Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine started in june 2019. I don't know if I consider it slow or fast. People still can't tell I'm balding but my hair is way worse in terms of quality.

June notice small thinning in specific area.
September letf temple got weaker
November crown showed thinning for the first time
December frontal hair started feeling like corn hair, a lot of shedding but still great density and thickness, and strong hairline.
Februrary frontal hair started to get thinner and weaker, but I still could put a great hair
Didn't get a haircut until July. I kept thinning but still had huge density and volume as I hadn't got a haircut.
The new haircut in July showed thinning on the sides and back for the first time and it's when I realize I have DUPA.
Untill October hair growth acelerated for the first time since I started to thin. I was still balding but regained volume and density. Maybe I had Telogen Effluvium too.
New haircut in October. A shitty By the way. Realized the front was worse. Couldn't do a mop anymore. It was translucent again strong light. Started wearing it down.

Haven't cut my hair since then. Growing very slow, the slowest since the thinning started. Only now after almost 4 months it's reaching is typical volume and thickness but nothing compared to before. Temples are finally to go. Not just thinning, but real recession. I'm basically a NW2. Front hairline thin as f***. Sides worse. Crown for some reason didn't got worse. Top has the worst quality/density it ever had in my life.

I still looks normal from others due my hair type and color, but not for too long.

Sooo whatcha waiting for? Get on finasteride. I’d understand if it’s progressing slowly and you don’t want to rock the boat, but you’re noticing recession and thinning at the same time. Might as well jump on finasteride.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine started in june 2019. I don't know if I consider it slow or fast. People still can't tell I'm balding but my hair is way worse in terms of quality.

June notice small thinning in specific area.
September letf temple got weaker
November crown showed thinning for the first time
December frontal hair started feeling like corn hair, a lot of shedding but still great density and thickness, and strong hairline.
Februrary frontal hair started to get thinner and weaker, but I still could put a great hair
Didn't get a haircut until July. I kept thinning but still had huge density and volume as I hadn't got a haircut.
The new haircut in July showed thinning on the sides and back for the first time and it's when I realize I have DUPA.
Untill October hair growth acelerated for the first time since I started to thin. I was still balding but regained volume and density. Maybe I had Telogen Effluvium too.
New haircut in October. A shitty By the way. Realized the front was worse. Couldn't do a mop anymore. It was translucent again strong light. Started wearing it down.

Haven't cut my hair since then. Growing very slow, the slowest since the thinning started. Only now after almost 4 months it's reaching is typical volume and thickness but nothing compared to before. Temples are finally to go. Not just thinning, but real recession. I'm basically a NW2. Front hairline thin as f***. Sides worse. Crown for some reason didn't got worse. Top has the worst quality/density it ever had in my life.

I still looks normal from others due my hair type and color, but not for too long.
I would consider that fast. I guess you could try finasteride, but be warned, the sides can be very real. 0.25 EOD

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries man. Get the dandruff under control and try not to stress about it (I know firsthand that’s easier said than done). Take some comfort knowing that in the future (if needed) you’ll have options that work for most people.
Hey man, I’m just wondering if you still compete in ironman triathlons? You were looking beastly when you started this thread.

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries man. Get the dandruff under control and try not to stress about it (I know firsthand that’s easier said than done). Take some comfort knowing that in the future (if needed) you’ll have options that work for most people.

Ok sir I just wonder why this is happening to me . I'm so scared because I think I might have male pattern baldness but what I've read from internet everyone say it's genetic and no one in my entire family is bald. I'm so scares because of this

nickbor34

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw my hair falling out in the bathroom. I washed my hair and pulled out patches of hair. This went on for 3 months and I became bald. The doctors said that these are hormonal problems and a simple transplant of the bulbs will not help solve this issue.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sooo whatcha waiting for? Get on finasteride. I’d understand if it’s progressing slowly and you don’t want to rock the boat, but you’re noticing recession and thinning at the same time. Might as well jump on finasteride.
Financial reasons. But I hope I'll be able to start treatment till the middle of this year

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any hope of recovering this lost density? I’m going with everything I can safely attempt.

Topical Dutasteride.5 4x week 10ml
Oral Minoxidil 5 mg
RU 100mg a day

HCG injections 3 x week or I cannot function with an AA.
HGH injections daily (added back, looking at photos hair had improved in HGH from July-August. Still shedding but regrowth was a lot healthier.

my total T is 1100
my total estradiol is 88
my free T is only 90

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any member suffering from male pattern baldness tell me about the syptoms of it . I'm so stressed man I'm only 17 and this is happening to me when no one is bald in my entire family .

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably it's Telogen Effluvium or stress relate hairloss. Or vitamind defficency
Ok sir thanks for your reply , I hope my hairfall is temporary I'm already suffering from so many problems that are making me so much anti social from Gynecomastia to short height, and now this hairloss tomorrow I'll go to a dermatologist I hope it's temporary.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny. I mean it’s a lot of density in just a few years. Yes I tried a lot of sh*t but kept everything at least 6 months before changing.

was ready to start Propecia but the doctor told me not to use it if I wanted kids in the next five years.

Topical Minoxidil a crazy shed from which I never recovered. Switched to oral minoxidil, could be causing shedding.

added RU for 6 months until I had a gyno scare. PCP thought testosterone gel would fix it. Yeah it did and fucked my hair even more.

Started oral Propecia huge f*****g shed, my balls swelled up like grapefruit and hurt so bad I couldn’t walk after a week. A week later my libido and errections were gone. Labs went crazy as well crazy high estradiol prolactin. Low DHT. Switched to topcial Finasteride for two years had some sides but never slowed the shedding down. Tried oral again, worked but sides came back and the hairline, which wasn’t thinning started to go fast at the forelock.

Low ferritin, had iron IV and my hair actually improved in 2019.

stayed on Propecia, tried HCG per doctor to balance sides, and added 1X week topical Dutasteride. Shedding went crazy again. Dropped Propecia, added RU back.

‘no one should lose ground in this stack’

Topical Dutasteride
Oral Minoxidil
RU

but unchanged since September 1 my hair has declined in that stack. My body feels like sh*t. And like WTF still losing 300-400 hairs a day

so yeah tried a lot over three years. would have loved to drop Finasteride and f*****g relax. I should have done nothing.
You should not have kids for reasons other then your hair. You were not balding bro. You still arnt balding. Your hair looks great. People lose density as they age. Your sitting in your bathroom like a psycho ripping your hair out and putting it in the sink. Can we PLEASE stop answering in this thread. This guy is a 42 year old weirdo who messing with his perfect hair. Enough please lol

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker, not so frequent poster. As a 41 year old guy who, after 15 years of successfull finasteride use, has starting to diffusely thin again in his late thirties, I can somewhat relate to OP and his worries (although, obviously, his hair is quite a lot better).
Just like him, i do realise that i have a bit of BDD and that my hair is, objectively speaking, decent for my age. But still, it sucks to lose it, even in your forties, and it is so easy to become obsessed with it (even though i now have a family - i always thought that i would care a lot less after having kids ). I can sympathize with OP's frustration of not being able to halt the shedding and thinning. I still have longish hair that can hide the thinning by slicking it back, but i fear the day that i have to give up that hairstyle.
Having said that, it doesn't seem that that moment is near for OP. I agree with several others that his pictures are very unclear and don't prove much. There might be some thinning going on, but it looks like either age related thinning or very mild male pattern baldness.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all for weighing in. I don’t disagree that pretty much everything is accurate:

some type of Telogen Effluvium chronic and maybe caused by treatment, thyroid meds, stress...

age related thinning...

mild male pattern baldness...

an obsessive reaction due to the constant shed and unexpected change, at 40 losing my hair was so black and dense that the idea of loss was never once considered even though my father was bald AF in his thirties... thought I had fully dodged that bullet.

failure of proven male pattern baldness treatments with resulting side effects... staying on topical Dutasteride, RU, oral minoxidil without changes for at least 9 months. Nearing month five with zero decrease in shedding. Some shirt thin regrowth.

Catch-22 we all face with compromises associated with bad meds: stop meds and face resulting shed, stay on not knowing if they are doing harm, risk of not fighting, medical advice that you MUST start early...

If I can get the shed under control even knowing I probably made matters worse, I’ll relax and move on...

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all for weighing in. I don’t disagree that pretty much everything is accurate:

some type of Telogen Effluvium chronic and maybe caused by treatment, thyroid meds, stress...

age related thinning...

mild male pattern baldness...

an obsessive reaction due to the constant shed and unexpected change, at 40 losing my hair was so black and dense that the idea of loss was never once considered even though my father was bald AF in his thirties... thought I had fully dodged that bullet.

failure of proven male pattern baldness treatments with resulting side effects... staying on topical Dutasteride, RU, oral minoxidil without changes for at least 9 months. Nearing month five with zero decrease in shedding. Some shirt thin regrowth.

Catch-22 we all face with compromises associated with bad meds: stop meds and face resulting shed, stay on not knowing if they are doing harm, risk of not fighting, medical advice that you MUST start early...

If I can get the shed under control even knowing I probably made matters worse, I’ll relax and move on...
The meds are destroying your hair, man. Even if it is mild male pattern baldness you’ll have decent hair past 50! Nobody has hair forever.
Just quit everything so you can stabilize your Telogen Effluvium. What’s wrong with you, man!?
Do you think if you keep rubbing that sh*t on your scalp and popping those pills you’re going to be back in 2017 again? You won’t. The meds clearly aren’t working. I empathize with you, too, but come onnnnnn

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I was doing my best to not post in this forum anymore but I just have to repeat myself one more time. Even with treatments most men will still lose hair in their 40's. You are no exception. You have the genes. It's as simple as that. I too had great hair until my late 30's. It was in my 40's that I lost the most density even with treatments. Did I go bald? No! Do I still have decent hair? Yes! Is my hair better than most of the guys half my age on this forum? Yes! And I have thyroid issues just like you @bluecyclone.

You are not going to be bald in the next decade as long as you are proactive. You keep thinking these medication are cures. They don't stop your hair from aging. You don't have aggressive hair loss. You would be just fine using finasteride and topical minoxidil. You will still shed because minoxidil can cause a CHRONIC telogen effluvium for some people. If you don't want to shed as much than stop the minoxidil. Just stay on the finasteride. And you keep injecting yourself with HGH for some odd reason. Stop messing with your hormones at your age. Let your body age gracefully and naturally. Just stick to a low carb high protein diet and keep up with weight training. Don't go too low on your carbs because you have thyroid issues. Listen to someone who survived hair loss in his 40's and who has thyroid issues like you do. You are overmedicating yourself when you barely have a problem. Overkill is not something I would advise in your case.

Ok, this will be my last post. Back into retirement.

Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was doing my best to not post in this forum anymore but I just have to repeat myself one more time. Even with treatments most men will still lose hair in their 40's. You are no exception. You have the genes. It's as simple as that. I too had great hair until my late 30's. It was in my 40's that I lost the most density even with treatments. Did I go bald? No! Do I still have decent hair? Yes! Is my hair better than most of the guys half my age on this forum? Yes! And I have thyroid issues just like you @bluecyclone.

You are not going to be bald in the next decade as long as you on proactive. You keep thinking these medication are cures. They don't stop your hair from aging. You don't have aggressive hair loss. You would be just fine using finasteride and topical minoxidil. You will still shed because minoxidil can cause a CHRONIC telogen effluvium for some people. If you don't want to shed as much than stop the minoxidil. Just stay on the finasteride. And you keep injecting yourself with HGH for some odd reason. Stop messing with your hormones at your age. Let your body age gracefully and naturally. Just stick to a low carb high protein diet and keep up with weight training. Don't go too low on your carbs because you have thyroid issues. Listen to someone who survived hair loss in his 40's and who has thyroid issues like you do. You are overmedicating yourself when you barely have a problem. Overkill is not something I would advise in your case.

Check my threads out before you retire pls

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are not going to be bald in the next decade as long as you are proactive. You keep thinking these medication are cures. They don't stop your hair from aging. You don't have aggressive hair loss. You would be just fine using finasteride and topical minoxidil. You will still shed because minoxidil can cause a CHRONIC telogen effluvium for some people. If you don't want to shed as much than stop the minoxidil. Just stay on the finasteride. And you keep injecting yourself with HGH for some odd reason. Stop messing with your hormones at your age. Let your body age gracefully and naturally. Just stick to a low carb high protein diet and keep up with weight training. Don't go too low on your carbs because you have thyroid issues. Listen to someone who survived hair loss in his 40's and who has thyroid issues like you do. You are overmedicating yourself when you barely have a problem. Overkill is not something I would advise in your case.

Hmm my father is 46 and his scalp is still full of thick curly hairs and same with his brother . Yes all there hairs are not black but still . And talking about my grandfather he went through 5 surgeries and Chemotherapy and still his scalp is full of white hairs and he's 82 . Idk what's wrong with me I'm only 17 and facing this hairloss problem. There's no balding problem on my mother's side . Like I used to have the most hairs in my family . But 2020 lockdown turned out to be the worst time of my life .

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm my father is 46 and his scalp is still full of thick curly hairs and same with his brother . Yes all there hairs are not black but still . And talking about my grandfather he went through 5 surgeries and Chemotherapy and still his scalp is full of white hairs and he's 82 . Idk what's wrong with me I'm only 17 and facing this hairloss problem. There's no balding problem on my mother's side . Like I used to have the most hairs in my family . But 2020 lockdown turned out to be the worst time of my life .
So log out of HairLossTalk.com and relax. If it’s stress that’s causing your hair loss, being here is making things worse.
*gently taps temple with index finger* think about it...

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
So log out of HairLossTalk.com and relax. If it’s stress that’s causing your hair loss, being here is making things worse.
But this is the probably the lowest time in my life I can't lie .

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll do the thing you've mentioned