help up the AA game without additional shed risk?

I’ve always had sides on oral medication but it’s pretty clear the topicals cannot keep up with my 1100 testosterone.
Bro at ur age-- id say keeping ur hair this long is a victory. Don't kill urself. I get it-- the anxiety-- but I think healthy test is more important at ur age than keeping Norwood 1

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly if it was just about recession I’d be very chill about this at my again. It’s the overall brutal loss of density that gives me zero hope. My sides and ‘safe’ area are also very very thin.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dang why is your T soo high!? Did you went to a endocrinologst. Issue might be hormonal imbalance.

If you stop your T, and put it on "normal" ranges, then you can as well control your DHT. The more AA's you add, the higher the T gets. I wonder why the excessive T doesn't get aromatized. Don't you have a baseline profile for the T? And how high are your E levels!?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
All is essentially balanced T jumped when starting AA’s and hairline which had zero thinning, thinned out in under 6 months. I’d want to kill myself because I’d be much better if I never did a single f*****g thing and instead listened to hair doctors that started me in minoxidil shed no recovery, Propecia, shed sides hairline gone, no recovery. This all started out of the blue at 39/40 when some old *** doctor gave me thyroid medication I didn’t need. Really ruined my life.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
All is essentially balanced T jumped when starting AA’s and hairline which had zero thinning, thinned out in under 6 months. I’d want to kill myself because I’d be much better if I never did a single f*****g thing and instead listened to hair doctors that started me in minoxidil shed no recovery, Propecia, shed sides hairline gone, no recovery. This all started out of the blue at 39/40 when some old *** doctor gave me thyroid medication I didn’t need. Really ruined my life.
The best you can do now, is checking your thyroids and hormones and then trying to balance them out.