Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not just Telogen Effluvium. Clearly diffuse thinning. But not DUPA or retrograde. I have DUPA and probabbly retrograde. Believe me, it's not what you have.

Every single area of my head is thinning. I almost cried today. Now the occiptal area of head is also thinning. You know that pattern with two big bald spots in between the sides and back of head? Yep, I have it. I'm totally screwed.

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So why don’t you try doing nothing. That’s the only thing you haven’t done. Il obviously you won’t go back to baseline but once the Telogen Effluvium stops you will gain some density. You don’t have male pattern baldness in my opinion. That much shedding for three years and still all that hair? No chance!

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not just Telogen Effluvium. Clearly diffuse thinning. But not DUPA or retrograde. I have DUPA and probabbly retrograde. Believe me, it's not what you have.

Every single area of my head is thinning. I almost cried today. No the occiptal area of head is thinning. You know, that pattern with two big bald spots in between the sides and back of head? Yep, I have it. I'm totally screwed.
I have this I think. Density loss all over. Interestingly enough looking at pictures for 3-4 years ago, the occipital area took a hit first. I still have complete coverage and no one else would no I am thinning, but I know my future. Buzz cuts work well for us, it’s not that bad.

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have this I think. Density loss all over. Interestingly enough looking at pictures for 3-4 years ago, the occipital area took a hit first. I still have complete coverage and no one else would no I am thinning, but I know my future. Buzz cuts work well for us, it’s not that bad.
Yes, me too. I still have full coverage and nobody believes I'm balding for almost 2 years. I buzzed my head most of my life, I don't wanna go back to it. And yes, maybe it will look decent in the first years, the end of DUPA is always terrible thinning all over. SHAVING and buzzing will be the final option.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? Ride out the buzz for as long as possible and then top up with smp when it’s starts to get too thin for even a short buzz.

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? Ride out the buzz for as long as possible and then top up with smp when it’s starts to get too thin for even a short buzz.
I'm in my 20s. I still can rock regular haircuts so I'll do it as long as it possible. I never looked good with a buzzcut, even before hairloss. I'll eventully try finasteride for some time

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay mate. I tried finasteride. I didn’t like the sides but I do think it worked for my hair loss, but expect a massive shed from all over the scalp. We have miniaturized hairs everywhere and finasteride sheds them. Mine lasted 7 months at only 0.25mg a day! I decided to quit though.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay mate. I tried finasteride. I didn’t like the sides but I do think it worked for my hair loss, but expect a massive shed from all over the scalp. We have miniaturized hairs everywhere and finasteride sheds them. Mine lasted 7 months at only 0.25mg a day! I decided to quit though.
Yep, that's my fear. If all my thinning hair shed, I'll be full bald until it comes back

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s understandable. I sometimes look back at the pictures and am shocked at how much hair I shed between june 2018 - January 2019. I’m not fear mongering, the drug was probably doing its job, but yeah, I would recommend taking this drug with a number 1 buzz cut. The shed will be scary if it happens, especially our hair loss.
1mg is definitely overkill. Start at 0.25/.50 and if you shed or get sides it’s working.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2021 verus 2018. ON TREATMENTS.

1611329932175.png

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s understandable. I sometimes look back at the pictures and am shocked at how much hair I shed between june 2018 - January 2019. I’m not fear mongering, the drug was probably doing its job, but yeah, I would recommend taking this drug with a number 1 buzz cut. The shed will be scary if it happens, especially our hair loss.
1mg is definitely overkill. Start at 0.25/.50 and if you shed or get sides it’s working.
Agree on dosing 1mg overkill I was still getting sides at .25

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone I hope you'll are fine , so this is my very first post to this site I've created my account few minutes ago because of my hairloss problem I'm so scared and sad because of this .
So I'm a 17 year old male (will turn 18 in may) I used to have thick curly hairs till September 2020 , I didn't used to pay too much attention to my hairs like I wash them irregularly 1 to 3 times in 10 days I used to oil them once or twice in 10 days but everything was going fine . Then in March 2020 after lockdown I used to stay at home all the day and I didn't use to do anything so gradually I became very sad and stressed about what I'll do in future and my sleep schedule was so bad between March and may . Then again everything was going fine but I'm still a bit sad . Then in July I used to do so much exercise and I didn't wash my hairs for 4 days straight then in end of July my scalp starts to itch and used to scratch it . But still didn't pay much attention then in August it used to itch alot and I also scratched it alot and in September when I was washing my hairs I notice 20 to 30 hairs comes out of my scalp that was the first time I saw that much hairs coming out of my scalp . And I started having so much flaky dandruff and itching was still a problem then I started using Ketoconazole 2% now I've no dandruff but my hairs are comparably thinner than what they used to be my Scalp still itches and my scalp is oily with greasy type flakes but my scalp gets clear whenever I shampoo it .
Note: No one in my entire family is bald (mother and father side).
My grandfather had gone through 4 surgeries and Chemotherapy and his scalp is still full of hairs.
My mother's father is 80 and still his scalp is full of thick hairs. My father and brother scalp is full of thick hairs (like what I used to have) please help me .

Sorry for my English

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone I hope you'll are fine , so this is my very first post to this site I've created my account few minutes ago because of my hairloss problem I'm so scared and sad because of this .
So I'm a 17 year old male (will turn 18 in may) I used to have thick curly hairs till September 2020 , I didn't used to pay too much attention to my hairs like I wash them irregularly 1 to 3 times in 10 days I used to oil them once or twice in 10 days but everything was going fine . Then in March 2020 after lockdown I used to stay at home all the day and I didn't use to do anything so gradually I became very sad and stressed about what I'll do in future and my sleep schedule was so bad between March and may . Then again everything was going fine but I'm still a bit sad . Then in July I used to do so much exercise and I didn't wash my hairs for 4 days straight then in end of July my scalp starts to itch and used to scratch it . But still didn't pay much attention then in August it used to itch alot and I also scratched it alot and in September when I was washing my hairs I notice 20 to 30 hairs comes out of my scalp that was the first time I saw that much hairs coming out of my scalp . And I started having so much flaky dandruff and itching was still a problem then I started using Ketoconazole 2% now I've no dandruff but my hairs are comparably thinner than what they used to be my Scalp still itches and my scalp is oily with greasy type flakes but my scalp gets clear whenever I shampoo it .
My grandfather had gone through 4 surgeries and Chemotherapy and his scalp is still full of hairs.
My mother's father is 80 and still his scalp is full of thick hairs. My father and brother scalp is full of thick hairs (like what I used to have) please help me .

Sorry for my English
Ik my answer is very big . Please pardon me

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry for my English
I forgot to mention nowadays my scalp is still itching not alot but yes it itches, my hairs are thin and my scalp have greasy dandruff. Ik it's normal to loose 50 to 100 hairs per day . But I can tell u something is wrong with my hairs and scalp guys.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Furiouss I think the keto is a good first step at your age. I would wait in Finasteride until you’re fully matured. First thing is getting your scalp in decent shape. Short term ask your doctor about something like Clobetesol (topical steroid) to reduce the inflammation. Hair can appear thinner with Keto alone so consider some decent shampoo and conditioner.

Furiouss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Furiouss I think the keto is a good first step at your age. I would wait in Finasteride until you’re fully matured. First thing is getting your scalp in decent shape. Short term ask your doctor about something like Clobetesol (topical steroid) to reduce the inflammation. Hair can appear thinner with Keto alone so consider some decent shampoo and conditioner.
Ok sir it mean a world to me that u replied I'm so stressed these days because of hairloss. I've stopped using Ketoconazole for like a month because now my scalp didn't have flaky dandruff now the main problem is itching and oily scalp. My scalp is never oily not even my skin is oily .

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries man. Get the dandruff under control and try not to stress about it (I know firsthand that’s easier said than done). Take some comfort knowing that in the future (if needed) you’ll have options that work for most people.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine started in june 2019. I don't know if I consider it slow or fast. People still can't tell I'm balding but my hair is way worse in terms of quality.

June notice small thinning in specific area.
September letf temple got weaker
November crown showed thinning for the first time
December frontal hair started feeling like corn hair, a lot of shedding but still great density and thickness, and strong hairline.
Februrary frontal hair started to get thinner and weaker, but I still could put a great hair
Didn't get a haircut until July. I kept thinning but still had huge density and volume as I hadn't got a haircut.
The new haircut in July showed thinning on the sides and back for the first time and it's when I realize I have DUPA.
Untill October hair growth acelerated for the first time since I started to thin. I was still balding but regained volume and density. Maybe I had Telogen Effluvium too.
New haircut in October. A shitty By the way. Realized the front was worse. Couldn't do a mop anymore. It was translucent again strong light. Started wearing it down.

Haven't cut my hair since then. Growing very slow, the slowest since the thinning started. Only now after almost 4 months it's reaching is typical volume and thickness but nothing compared to before. Temples are finally to go. Not just thinning, but real recession. I'm basically a NW2. Front hairline thin as f***. Sides worse. Crown for some reason didn't got worse. Top has the worst quality/density it ever had in my life.

I still looks normal from others due my hair type and color, but not for too long.