Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to these chumps telling you that your not diffusing, you clearly are. I'm also losing hundreds of hairs a day and nothing works. Oral minoxidil has been of some use but that's it

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, you do have a girlfriend, that's good! Even though she notices your hair falling out, I bet she doesn't think you are balding! She probably thinks that you have great hair for your age and worries about your escalating obsession with your hair.. She is growing older too, how does she deal with similar issues?
(Admittedly, girlfriends and family members are not the most reliable judges, but you definitely need the perspective of a person close to you other than doctors)
She recognized the shedding before me. My hair has been crazy dense my whole life. Then at 40 after using a hormone medication for the first time ever I start losing all of it? Thinning sides and back as well. She doesn’t care if I’m bald but she is also concerned about WTF is going on. I ask her to look at sides and back versus top because I can’t. She says it’s all thin. I now can see the hairline miniaturization. If not for the shedding I would have definitely thinned but not like this. Not from GOAT density to f*****g Gollum while on heavy hairloss medication.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure @bluecyclone has self-inflicted hormonal imbalance within thyroid issues, sadly.

It doesn't seem to be male pattern baldness.

Edit: And I am right :( hope you can solve this.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
She recognized the shedding before me. My hair has been crazy dense my whole life. Then at 40 after using a hormone medication for the first time ever I start losing all of it? Thinning sides and back as well. She doesn’t care if I’m bald but she is also concerned about WTF is going on. I ask her to look at sides and back versus top because I can’t. She says it’s all thin. I now can see the hairline miniaturization. If not for the shedding I would have definitely thinned but not like this. Not from GOAT density to f*****g Gollum while on heavy hairloss medication.
You mentioned that you used to run triathlons and marathons but quit because of the hairloss sorrows, right?
If i were you, I would pick it up again. It probably doesn't stop the hairloss, but - you are fully aware of this, of course! - it helps a lot for the mental health. As a marathon runner myself, I can attest for this.
(Of course, you will worry about the state of your (wet) hair during a race, but you can always wear a hat)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree. I was still registered and would have run Chicago, London, and Berlin last year if not for COVID. Still using weights for mental health and I’m strong than I was as a D1 football player. Nothing helps though with this rate of change and no answers despite big risks. And yes I consider even Finasteride to be a huge risk, and I’m on topical Dutasteride, oral minoxidil, RU AND low dose Propecia and sh*t only gets worse.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to these chumps telling you that your not diffusing, you clearly are. I'm also losing hundreds of hairs a day and nothing works. Oral minoxidil has been of some use but that's it
Ah yes. An obsessive hypochondriac makes another obsessive hypochondriac nervous - this forum in a nutshell. You guys are the reason I’m gonna quit this website. Hes 40 and taking pics of his hair soaking wet, parted weird. A ten year old’s hair would look bad doing that

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody will take you seriously unless you post pictures with DRY hair. You will probably not do this because you can not make it look bad.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Three right now. Long hair hides a lot, there used to be layers and layers of hair like above. Back thinning similar to top. Hair looks thinner and lighter at the root.

Attachments

• 4CDA2D40-3C79-4213-A709-234B0FA1AD91.jpeg
    4CDA2D40-3C79-4213-A709-234B0FA1AD91.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 1230BF1A-05C6-4A94-AC5D-349A304B3BD3.jpeg
    1230BF1A-05C6-4A94-AC5D-349A304B3BD3.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 7CEC9589-3C29-4B87-B91C-9CF2CC225ABC.jpeg
    7CEC9589-3C29-4B87-B91C-9CF2CC225ABC.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 65

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes. An obsessive hypochondriac makes another obsessive hypochondriac nervous - this forum in a nutshell. You guys are the reason I’m gonna quit this website. Hes 40 and taking pics of his hair soaking wet, parted weird. A ten year old’s hair would look bad doing that
this x10

drkzin1

My Regimen
Reaction score
do not listen to people trying to minimize your problem, if something is bothering you do not settle. in my opinion, you have an autoimmune disease, because of that no treatment for male pattern baldness is having an effect

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
do not listen to people trying to minimize your problem, if something is bothering you do not settle. in my opinion, you have an autoimmune disease, because of that no treatment for male pattern baldness is having an effect
Not sure if your trolling, but he probably does have an autoimmune disease. He needs to take meds like Otezla or Tofacitinib to try and stop it